Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The California drought is almost over thanks to El Niño.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Tell that to California....
    Just turned on my tap..yup, I have water,took a shower this am , went to a pool to work out..then took another shower after.
    Funny, all that was in water...drove in the rain as well

Ignorance is bliss...not having that, Knowing what you can change and what you can...and knowing what you are willing to change and not.
    Pretty happy here.
    This is not the "we are the world" coke commercial. MJ is dead folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    MJ will never be dead to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Water. Glorioius fresh water.
    What is this based on? Where are your references?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The reason any country is happy is by ignoring those who aren't well off, ignoring injustice and death.

Happiness comes from delusion.

What human could genuinely be happy knowing that whilst they get their 4th gaming system for Christmas, 2 blocks a way someone is struggling to get their first meal for the week.
    Another bs post with not a solution for this injustice in sight.. wow btw bro your post was so deep I think adelle is rolling in it.

brb gonna go game on my 3 systems and experience delusions of happiness.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason any country is happy is by ignoring those who aren't well off, ignoring injustice and death.

What human could genuinely be happy knowing that whilst they get their 4th gaming system for Christmas, 2 blocks a way someone is struggling to get their first meal for the week.
    Because my happiness is only effected by those in my life. Yeah, it's terrible that a family a few miles away may or may not go hungry. But, I don't stop my life and take the enjoyment away from my family. I donate clothes, food, money, and my time to shelters all of the time. And I'm happier than a pig in shit. Soooo you can take your post and go be a false prophet somewhere else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    Just turned on my tap..yup, I have water,took a shower this am , went to a pool to work out..then took another shower after.
    Funny, all that was in water...drove in the rain as well.
    Glad to know the drought we've been enjoying for the last decade is over because you drove to work in the rain. El niño is going to do wonderful things for us, but have you driven past any reservoirs in the past couple years? The one near Los baños is at least 50 feet lower than it's supposed to be (you can easily see the high mark). We may be getting back on track this winter, but snide "I washed my hands today" comments are about as constructive and ludicrous as throwing a snowball in Congress to prove global warming does not exist.

Then you realise that the idea behind delusion is that one wouldn't be aware of it.

I'm not criticising you - this is a generally normal human behaviour.

If you live in a small town with a few hundred people - then it is possible no-one is struggling for food. In any significant city - guarantee you there are people struggling for food.

- - - Updated - - -

For most people it isn't their problem - that's where the delusion comes in. The fingers in the ears, the head in the sand ... what I can't see isn't my problem.
    Sorry - am I expected to care about every less fortunate family on the planet to the extent that I go broke giving them my hard earned money? You don't see me whining to the rich and famous about how they should give me money instead of living in the 20 bedroom mansions do you? If I wanted that sort of life I'd go get it. Not sit here being a cry baby about who has more than me.

Something in this thread made me remember this comic:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Tell that to California....
    Well, to be fair, I think a lot of Americans would wish California would be annexed by Mexico or... fall into the ocean. So Cali hardly counts.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    Well, to be fair, I think a lot of Americans would wish California would be annexed by Mexico or... fall into the ocean. So Cali hardly counts.
    Considering size of economy I think California would annex Mexico if anything....

That being said here's a drought map of the US. http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/MapsAn...omparison.aspx
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

15+ Year Old Account
    But why are Canadians happier?

Moose piss. Otherwise known as...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    Something in this thread made me remember this comic:

Saved for every time someone says "First world problems!" about something.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account

I thought OP was talking about thawing snow into fresh (highly depends on a place you live in) water
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Canadians maybe, but aren't parts of the US like drought central?
    Yes.

And there's plenty of countries with overall much higher happiness levels than the US...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Things that happen thousands of miles away to people I don't know kind of lack emotional salience. This isn't "delusion". I'm aware that bad things happen. It just doesn't resonate.

No one in my town is struggling for food.
    Do you live in some sort of gated community where no one who makes less than $40,000 a year is allowed in? No?

Then people in your town are struggling for food.

http://www.worldhunger.org/articles/...nger_facts.htm
    Impeach the MF.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FeedsOnDevTears View Post
    Do you live in some sort of gated community where no one who makes less than $40,000 a year is allowed in? No?

If people in the US don't die of hunger why are they eating all the birds and drink snow coffee?

Not that you have food stamps or anything like that North Korean propaganda taught me and you well.

Yes, how dare people not sit around constantly worrying about their neighbors or what's happening elsewhere on Earth. Luckily it hasn't stopped you from posting over 7,000 things on this website alone, or stopped you from playing video games...although I am sure you were completely depressed the whole time thinking about starving children in Zimbabwe.

Quote Originally Posted by FeedsOnDevTears View Post

If by "struggling", you mean, "have to use SNAP", "makes use of food banks", and "can't afford the foods they want", this is true. It's also a deliberate distortion that's a far cry from schwarzkopf's emo bullshit:

Deleted
    I haven't been to Canada, so I am not able to make a personal judgment of the water there. On the other hand I've lived for several years in the US for studies, and the tap water wasn't good at all. Out of all the countries I've visited it doesn't even make the top half. Neither Canada or the US are even in the top 10 of clean water.

Delusion? I know that people are starving and dying all around the world. I'm not pretending it doesn't happen, because it does. But why should I be unhappy just because someone I have never met before is? While it's sad that people are suffering, it doesn't mean I couldn't enjoy my life.

I'm happy. And no, it's not a delusion. It simply is not my job to worry about every person on Earth.

On topic, in Finland we have very clean water. We drink our tap water. Yay.
    Last edited by Arpin; 2015-12-23 at 05:48 PM.