Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripz View Post
    From a DK thread.
    Nice, thx mate good stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah no, fuck tanks in PvP. Why they're trying to force this shit on us is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Yeah no, fuck tanks in PvP. Why they're trying to force this shit on us is beyond me.
    Probably because it's a playable spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanks should at least be viable in Rated Battlegrounds and with Burst of speed gone i think they will be back in them as Flag Carriers. If this helps to spread the comps to a bigger variety i gladly take Tanks anytime in rated PvP.

Less Rotcomps plx plx

U have to remeber that they have added alot of knobs in Legion to turn, so u can actualy really eazy tune a tank to become a dps in legion as soon as they enter PVP, they can make it so u lose alot of stamina and gain e bunch of Bonus armor for example, then u take a bit of reduced damage and make a bit more dps, but u wont be runing around beein unkillable.

then u can PVP as a tank with all abilitys u have but be treated like a dps for example. It will be no where near TBC and Cata

There where a tweet about this a while back.

I Think this will be nice, with the addition of the Pvp talents and the artifact u can actualy get a pritty decent experience,
    for example: All taunts in game now also increase damage taken on the target by 20% for 6 sec.

/Henrik

Deleted
    I hope not, tanks are obnoxious and annoying to play against, especially as a melee class

keep them out

Put it in game -> take it back out -> put it back in game etc.

It's been ten years guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    African Turtle Cleave in wrath
    Hahaha, thank you for reminding me these retarded comp names from WotLK.

On topic, no matter what they do with PvP, it won't be worse than it is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

we have seen prot pallies healing, prot pallies raping, african turtle cleave, and tons of other shit over the years...Blizzard loves to fuck around with major changes, so my advice, as someone who has been in this game from season 1 - play your main during the season and just roll an alt OPness to stroke your Pness.

I only main Prot Warrior in PvP. Always have and always will. I am really excited about Tanks getting some representation and filling roles of control and fitting into team play in Legion. I love that I get an Aoe root in thunderclap. Taunt is being reworked and I am getting big chunky shield slams again. I have been 2k in 2's and 3's in WoD as Prot and look forward to filling an even better role come time in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbomb View Post
    I only main Prot Warrior in PvP. Always have and always will. I am really excited about Tanks getting some representation and filling roles of control and fitting into team play in Legion. I love that I get an Aoe root in thunderclap. Taunt is being reworked and I am getting big chunky shield slams again. I have been 2k in 2's and 3's in WoD as Prot and look forward to filling an even better role come time in Legion.
    Personally I kinda dislike idea of tanks being viable in arena to be honest (3x tanks in WoD s1 at 2700kcr) ; RBG however is totally different story, I think blizzard should bring tanks back for FCing.
    As far as Blizzard will be able to balance tanks with new pvp talent trees + stats i dont see any issues, but blizzard proved it over and over again their inability to balance unconventional specs like Prot, they make it either very OP or below average.

I welcome this. The fact that they are ditching glad has annoyed many fans of the spec. Including pvp players like myself.

Still been able to rock out with a shield and sword in pvp, and not be useless is a good thing

The issue is not that they want to see tanks back in rated its that they define fun for tanks as doing damage! I played back then and recall what Blizzard said in blue posts, they believed that tanks need to do damage but a bit less than pure DPS classes!

To me tanks in PvP are a great idea as TANKS not damage dealers..So Taunt would reduce damage done to all but tank, high amount of control and interrupts and the ability to share damage with a single target ... NOT BURST OR SUSTAINED!!

Today as a tank in PvP the mindset is very close to a DPS mind set:

Do damage while peeling for the caster!

I'd like to see tank PvP mindset completely move over to:

Soak up damage and reduce damage as much as possible to team mates!

Today on live as it stands shield slam (for a damage optimized prot warrior) does 8xk - 2xxk !

Last edited by Cempa; 2015-12-28 at 05:41 AM.

they won't be able to balance it and will leave it broken

I could like the idea if Blizz at some point proved they could balance PvP. But after all these years, I've seen far too many unbalanced pvp issues to like the idea of adding another variable to the mess it is today's PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Insofin View Post
    Today on live as it stands shield slam (for a damage optimized prot warrior) does 8xk - 2xxk !
    ive never seen 200k on my prot in pvp. Even with zerker buff lol - Glad stance however yes its possible. ( avatar 20% + interrupt glyph 6% + Heavy repercussions 30% + Glad stance 5% bonus damage )

We do still do less single target dps than most classes, as a tank. But lots of aoe bleeds with thunderclap.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    The issue is not that they want to see tanks back in rated its that they define fun for tanks as doing damage! I played back then and recall what Blizzard said in blue posts, they believed that tanks need to do damage but a bit less than pure DPS classes!

To me tanks in PvP are a great idea as TANKS not damage dealers..So Taunt would reduce damage done to all but tank, high amount of control and interrupts and the ability to share damage with a single target ... NOT BURST OR SUSTAINED!!

Today as a tank in PvP the mindset is very close to a DPS mind set:

Do damage while peeling for the caster!

I'd like to see tank PvP mindset completely move over to:

Soak up damage and reduce damage as much as possible to team mates!

I appreciate you linking my Video however I was doing those Shield Slams as Dps not Prot. Gladiator Stance is a pure Dps spec. that doesn't even have access to Defensive stance like Arms/Fury.

But it was so fun destroying stupid casters with spell reflect...

I just feel Prot and Tanks should be in a major role like WotLK. There should be some fear like hey there is a Tank over there. He has control and chuncky damage do I attack it? Ehhh maybe not.

Tanks should be providing pressure. That is part of their role. While also controlling the other team via stuns and slows. Bring back concussion blow, revenge stun.

Quote Originally Posted by crazymack View Post
    Remember that legendary effects don't activate in PVP.
    Also this time around they have a whole PVP stats they can tweak with.
    Stats, no.
    But the artifact will continue to have its other effects so the relics/artifact level are still going to have an impact.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.