Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    If you don't like it, don't do it. I personally enjoy it, and find it to be the easiest way to conquest cap. I don't understand why there are some people who are so against 2s.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Blizzard had expressed their opinion that 2v2 arena was a mistake. Most hard core PvPers agree that 2v2 is inherently broken. However, Blizzard appears to believe that the cat is out of the bag and there is no going back. I speculate though that in this case ripping the bad-aid might be a benefit. What do you think? I personally believe it's ugly that that there are achievements and ratings and rewards for all to see for 2v2, inciting you to do it, but it is broken at the same time, so if it stays I'd rather see it stay only with minor rewards and feats of strength(point-less) achievements.
    Why remove it? They don't balance PvP around 2's, and I don't believe you get the good rewards in the 2's bracket. Why not let people play it if they want to? It doesn't hurt anyone or anything else...

This topic AGAIN? Like last time, don't like it don't play it. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by MattsOnlyHope View Post
    This topic AGAIN? Like last time, don't like it don't play it. Problem solved.
    100% correct.

Deleted
    I didn't say remove it only. But I get it. Most people don't go beyond the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    Why not just remove PvP altogether or return it to what it used to be (and should be): a mini-game

World of Warcraft is a PvE game. PvP (open world and battlegrounds) is something you should/could do on the side.

Get rid of arena. It's terrible for the game.
    I know this is a troll and I'm falling for it but in the rare case that it is not a troll, would you mind explaining how removing arena would help the game in any way?

It may be hard to accept but PvE is just one small aspect of the game, PvP is another, RP is another small aspect, etc. and when you combine everything you get World of Warcraft.

No offence but this game would've died at the second expansion if you were in control.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    ^FPS gaming is also not perfect PvP since after a point, after you learn everything there is, you realize it's all about ping and reflexes, so the best connection/closer to the server or the guy that has the best physical state will win, so it can become dull. RPGing can be good and it avoids that reliance on pings and reflexes with the GCD by a lot.

It might be best though on big teams. e.g. It's extremely hard to prove PvP would be imbalanced on 20 vs 20 since there the combinations can be very fluid.

But, it would be hard to lead.
    Outside of external factors, then a single-class no customisation game would be the "ideal" pvp framework.
    As soon as there are functional choices, complete balance has gone out the window.
    And the more choices there are, the worse it gets.
    WoW has too many choices in that regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oo0 View Post
    would you mind explaining how removing arena would help the game in any way?
    Removing it is not needed. They could reduce the rewards, if it's broken especially. It's important because in this game the rewards are extremely enticing, e.g. it's a different thing to do Arena because it gives Feats of Strength and different because it gives Achievement Points even if that sounds silly to some.

It's important because you can actually balance this game in pvp in large enough teams. It's hard to claim that for instance on 20 V 20 you can't truly balance it since the complexity will be too high. Only the management would be harder.

Even 10v might be quite balanced compared to arenas especially.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Outside of external factors, then a single-class no customisation game would be the "ideal" pvp framework.
    As soon as there are functional choices, complete balance has gone out the window.
    And the more choices there are, the worse it gets.
    WoW has too many choices in that regard.
    That's untrue. The real problem in Arena is that you can not actually use classes at all, you are restricted to a few guys only and the magic combos rule. In 10v, or especially larger, that problem is not existent since the combos there can be much easier.

Unless you mean you want a 10v full of the same class.

I don't believe that's a common problem though.

Deleted
    I dislike that there's still so much CC in the game, but I also accept it, since otherwise 2v2 matches would last even longer then they already do... It's just painful to sit out a full CC chain and watching your partner die without 0,1seconds to respond

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see the re-implementation of the Armor Penetration stat and the Mana Burn/Mana Drain/Viper Sting abilities (all from BC, all designed to help counter healers by shitting on their mana bar). It would make those games vs healer teams much less ridiculous IMO.

Also, if Blizzard would finally pull their collective shit together and make mana matter - like theyve repeatedly told us it should, but utterly fail to implement, then one healer wouldnt be able to godmode for very long before theyre running on fumes. In this regard, I have high hopes (but low expectations) regarding the stat templates in Legion.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2016-01-11 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    I would like to see the re-implementation of the Armor Penetration stat and the Mana Burn/Mana Drain/Viper Sting abilities (all from BC, all designed to help counter healers by shitting on their mana bar). It would make those games vs healer teams much less ridiculous IMO.

Also, if Blizzard would finally pull their collective shit together and make mana matter - like theyve repeatedly told us it should, but utterly fail to implement, then one healer wouldnt be able to godmode for very long before theyre running on fumes. In this regard, I have high hopes (but low expectations) regarding the stat templates in Legion.
    Mana drain was the best pvp idea blizzard came up with, on the bright side running lock/disc you could mana burn entire 90% of Hpal's mana with PI on disc in 1 full fear, on the dark side it gave life to comps like Hunter/Disc/Restokin and sl-sl lock/Disc/Resto kin and games would last for an hour per game.

Deleted
    I don't really enjoy this bracket, especially with two Healer/DPS comps. IMO it's the most boring of arena brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post

Completely seconded. /salute

This guy gets it.