Thread: Blood Addons

10+ Year Old Account

Blood Addons

Hey everyone,

Currently setting my blood DK as my main, but I need some sweet addons to keep me going. I am looking for something very light and effective.
    I found this video on youtube and really loved the way he got it set up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgZ-Xn5PKSY

Do you guys know which addons he uses, or/and what others I could use? Anything lightweight goes really.

To be a bit more specific, I want a bit bigger bars than grid, but want smaller than xperl/zperl etc.

Thanks for all help in advance!

Edit: Ended up with https://gyazo.com/1399b676d68742960374eb4b0ded9371 - still taking suggestions though!
    Last edited by Seiken3; 2015-12-23 at 10:22 AM.

Deleted
    I use Blood Shield Tracker and Compact Runes. Both simple and effective, plus a simple Weakauras bar for runic power.

Make sure to capitalize on the customizability of the addons I can see you are already using so you don't clutter your screen. Make sure you can see boss timers and maybe external cool downs that are available and that you can ask for.

Deleted
    wooo man, ur UI is such a mess so unclear

- Map in the middle where tracking debuffs/buffs should be
    - Target is middle/top of the screen and his nameplate bottom right.
    - Sides of the screen are empty, and they arent that important (most ppl have raid frames/skada/map/dbm warnings there)
    - About Skada, much better than Recount
    - Most important part of screen = middle - should be clean, and visible
    - No Focus nameplate (or i cant see in this mess) which is very important for tanking (focus boss for example, so u can see what he is casting/who is he targeting, when u are on other target like add)

Maybe not directly about addons, but this should help u, just dont be angry, im not hating, just pointing out what could possibly decrease your efficiency

Here one of best tanks in the world UI + Addons
    http://slootbag.com/ui/

There was some guide how to set things on ur screen to help urself, by Sparkuggz i think (??) but cant find it.. :<

Addons that I am recommending (for everyone, not only tanks)

- Skada
    - TellMeWhen (can also set Runes and RunicPower)
    - Tidy Plates (quatre theme personally)
    - DBM

Noncombat addons

- AutoTurnIn
    - BankItems
    - Cross Realm Assist
    - Friend Groups
    - Postal

- Garrison Mission Manager
    - Master Plan

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohh, very nice Evil! I will be sure to check this out!

I am always open for constructive feedback, so I won't rage over getting what I'm asking for!

By the way, the boss' nameplate is which you can see middle top is the hovering one (just like your own if you press shift+v)

I gotta agree that the picture kinda is very messy - though, it's as messy as it gets really. It's very clean outside combat, but the transition is a bit of a "shock". Already got tidyplates and dbm. I'm using recount as well, but I don't mind going for skada if its more lightweight(probably should've checked it out already).

Cheers!

OP I tried a ton of preset Addon + UI packs, and in my experience there is always going to be something you don't like. What I suggest is finding a day off, download a fresh install of ElvUI and go through all of its settings. It takes a few hours to set up (if you're fussy like me), but in the end it will be worth it because it will be a UI that is set exactly how YOU prefer it, not how some other player prefers it. Also, next time try posting in the Interface & Macros sections of the forum, I realise you wanted a Blood DK UI, but you'll get a lot more help in that section of the forum when it comes to interfaces.

Also, this is something I always suggest to players who are looking for a UI. Browse this stickied thread in the Interface forums here -> http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...our-UI/page901

It has over 900 pages of player UIs and you can get some really great ideas when it comes to setting up your own UI by seeing how others made theirs.