Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I am glad about sanctions for Poland.

Yesterday i watched news and i heard, that if current our president Andrzej Duda and goverment from political group known as Prawo i Sprawiedliwość, will keep this course what they doing. Is possible sanctions for Poland.

I am so excited! Why? Let's be clear... I am against current president and goverment, because ten years ago they made an mess, what was cleared. But now it's situation even worse.

Poland is slowly getting the road, what we see in Russia with Vladimir Putin. I have nothing against Russians, not my buisness. But Poland is my buisness sadly.

Deleted
    What did poland do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    What did poland do?
    It's an huge mess with our constitution laws right now. If things will go right that right now. Poland will become an second Russia, where only one person will be permitted to rule. There is demonstrations in Poland by opposition, and by people. But none results.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard Poland was being more strict with migrants, which is very smart..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    What did poland do?
    Nothing. Comparing Poland to Russia is ridiculous. Our disgraced previous ruling party can't live losing both the presidential elections and the parliamentary elections, so it tried to take over The Constitutional Tribunal, which is a polish constitutional court. That failed, but it exposed the head of CT as not the independent judge he is supposed to be. Now the current ruling party pushes the law, which will return CT to its role a court, and the opposition and a lot of the polish elites claim it is unconstitutional. We have a severe crisis concerning this matter, but this is far from Poland becoming an authoritarian regime, which is how the opposition tries to paint it.

Deleted
    I heard about the NATO guy refusing a letter of dismissal and having to get removed later by force.

They always left the letter out and pretend they did some coup.

Deleted
    They got a right wing populist goverment after the last vote, and those guys are starting to replace democracy by a dictatorship. They made their constitutional court useless, and replace military, judicative and legislative leaders with their own people.

It's the same that already happened in hungary with orban, it is the same shit with other asshats who destroy democracy. The leader of the fascist party in poland had a family drama when his brother died, and now he acts like a douchebag after that incident. He created a conspiracy theory that "polands enemies" killed his brother.

It is always people with psychological issues that want to remove democracy.

That happens if people vote for populists. Learn from it, america.. and dont vote for people like Trump.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2015-12-24 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krixooks View Post
    It's not really. It's indescribably ironic. Polish migrant workers have benefited from the access to European labor markets for decades. While Poland has seen no major rise in immigration they are preemptively passing blatantly paranoid and authoritarian laws to prevent the "filthy" non-Christians getting anywhere near Poland 'cuz they don't have welfare for all those migrants.

I always had a tremendous respect for Poland and the Polish people, but this time around I can't help but having them pegged as a bunch of hypocritical assholes.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    They got a right wing populist goverment after the last vote, and those guys are starting to replace democracy by a dictatorship. They made their constitutional court useless, and replace military, judicative and legislative leaders with their own people.

It's the same that already happened in hungary with orban, it is the same shit with other asshats who destroy democracy. The leader of the fascist party in poland had a family drama when his brother died, and now he acts like a douchebag after that incident. He created a conspiracy theory that "polands enemies" killed his brother.

That happens if people vote for populists. Learn from it, america.. and dont vote for people like Trump.
    Similar thing is happening in Brazil, the difference is that the ruling party is left wing.
    And happened in Venezuela too.

Sometimes i think the world is giving up on democracy

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    It's not really. It's indescribably ironic. Polish migrant workers have benefited from the access to European labor markets for decades. While Poland has seen no major rise in immigration they are preemptively passing blatantly paranoid and authoritarian laws to prevent the "filthy" non-Christians getting anywhere near Poland[B] 'cuz they don't have welfare for all those migrants.
    Actually, most Poles have no problem with immigrants from Ukraine, Asia or other European countries. It's only muslim immigrants that are the problem. Partially because of the terrorism issue, but also because muslim immigrants tend to cause problems and do not assimilate, as can be seen in Germany. That's also one of the reasons current government won the election - previous government was about to accept EU's rulings that every EU country MUST accept specified number of immigrants. Current government used some fear mongering to paint all immigrants as terrorists and fuel hatred against muslims, effectively taking away voters from our previous government.

It even reached the point where a part of catholics in Poland is calling current pope a traitor, mason and undercover muslim, because he publicly said that Europe should accept the immigrants.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post

Learn from the events that followed after a mustached Austrian corporal got democratically elected into office as well. Being democratically elected doesn't mean you can now undo democracy or reduce it to a level that it's indistinguishable from an authoritarian regime. No matter how much you hate the evil, nation-destroying minority you elected to get out of your country.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krixooks View Post
    Despite the fact that Poland is fine with shipping thousands of Migrants to Britain 24/7...

