back after 6 months, Spriest pve blow compare...

Hey, i wanted make a post about pve Spriest because i think we are lacking something, trouble with things as well, so im pretty geared mythic for now, at around 732 IL http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...8sviril/simple

im playing with of course the Row + cop... here the most problem i see with Spriest atm

1- if you are forced to move right after your devoring plague you lose your stacking buff with the Row trinket.
    2-you are really not so bad at ST, true but only at substain damage
    3- COP stack extremely bad with bloodlust its ridiculous, i dunno but all i can say is we stack badly with lust
    4- we have no big cooldown burst, and we depend lot on the 5 orbs at the start of each fight to a a slight dps increase at start. which we cant have anymore after 1 wipe, its so ANNOYING i cant UNDERSTAND blizzard never did something about it, its a extremely bad design, i dont know any other class saying this except Spriest..
    5-AS is became useless, during other dps increase lot with gear, we were doing less with AS because adds down so quick that as is ridiculous now, but for doing job i feel Spriest blow with Row trinket..
    6-our AoE suck compare to pretty any other class, honestly, i dont think people will complain about this, we are terrible at aoe stacking...

p.s honestly i played Spriest all during BRF Mythic and they were really in better position that this, i never felt so much useless with Spriest that right now this tier, its so much ridiculous that i think may be leave.... may be because im at 732 IL and my teamate 743 with 795 ring and me 738? dunno but right now i felt useless

i know im missing may be some key piece and higher IL, but right now to be everytime last dps or 13-14th at best like damn i blow or what

will show log later and yeah during doing job i made some mistake to keep up the uptime of my debuff, like at fel lord, but just check my dps compare to other is like a big joke.. and i know im not a new player, its frustating

sorry about my bad english, im a french player

1 - In order to prevent that, refresh your debuff with MF/Insanity before you have to move. Stutterstep casting is also very useful for this.
    2 - I'm not sure what you mean by sustain damage, we're quite good at that as well.
    3 - Bloodlust makes CoP awkward, best thing you can do is just keep MB on CD, keep debuff up and SW: D when you can. Rotate between these 3 ( or MS>SW: D if you have super high mastery) and you'll clip insanity a lot, but its ok.
    4 - You can just walk out the front door of HFC and go hit a mob with Glyph of Mind Harvest to get 3 orbs. 3 orb pull is better than a no orb pull and takes apporximately 7-10 seconds to do depending on your loading screen times.
    5 - It really depends on the comp of your raid. If adds are dying before you can do anything to them outside of a cascade, then just stay on boss and play CoP for everything. Only fight I still play AS on is Mannoroth as there is a lot of movement and my raid relies on me to deal with the infernals at a decent pace.
    6 - Our AoE is terrible, pretty much after Cascade/Halo we're weaker than a wet noodle.

The ilvl difference between you two is huge, especially with the ring, it could be the distribution of secondary stats as well. The other spriest in my guild prefers AS and has all the gems/enchants for it while I mainly focus on CoP but have a decent AS set still. We do similar DPS but he pulls ahead on mannoroth just cause he has better itemized gear for it.

Would love to see a log and see if I can give you some more tips.

Don't worry about being french, MMOC is an international site and we accept all languages, however most of us primarily speak english.

Not sure what you're doing wrong, but Spriests are much better now then they were in BRF. I've seen full mythic geared Spriests pulling 100k sustained.
    In a world of deceit, open your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    1 - In order to prevent that, refresh your debuff with MF/Insanity before you have to move. Stutterstep casting is also very useful for this.
    2 - I'm not sure what you mean by sustain damage, we're quite good at that as well.
    3 - Bloodlust makes CoP awkward, best thing you can do is just keep MB on CD, keep debuff up and SW: D when you can. Rotate between these 3 ( or MS>SW: D if you have super high mastery) and you'll clip insanity a lot, but its ok.
    4 - You can just walk out the front door of HFC and go hit a mob with Glyph of Mind Harvest to get 3 orbs. 3 orb pull is better than a no orb pull and takes apporximately 7-10 seconds to do depending on your loading screen times.
    5 - It really depends on the comp of your raid. If adds are dying before you can do anything to them outside of a cascade, then just stay on boss and play CoP for everything. Only fight I still play AS on is Mannoroth as there is a lot of movement and my raid relies on me to deal with the infernals at a decent pace.
    6 - Our AoE is terrible, pretty much after Cascade/Halo we're weaker than a wet noodle.

The ilvl difference between you two is huge, especially with the ring, it could be the distribution of secondary stats as well. The other spriest in my guild prefers AS and has all the gems/enchants for it while I mainly focus on CoP but have a decent AS set still. We do similar DPS but he pulls ahead on mannoroth just cause he has better itemized gear for it.

