Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaneesh View Post
    It's tough to say where our responsibility in this begins and where Blizzard's ends.
    If a lot of players are complaining about lack of content or nothing to do, it's a game developers issue not the players.

I don't understand the need for new content every few months. I paid for WoD & 2 or 3 months subscription and found it well worth the money. I had fun and enjoyed the leveling experience. Paying a $15 subscription fee every month isn't mandatory. There are many MMORPGs out there with sub fees that don't add anything for extremely LONG stretches too, the only difference is there's much more to do in WoW. Most people blow through new content within a day just to rush to be first anyway, so really what's the point. Just drop the sub and try other games in the meantime.

It's tough to say where our responsibility in this begins and where Blizzard's ends.
    EDIT: Scratch it, I don't want to go down this road.
    Last edited by Justpassing; 2015-12-26 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLite View Post
    So you cleaned everything in the game ?
    I have actually but that's beside the point. If you release 3 patches with 2 months worth of content each over the span of 30+ months something is not right. Either make content last longer or release content more often imo. They had no problem doing both during vanilla and TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanso View Post
    Ist wayne because Blizzard is already slowly destructing the game so the poor hardcore addictives can get off it and return to real life or other games.
    I noticed this some years ago and it is OK ... Blizzard sure does not want some Million Psychos running around ;-)

Perhaps the movie is some Kind of last gift to the fans ...
    What? we have a winner for the most delusional post of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    cause in previous expansions there was actually content given out over those 2 years, 6.1 had nothing and 6.2 didn't had enough to save both 6.1 + a 12 month content drought.

Compare it to Wrath : we had Naxxramas and VoA , then we got Ulduar, then we got the argent tournament + trial of the crusader raid, then we got 3 new dungeons + ICC , and even got ruby sanctum.

Compare it to Cata : we had a giant T11 in terms of amount of bosses, we had firelands + molten front , we had 3 new dungeons + Dragon Soul

Compare it to MoP : had a fairly big T14, we got isle of thunder + ToT T15, we got timeless Isle + SoO.

Now to WoD : we got an 8 boss raid as T17, had to wait 4 months on the other part of the same tier with BRF and a selfie cam, then got Tanaan + HFC

Even quickly glancing over my own writing makes me see that WoD had absolutely nothing, I don't mind expansions being 2 year if I get what I got in Wrath or Cata or MoP, but not 2 years of what they gave in WoD.
    Spot on. I completely agree with this guy.

Don't forget that Wow's development team is supposedly the largest it's ever been and yet WoW is seeing the least amount of content released in it's lifespan.

i'd much rather have a 2ish year expansion than the bullshit that WoD turned out to be while trying to be a 1 year expansion.

FUCK one year expansions, i hope they never try it again. they're cash grabbing chopjobs.

Just unsup if there is nothing for you to do the best signal is just that .......

Deleted
    heres a thought, sounds to me you dont like the game, so just, unsub, deinstall, and never look at it again , problem solved, go play runescape or something, or better, hello kitty online!

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophexis View Post
    heres a thought, sounds to me you dont like the game, so just, unsub, deinstall, and never look at it again , problem solved, go play runescape or something, or better, hello kitty online!
    yeah just DEINSTALL.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalia View Post
    If a lot of players are complaining about lack of content or nothing to do, it's a game developers issue not the players.
    But the statistically significant majority (and their wallet) has spoken; they are cool with that model. Worse yet, WoD's price point was/is just as big a point of contention as the content drought, which only affects players who never unsub anyway.

I get that people here are passionate about this, that post-SoO MoP & WoD left a bitter taste, that there's going to be a lot of consumer advocacy flying around at this point in time and that Blizzard's profit figures can seem outrageous but not all of this stuff is necessarily valid or realistic.

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    But the statistically significant majority (and their wallet) has spoken; they are cool with that model. Worse yet, WoD's price point was/is just as big a point of contention as the content drought, which only affects players who never unsub anyway.

