Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    If they're patently retarded, then yes the NSA would want DDOS'ers.
    DDOSing is not a difficult thing to do, and the software is not particularly hard to create either. Hell, if you really wanted to you could just buy clients that allow you access to the vendor's zombies, so you can DDOS without needing to do any work. $10 and you too can DDOS anyone you wish.
    Saying they hire DDOSers is like saying the NFL hires people who play football. Yes, they hire people who DDOS, but they are also elite hackers who can find vulnerabilities in systems including their own. That is what they hire them for not for DDOSing, just like the NFL hires elite athletes not people who play football.

Do you think it's safe to activate Steam keys atm on the client? (Which I obtained earlier)

Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    Do you think it's safe to activate Steam keys atm on the client? (Which I obtained earlier)
    I wouldn't risk that until this is resolved.

Also steam has acknowledged the problem so why again re they not taking their servers offline until they fix it? Seems they care more about their money then they do yours and your personal information.

Probably, but I'd personally do nothing until this has been settled.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    This is really not acceptable from them, trying to access my account and all I get is other peoples accounts, where by I can see all of their information, as if it's on shuffle and the account changes constantly.
    I would pay to access my own account details right now. FUCK

Deleted
    Wouldn't chance it myself.

Just wait. Eventually you will be able to do it without risk and enjoy your games.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol i was in panic when suddenly seen 3 items ready to be bought
    wtf steam u think ur doing

Can't access account details at all now. Maybe they pulled the plug until it's fixed.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    store servers seems down now

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't feel like Christmas until Steam is burning.

Deleted
    I guess some people spend the holidays on being worthless losers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Doesn't feel like Christmas until Steam is burning.
    I laughed.

I remember when Gabe Newell said that he was so confident in steam security he handed out his information and nobody ever hacked his account.

Welp, I guess we're at a different time now.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure about the legitimacy of the news site but.....http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/12...edium=facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    I laughed.

I remember when Gabe Newell said that he was so confident in steam security he handed out his information and nobody ever hacked his account.

Welp, I guess we're at a different time now.
    I either had a real case of deja vu or you've said this in the past.

That is genuinely horrifying. Thankfully I didn't sign in before seeing this, and my brother didn't get Steam cards so he didn't log in either.

Thank you for this heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That is genuinely horrifying. Thankfully I didn't sign in before seeing this, and my brother didn't get Steam cards so he didn't log in either.

Thank you for this heads up.
    People have been able to see account info from others, I'm not sure it matters if said people have been logged in or not.

At the moment, this is a post from a Steam Community Manager on the forum:

We've gotten reports that people sometimes see other people's account information on the account page. Valve has been made aware of this and are working on a fix.

Some frequently asked questions:
    - No, Steam is not hacked

- Creditcard info and phone numbers are, as required by law, censored and not visible to users

Aaaand #Steam is trending worldwide.....Valve you done fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    People have been able to see account info from others, I'm not sure it matters if said people have been logged in or not.
    From what I've seen in the Reddit post, the issue comes from the moment you try to access the store and it sends your information or something.

Also the passwords upon logging in are being sent as plain text apparently on top of that, so there's definitely that.