Would love to see a log and see if I can give you some more tips.

Don't worry about being french, MMOC is an international site and we accept all languages, however most of us primarily speak english.
    ty for your reply, but yeah even with 5 orbs spriest is probably the weaker opener class/spec with bloodlust, when no bloodlust we do better honestly, and for my first question we dont know everytime when we are going to move, it can happen when you have debuff its it affect random player(like the debuff from council i got 3 time and forced to move 3 time really far, affected my dps lot), so you are in the crap, and i have finaly log for you

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Quote Originally Posted by ruggleee View Post
    ty for your reply, but yeah even with 5 orbs spriest is probably the weaker opener class/spec with bloodlust, when no bloodlust we do better honestly, and for my first question we dont know everytime when we are going to move, it can happen when you have debuff its it affect random player(like the debuff from council i got 3 time and forced to move 3 time really far, affected my dps lot), so you are in the crap, and i have finaly log for you

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    There is zero random movement in HFC. For reap just watch your boss timers and plan accordingly for your movement. Looking at your logs now, will edit when i'm done.

Iron Reaver: Good on mind blasts, you should make a macro for your shadowfiend to attack your target. This way you can spam it and your shadowfiend will keep attacking your intended target even if you swap targets. UGoS is basically useless here. You also missed a couple cascade opportunities with the bombs, you didn't use it on the first set which is a minor DPS loss overall. Ggreat uptime on RoW here. My logs for comparison.

Council: Looks good on mind blasts, you delayed shadowfiend around the 02:30 mark for some reason. UGoS can be good here, but once you're down to just Dia it loses it's value and DSI moves ahead. Damage looks decent here, however I wouldn't use SW: D as your mind spike is hitting harder. You had 91.76% uptime on RoW. Look at where it dropped, you could have anticipated your movement better with reap as you let it drop and put it right back up as you just missed the refresh by fractions of a second. The uptime for RoW on this fight will be a little skewed since you burn down the targets 1 by 1 and you'll always have a little gap whenever you swap. My logs for comparison.

Soc: You missed a couple of mind blasts, 1-2 give or take your haste. Note entirely sure why you're running UGoS on this fight, if you have DSI I would use it instead. You could possibly get more ToF uptime by just tossing a SW: P on a target that's at ~40% health. You delayed shadowfiend by a couple of seconds overall, you didn't miss a shadowfiend due to it, but it should be basically cast on CD. On this fight you can use SW: D in place of SW: P to game ToF on off targets until the boss is <35% and you can just focus on him. You also only had 86.57% uptime on RoW. Ideally you should aim for 95%+My logs for comparison

Fel Lord: Good on MB's, don't cast SW: D you mind spike is hitting almost 4k harder. You also had crap RNG on void trinket, not your fault and just nature of the beast. 95.17% uptime on RoW was good, there was a gap in the middle where you were soaking a pillar. I think you were delaying refreshing until you could get Insanity out, in that situation you should just cast mind flay to keep the debuff rolling. My logs for comparison, zoomed into before I died.
    Last edited by Djriff; 2015-12-24 at 05:34 AM.

Deleted
    I only watched zakuun. On such a short fight with bl on pull, you want to maximize the mastery on your gear. You may think of changing your enchants to mastery and get the hm/mm head from archimonde+ the hm/mm t18 from gorefiend.
    Keep in mind, most people in your raid have way more gear than you do. Also, your ring ilvl is keeping you down. If you had the 795 ilvl ring, you would gain 30% dps during ring (you have a 59% increase you would have a 107% increase). If you ignore the 20 first seconds, you are 6th dps!
    Concerning your dps, I think you played ok.
    Though, you are missing some insanity ticks after your DP. For instance during ring, you only got 3 ticks (you started without orbs obviously but you could still have got 6 ticks). You should not be using MB followed by DP+ you often cut your insanity early.
    I agree with you, bloodlust is not as good for us as it is for most dd (all the more since I'm a troll...) but keep in mind, it allows us to have a very long twist of fate uptime (50% on your kill). Also, you are always using both SWD on CD. I don't have a precise rotation but the situation has changed from what it was in brf. It's not top priority anymore. SWD damage is quite bad. You are using it to get orbs to maximize insanity uptime after.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    There is zero random movement in HFC. For reap just watch your boss timers and plan accordingly for your movement. Looking at your logs now, will edit when i'm done.

Iron Reaver: Good on mind blasts, you should make a macro for your shadowfiend to attack your target. This way you can spam it and your shadowfiend will keep attacking your intended target even if you swap targets. UGoS is basically useless here. You also missed a couple cascade opportunities with the bombs, you didn't use it on the first set which is a minor DPS loss overall. Ggreat uptime on RoW here.

