Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Corrupt Oligarch and one of the richest men in the world, suspected on a whole bunch of financial crimes and organizing a murder, and served multiple sentences.

Turned "good guy" in 2013/2014, while still somehow doubling his fortune in those years.

I'm going to take the "prosecuted martyr" story with a big pinch of salt.
    Just imagine one thief to the others saying hey folks shouldn't we do a bit less thievery....

You can steal billions of dollars, organize murders etc. Just don't forget to call Putin a "bad guy" from time to time, and you'll be praised by western media

Deleted
    Feels like people using the "putin critic" card seem to increase whenever it's their time to pay for the crimes they've done. You can critical against putin but it's kinda funny that i always seem to happen right before they have to flee because of their own corruption.

If he'd been a critic for years i would probably be another story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I don't know these "rules" you are talking about, but he was definitely either incompetent enough to not prepare measures to be safe after whistleblowing (which is highly unlikely for a businessman who works in corrupt field (aka oil industry)), or he pissed off people by being too greedy, or whatever other reasons could be.

Every system is corrupt, it's very naive to think that it isn't. You will be surprised how often people in charge of things sign up papers while not even reading what is written in them, which is, basically, first step of corruption ladder.

It just baffles me, when someone who is not worth billions of dollars is caught with bribes or other corruption-related crimes - they get jailed, but this guy is some sort of a martyr
    That's because western oil-companies tried to buy his shit, that he stole from Russia, that's why western media white-wash that criminal thieving murdering oligarch SoB...