Poll: Wich expansion had the best introduction zones?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Borean Tundra gets too much hate. I like the wide open landscapes. Gives it a realer feel.
    The problem with Borean Tundra was not the scenery itself, but rather the number of quests and the bottlenecks created by some of them. Then again, I did Fjord + Tundra on all my characters, and by the end of expansion, you could reach 77 in that way and go straight to Scholazar.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

WotLK. I loved Boring Tundra and Fjord. The scenery, music, story and everything else were awesome. Crossing the massive bridges across those giant gaps in Fjord was pretty cool too.

For second place? Probably Cataclysm and Vash'jir. I really loved how large the place felt and of course it being unique as it is. I don't think we've seen a WoW zone with a large scale since the Cata days. Think Uldum, Storm Peaks. Just flying around and everything is gigantic. I really miss the sense of scale that certain zones in previous expansions had. Every zone in WoD to me just feels small and contained. MoP was a bit of both.

Deleted
    Hellfire, I shat bricks when I walked through the portal....

7+ Year Old Account
    I only started in WotLK so I can't judge TBC, but for me it's got to be Jade Forest - I loved everything about that zone.

Howling Fjord is still one of my favorite regions ever played in WoW. The one-two punch of Howling Fjord and Grizzly Hills is sublime.

MoP is very close behind, with the beautiful design of Jade Forest, Valley of the Four Winds, Kun-Lai Summit (my personal favorite), and the Vale of Eternal Blossoms (before Garrosh fucked it up).