Deleted

Influence of player actions on the story/quests?

Hi all,

sorry if this has been answered before. I searched around the forum a bit, but couldn't really find an answer (maybe it's just buried too deep).

How big is the influence of player choices on the story line really?

Does the story change if you play a Jedi of the Dark Side? Does it affect side quests?

Its the usual Bioware (general video game) formula. The journey will differ in details, but the outcome is the same for everyone aside some flavor dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by karumayu View Post
    Its the usual Bioware (general video game) formula. The journey will differ in details, but the outcome is the same for everyone aside some flavor dialogue.
    Pretty much this. Occasionally you'll get to skip a quest or get an extra quest, but it all goes the same way.

We'll see how KotFE turns out, but in the first 9 chapters the only thing that is effected by your choices is which companion you can romance. They keep insisting it will matter in the later chapters, but truthfully it can really only differ a bit. Everyone one still has to do the same dungeons, raids, daily areas so the choices are only going to be "skin deep" no matter what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
    Pretty much this. Occasionally you'll get to skip a quest or get an extra quest, but it all goes the same way.

We'll see how KotFE turns out, but in the first 9 chapters the only thing that is effected by your choices is which companion you can romance. They keep insisting it will matter in the later chapters, but truthfully it can really only differ a bit. Everyone one still has to do the same dungeons, raids, daily areas so the choices are only going to be "skin deep" no matter what happens.
    I don't know, if you do a Dark Side run (Or at least even just choosing the first Dark Side option with the Reactor in Act 3, causes the dialogue in Act 9) then Koth threatens to leave regardless. Hopefully you can get rid of him, Koth the least interesting character BioWare have introduced since Jacob in ME2, and Christ that's a low bar. You also have HK-55 be unhappy with your decisions in Act 4 if you pick Dark Side decisions, especially the last one with the refugees, while on the opposite side of the spectrum Lana doesn't really care one way or the other despite feeble protests.

Don't know if we need to spoiler names still, it's been a couple of months since launch.

The only influence decisions have on the story and plot is in dialogue. All the events are the same though.

Deleted
    Thanks all for your responses. Not really what I had hoped to hear, but pretty much what I had expected nonetheless. For a single play-through it probably doesn't make much of a difference anyway, but with all the marketing hype of "important decisions", it's good to know that the choices at least aren't purely cosmetic.

Although the choices does not lead to some branching story, it does offer to shape and allows you to roleplay your character. This part is sadly lacking in many mmos nowadays.
    Last edited by karumayu; 2015-12-26 at 10:22 PM.