I get that people here are passionate about this, that post-SoO MoP & WoD left a bitter taste, that there's going to be a lot of consumer advocacy flying around at this point in time and that Blizzard's profit figures can seem outrageous but not all of this stuff is necessarily valid or realistic.
    They lost more players this xpac than they gained by a long shot....so I guess the players did speak.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLite View Post
    So you cleaned everything in the game ?
    Because you have to do everything.... to "cleaned" the game right?
    The quality of the game is the worst its ever been aside from leveling and meh raiding.
    The top 1% in the world that clear all pve content I suppose would be the ones you would agree that "cleaned" the game right?
    So guess the other 99% of us have no reason to complain right?
    If you think WoD is a good expansion then you as a player are part of the problem.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    It shouldn't be, considering the box price plus subscription fee.

But the player base is just too loyal and allows this to happen frequently, so Blizzard takes advantage of it, since they know numbers will bounce back up next expansion..
    Precisely this. They don't care because people stay subbed. Some of that are people who have the sub on a card that just renews it and they don't care enough to stop the sub. Some are people who bought 3 or 6 month subs and aren't logging in anymore. Some are people who still enjoy things (not sure what they're doing at this point, but...) and some are people who didn't buy WoD on release but started later.

To Blizzard, though, it's all subs. I'd hope they look at activity too and realize that even if subs are OK a decline in activity (logins, time spent, etc) isn't good... but at the end of the day, it's all about the $$.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have run out of things to do you should unsub.

1. Blizzard has been saying for some time that this is fine.
    2. They make it as easy as possible for you to leave and come back.
    3. It's a decent assumption that they budget around people subscribing for X months per year. X is less than twelve.

I think they know exactly how many people stick around every month; how many people subscribe for patches and how many people come back only for the start of an expansion. Once you know those things, budgeting an expansion around it is pretty straightforward.

And yes, that's exactly how business works.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    If you think WoD is a good expansion then you as a player are part of the problem.
    No, he isn't. I am not subbed currently but I did enjoy WoD for what it was. Every player has different things they enjoy about the game. There is no wrong or right with the game, it's either something a lot of people enjoy or only a small group. If people are not happy with the game they should not sub to it, it's that simple. If Blizzard is ok with the current state of the game, they will pay for it with making less money, but that doesn't make it wrong, just something different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InventiveMeasures View Post
    I don't understand the need for new content every few months.
    It's not a need. It's a preference because many players would like to have an MMO that they can play consistently. It's that many of us like the game and world and would prefer to have things to do vs being told "well, unsub!".

One of the defining characteristics of an MMO is that it's a persistent world that simulates a real one in a sense. Ideally, it would slowly change as things happened. In reality, we rely on new patches of content to get change.

Sure, if you play enough you'll finish content way faster than it can be produced... but most people who play a lot realize that. WoD, though, has had one real content patch worth the name in over a year. That's indefensible for a company charging a sub.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    If you have run out of things to do you should unsub.

1. Blizzard has been saying for some time that this is fine.
    2. They make it as easy as possible for you to leave and come back.
    3. It's a decent assumption that they budget around people subscribing for X months per year. X is less than twelve.

I think they know exactly how many people stick around every month; how many people subscribe for patches and how many people come back only for the start of an expansion. Once you know those things, budgeting an expansion around it is pretty straightforward.

And yes, that's exactly how business works.
    All of that fails to account for the fact that unsubbing in a persistent world MMO is a failure of game design. Your reasoning is fine... from a beancounter perspective. That's the problem with Blizzard and WoW lately - it feels like they are putting business above good game design. It's particularly galling coming off a 14 month drought which they partially excused by saying that they needed to fold a bunch of Titan devs into the team, increasing its size.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing in the game I currently keep up with is the garrison missions to make a boat load of gold from. Steam finally lowered the price of Witchers Trilogy, so I am going to spend my time working through that content for awhile. If I have any additional time after that, then I will activate my FFXIV account and play it. There is also many other things to do like catch up on reading or doing more things that I can find to do around the house to occupy my time.

If WoW is all that you do, then that is your problem. Might want to broaden your horizons a bit and explore some other games or find something else to do with your time. I would rather them take whatever time they need to do Legion right, instead of what they did to WoD. They need to stop trying to think in yearly content and focus on making the best content and expansion that keep people wanting to continue to play for more than a couple months at a time.

Talk with your wallet. Its all you really can do, and its quite satisfying.