Thread: WoW in Unity 5

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Looks so good - wish blizzard to give wow a new engine - but I know that it is never going to happen.

Looks like Overwatch style graphics

Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    Looks nice but...

Now add at least 100 players there and it would drop to 0.0001 FPS. Great useless work.
    Oh no, I mean, I just mentioned it because I was gonna leave an executable here, but I can get it to run at 60 easily, it's just going to take a long time to do with with my laptop's processor, grant me a server where I can bake all the lightmaps into the textures without it taking ages and it'll run at 60. Just something I haven't gotten around yet.

Video coming soon tho + more scenes

10+ Year Old Account
    Why can't wow look this good? I mean I understand there's limits that are possible in a large MMO, but omg that looks amazing compared to normal.

I saved all of them so my desktop can shuffle through them, it looks amazing!

it looks okay.. the lighting is better.. the only complaint is the reuse of models without updating them. unity 5 and unreal engine 4 are capable of much better models now. still thanks for the effort enjoyed seeing it.

That looks cool, I really wish I can work around with these engines but it always seems to difficult to even start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullerick View Post
    Lol wtf is your problem
    He's being edgy.

Quote Originally Posted by KaNNis View Post

I love it, it's absolutely gorgeous, brilliant, fantastic!!! If only WoW was like that...IF ONLY!
    Last edited by elendil; 2015-12-24 at 06:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    looks beautiful.

Formerly known as Arafal

Absolutely amazing. Great job.

Are you using box colliders or mesh colliders for dalaran?

Fuck that looks so cool. Dalaran feels like it has more of an atmosphere. I really wish the city looked like that at night.

Looks neat.

BUT

It is never going to happen. WoW will still run on the same, disgustingly old engine that caters to toaster computers even in 10 years.

Hell, toaster computers may even be better than the minimum requirement for WoW in 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmoz View Post
    Unfortunately we'll never see stuff this cool in wow. There's too many cry babies that'll whine about it somehow affecting their game play.
    Or until i5's come standard in every budget walmart pc, and i7's are mid-range.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    Or until i5's come standard in every budget walmart pc, and i7's are mid-range.
    More than that, cheap PCs would need to start coming with decent graphics cards. As it is now, the graphics capabilities on cheap PCs are far, far weaker than their CPUs are.

Looks nice but...

Now add at least 100 players there and it would drop to 0.0001 FPS. Great useless work.
    You could kill everyone born in the '90s with all that edge.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You did an amazing job capturing WoW's distinctive cartooney artstyle while upgrading it into a modern engine.

Way better than the Elwynn Forest project.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

great work. looks fantastic.

to the people going on about "wow will never look like this cause of toaster computers" i guarantee your pcs cant handle this. especially if it was scaled up to WoW's size. This kind of graphics, handling thousands of players would pretty much break any pc under $5k.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Looks nice but...

You are clearly a miserable person. Handle your own issues; don't hurl them at others.

Great work OP.