Is there any MMO like this?

Hey

I'm looking for a MMO That's like the Game "Kingdoms of Amalur" Because I'm just in love with that Combat system and the Huge world to explore, and wondering if there is an MMO out there like it

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Fun fact. Kingdoms of Amalur was originally intended to be an mmo. Damn them for scrapping that idea.
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    There isn't one. Swtor's music and character animation is similar but that's as close as you can get. The theme of the game is obviously completely different, as is the combat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KaziOfTheSkies View Post
    Fun fact. Kingdoms of Amalur was originally intended to be an mmo. Damn them for scrapping that idea.
    Damn Rhode island for forcing the company to shut down more like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaziOfTheSkies View Post
    Not EXACTLY right it was the precursor the MMO would have been in the far future after fate was gone and most people could use the Soul Well that revived you in Amalur(they also planned a sequel and has a few patches planned)

Sadly RI closed them down..I REALLY wantes to see the rest if the world and the mmo.

Also MASSIVE PROPS FELLOW AMALUR FAN!

10+ Year Old Account
    Guild Wars 2 is the closest I've seen. In fact, when I started playing it, the first thing I though was, "Hey, this is pretty much a Kingdom of Amalur MMO!". You can see that the developers took a lot of inspiration from Amalur, if you compare the lores, soundtracks, combat systems...

That said, GW2 combat feels a bit more static and clunky than KoaR's - but that, I think, is a shortcoming of every MMO: due to unavoidable online delay, they have to make the combat less action-based, so laggers do not have severely inferior experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Man KoA was a crappy RPG but an amazing game. The levelling and combat was just pure class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Guild Wars 2 is the closest I've seen. In fact, when I started playing it, the first thing I though was, "Hey, this is pretty much a Kingdom of Amalur MMO!". You can see that the developers took a lot of inspiration from Amalur, if you compare the lores, soundtracks, combat systems...

That said, GW2 combat feels a bit more static and clunky than KoaR's - but that, I think, is a shortcoming of every MMO: due to unavoidable online delay, they have to make the combat less action-based, so laggers do not have severely inferior experience.
    Ummmm pretty sure GW2 predates Amalur

Ok double checked but same exact year

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Ummmm pretty sure GW2 predates Amalur

Ok double checked but same exact year
    Acording to google GW2 was released on "August 28, 2012"
    and amalur "February 9, 2012"

GW2 Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild_Wars_2
    Amalur Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdo...lur:_Reckoning

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're looking for a new game, use this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Suggest-a-Game!