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    It's an huge mess with our constitution laws right now. If things will go right that right now. Poland will become an second Russia, where only one person will be permitted to rule. There is demonstrations in Poland by opposition, and by people. But none results.
    It's not a huge mess with our constitutional laws. I'm ashamed to share the same country with you. To be so blind and easily manipulated is fucking cringeworthy. You're whining about PiS (Prawo i Sprawiedliwość) replacing the judges from the Tribunal of the Constitution yet you have so easily forgotten that PO (Platforma Obywatelska) did the same thing when they were first elected. Where were you back then? I didn't see you anywhere "protecting the democracy and constitution".

Here's the situation in Poland from a normal person's PoV - the extreme left wing party known as the Platforma Obywatelska (The Civil Platform) had ruled in Poland for 8 years and during that time they did everything they said they wouldn't do. They raised the taxes, they raised the min. age required for retirement, they screwed over small companies and people who wanted to achieve something on their own instead of being wage slaves. After 8 years they have finally lost the election a few months ago and another party called Prawo i Sprawiedliwość (Law and Justice) won.

PiS being the majority have decided to do what PO did and replace the PO-elected judges in the Tribunal of the Constitution and suddenly there's a huge outcry about PiS endangering democration and breaking our constitutional rights which is nothing but bullshit. The whole mess was started by PO, the loser party and every PO-sided, German property "free and objective media" hyenas which are on the verge of being fired.

I mean shit, the leader of the KOD (Democracy Defense Committee) is human scum. He's not even paying the (multiple) child alimonies to his first wife. The alimony case is even already being taken care of by the court bailiff. The man's a fucking joke.

Quote Originally Posted by jaycor11 View Post
    Despite the fact that Poland is fine with shipping thousands of Migrants to Britain 24/7...
    Poland is not shipping illegal immigrants to the UK who will do nothing but leech off the government, rape innocent women, kill people of different religious beliefs or cause riots to demand special laws for themselves. This isn't of course what every Syrian and other refugee does, but we've seen that happen in France, Sweden and other multi-culti countries. My countrymen go there to earn a better life by working for it. There are leeches from Poland with no doubt, but they are the vast minority of Poles in the UK. Don't be stupid, don't be uneducated.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2015-12-24 at 08:52 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    There are leeches from Poland with no doubt, but they are the vast minority of Poles in the UK. Don't be stupid, don't be uneducated.
    You know it's the vast minority of Syrians who will rape, kill and leech too right? Don't be a hypocrite.

Deleted
    and every PO-sided, German property "free and objective media"
    Oh I waited for that. If anything goes wrong in Poland it must be the germans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycor11 View Post
    The UK can learn something from Poland apparently.

Last time I was in London I could't tell if I was in London, the Balkan or Pakistan.

It's not a huge mess with our constitutional laws. I'm ashamed to share the same country with you. To be so blind and easily manipulated is fucking cringeworthy. You're whining about PiS (Prawo i Sprawiedliwość) replacing the judges from the Tribunal of the Constitution yet you have so easily forgotten that PO (Platforma Obywatelska) did the same thing when they were first elected.
    This red herring is getting annoying. As if it was forbidden to criticise current government only because previous government did something bad too. As if every critic of current government was previous government's lackey. So I'm supposed to accept everything new government does simply because previous government had its sins too. Am I the only one who finds it silly?

"PiS did this bad!"
    "Oh yeah?! And PO did that, which is bad too, so shut up!"

Picture 2 boys arguing in front of a teacher
    Last edited by procne; 2015-12-24 at 09:02 AM.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Deleted
    It's a travesty that such shit-tier country is allowed to exist in the first place tbh

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-12-24 at 04:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by johnyderp View Post
    It's a travesty that such shit-tier country is allowed to exist in the first place tbh
    Poland could always be split up between Germany and Russia I guess.

Or even better, just give it back to Russia entirely. And the rest of Eastern Europe too.
    Back in the iron curtain days we did't get so many "tourists" from those places at least.

Deleted
    the extreme left wing party known as the Platforma Obywatelska (The Civil Platform)
    wow, left wing? really?