Council: Looks good on mind blasts, you delayed shadowfiend around the 02:30 mark for some reason. UGoS can be good here, but once you're down to just Dia it loses it's value and DSI moves ahead. Damage looks decent here, however I wouldn't use SW: D as your mind spike is hitting harder. You had 91.76% uptime on RoW. Look at where it dropped, you could have anticipated your movement better with reap as you let it drop and put it right back up as you just missed the refresh by fractions of a second. The uptime for RoW on this fight will be a little skewed since you burn down the targets 1 by 1 and you'll always have a little gap whenever you swap.

Soc: You missed a couple of mind blasts, 1-2 give or take your haste. Note entirely sure why you're running UGoS on this fight, if you have DSI I would use it instead. You could possibly get more ToF uptime by just tossing a SW: P on a target that's at ~40% health. You delayed shadowfiend by a couple of seconds overall, you didn't miss a shadowfiend due to it, but it should be basically cast on CD. On this fight you can use SW: D in place of SW: P to game ToF on off targets until the boss is <35% and you can just focus on him. You also only had 86.57% uptime on RoW. Ideally you should aim for 95%+

Fel Lord: Good on MB's, don't cast SW: D you mind spike is hitting almost 4k harder. You also had crap RNG on void trinket, not your fault and just nature of the beast. 95.17% uptime on RoW was good, there was a gap in the middle where you were soaking a pillar. I think you were delaying refreshing until you could get Insanity out, in that situation you should just cast mind flay to keep the debuff rolling.
    on soc its normal to have a good downtime for the debuff, when dominion is coming, the boss become invulnerable, making losing your stacking debuff, so i have no choice to be lower that other fights, and even with all these good advice, im not going to sky rocket not even at the middle dps chart, if my dps gain 5-10k at top!!!!! it will be really good, when people are already going 50-60k more that me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GGA1759 View Post
    Not sure what you're doing wrong, but Spriests are much better now then they were in BRF. I've seen full mythic geared Spriests pulling 100k sustained.
    How can you say that? Thats nonsense.
    There was no crazy legendary ring in BRF, and ring overall is a bigger buff to other classes with strong CDs than us, so in the end it is a nerf for us.
    Also, BRF had several fights that were really SP friendly (darmac, ore, furnace, hans, maidens, to a point even kromog and BH, basically 60+% bosses) while HFC has a lot less designed exactly to be good for us.

Anyone who checked charts of wclogs few months after BRF opened, and months after HFC opened, knows that we were in a much better position in BRF.

PS You realize your statement is useless, right? I can pull 100k sustained dmg as well, the problem is that arcane mages, hunters, balance druids, rogues, locks, warriors, are above. High row dps doesnt make a class great, in a raid you always have to compare to how you do vs others, and if others are above you, thats all that matters. I havent switched guild since start of WOD, I was pretty much in the top spots during hc/mythic brf, I ended up lower during hc hfc and much lower in mythic hfc. So either my guildies became all better at playing, or I became worse, or maybe (like wclogs charts prove) it's the SP that became worse.
    Last edited by mmoca542e793be; 2015-12-24 at 06:58 AM.

Shadow priests have always been a tier 2 DPS class, the only difference is that we were gods gift to healers during BC and parts of WoTLK.

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    How can you say that? Thats nonsense.
    There was no crazy legendary ring in BRF, and ring overall is a bigger buff to other classes with strong CDs than us, so in the end it is a nerf for us.
    Also, BRF had several fights that were really SP friendly (darmac, ore, furnace, hans, maidens, to a point even kromog and BH, basically 60+% bosses) while HFC has a lot less designed exactly to be good for us.

Anyone who checked charts of wclogs few months after BRF opened, and months after HFC opened, knows that we were in a much better position in BRF.

PS You realize your statement is useless, right? I can pull 100k sustained dmg as well, the problem is that arcane mages, hunters, balance druids, rogues, locks, warriors, are above. High row dps doesnt make a class great, in a raid you always have to compare to how you do vs others, and if others are above you, thats all that matters. I havent switched guild since start of WOD, I was pretty much in the top spots during hc/mythic brf, I ended up lower during hc hfc and much lower in mythic hfc. So either my guildies became all better at playing, or I became worse, or maybe (like wclogs charts prove) it's the SP that became worse.
    10000% AGREE, you resumed EXACTLY what im thniking about right now, cant do it better, yeah of course check my log im able to do 100k substain damage, but check others....

also during bloodlust with row 35% haste spec is like im at 0.88sec casting time for mind spike, gettint it awkward, honestly i cant describe how play spriest is deceiving, you can may BE do middle chart with THE BEST GEAR needed to play row
    Last edited by ruggleee; 2015-12-24 at 03:23 PM.