Deleted

Annonymous declares cyber-war on Turkey for supporting ISIS

Source: http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/ano...&NewsCatID=352

Yeah i know that this is n-th war declared by them and i don't remember anything that came up from previous ones. To me they are hacktivists not hackers but still...does it mean that Turkey supporting ISIS is confirmed info?

10+ Year Old Account
    Annon is at war with soooo many groups now

Good for them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    does it mean that Turkey supporting ISIS is confirmed info?
    This has been pretty apparent for a while now. Erdogan would be openly cheering for ISIS (or Daesh, that seems to be a popular word now, for some reason) if it didn't cost him his ugly head.

(or Daesh, that seems to be a popular word now, for some reason)
    ISIS came out and said they hated that word being used by other people, so much so that they threatened to cut the tongue out of anyone using it. So now we use it, because we know it pisses them off.

http://www.tpnn.com/2015/11/18/isis-...g-daesh-heres/

And on that day, not a single fcuk was given.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    ISIS came out and said they hated that word being used by other people, so much so that they threatened to cut the tongue out of anyone using it. So now we use it, because we know it pisses them off.

http://www.tpnn.com/2015/11/18/isis-...g-daesh-heres/
    Thats a propaganda lie.
    The reason is that the gulfstates hate the name ISIL because it has Islam in it.

By calling it daesh you whitewash Islam out of it because the Saudis and co hate the name ISIS.

So more posturing with out actually DOING anything? Cool.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Man, those three Tandy's are in trouble
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

It's going to be interesting one day when people finally figure out who anonymous is. It's good they're actually fighting people who are an actual threat now though. ISIS I mean.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    Source: http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/ano...&NewsCatID=352

Yeah i know that this is n-th war declared by them and i don't remember anything that came up from previous ones. To me they are hacktivists not hackers but still...does it mean that Turkey supporting ISIS is confirmed info?
    People still have trouble understanding what Anonymous is. They're not even a group, the first 2 words of the article ("Hacking collective") shows they don't know what it is. The name fits actually well, it's just random anonymous people, with no organization, no leadership, no agenda, only some common ways to communicate (and even these are not well defined). No one can decide "Anonymous declares war on xxx". Someone can try to start it, people will, or will not, follow... or sometimes will even go in the complete opposite direction because enough people totally disagree with those trying to start an action.

I have almost never seen any good news on anything related to Anonymous, except a few, and only about past actions.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    It's going to be interesting one day when people finally figure out who anonymous is. It's good they're actually fighting people who are an actual threat now though. ISIS I mean.
    This will never happen, because see above
    Oh, hi.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    (or Daesh, that seems to be a popular word now, for some reason)
    A short google shows that it is an acronym for the Arabic Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) but it's similar to a word that would be basically calling them the bad guys (which clearly they don't think they are) so they don't like being called it.

So call them it.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    People still have trouble understanding what Anonymous is. They're not even a group, the first 2 words of the article ("Hacking collective") shows they don't know what it is. The name fits actually well, it's just random anonymous people, with no organization, no leadership, no agenda, only some common ways to communicate (and even these are not well defined). No one can decide "Anonymous declares war on xxx". Someone can try to start it, people will, or will not, follow... or sometimes will even go in the complete opposite direction because enough people totally disagree with those trying to start an action.

I have almost never seen any good news on anything related to Anonymous, except a few, and only about past actions.

This will never happen, because see above
    Somebody is doing it though. One day people will find out who.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Somebody is doing it though. One day people will find out who.
    Random people from random countries trying to start random things. It's not like one person does it all the time.

That's why we see lots of news about Anonymous declaring something and then... nothing happens. Because it's just someone who tried something, then the media somewhat got hold of this and published it as a breaking news. While it can actually be, and often is, any random teenager with a cam and a mask trying (and failing) to start something.
    Oh, hi.

Deleted
    Remember back when they did something?
    Something something church? Do i remember it right?

So what are they gonna do? Post the names and address of ISIS members ?

The only thing Anon can do is target some famous enough westerner who maybe said that they kinda see where Isis is coming from. Then That persons career will end and Isis will remain.

GG anon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Random people from random countries trying to start random things. It's not like one person does it all the time.

That's why we see lots of news about Anonymous declaring something and then... nothing happens. Because it's just someone who tried something, then the media somewhat got hold of this and published it as a breaking news. While it can actually be, and often is, any random teenager with a cam and a mask trying (and failing) to start something.
    Evidently they DDoS'ed Turkey last week, it did so much damage that we're only hearing about it now though.......

http://www.scmagazine.com/anonymous-...rticle/461041/

It's convenient some of there targets are hated groups so now they get a bunch of publicity, but what they accomplish is next to nothing. They targeted Trump last week and brought down the Trump tower website, too bad the backup from the server kicked in so there was 0 downtime and all they could do was say hey we succeeded, look its a backup, we win.

Now they're siding with people trying to DDoS gaming networks too, saying the game companies are to blame, that they should know people will DDoS them. They're also trying to preach that it's okay to DDoS all day on Christmas from your PC, but playing games that day is bad.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/anonymo...threat-3431230

I'm just sick of hearing about them, maybe if the media ignored them these trolls would go away.
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2015-12-23 at 10:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post

It's convenient some of there targets are hated groups so now they get a bunch of publicity, but what they accomplish is next to nothing.
    Disrupting communications networks is not "nothing". You might add that no one is really doing "anything" much about ISIS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Disrupting communications networks is not "nothing". You might add that no one is really doing "anything" much about ISIS.
    Russia crushed the oil smuggle empire in syria/iraq in the last 4 month.

dont they declare war on someone every week now? maybe they should actually do something instead of sitting on their fat asses typing away with those dorito stained fingers about how theyre changing the world.