10+ Year Old Account

a credit related question.

so my card is about to expire in 5 days and my bank hasn't sent me a replacement. sorry if this sounds dumb but should i contact them about it? googling it only gave me a bunch of websites with credit card offers....not exactly helpful. is there a set date before your card expires that your supposed to receive it?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I don't know where you live. Might not be the same for your country / bank.

My bank told me that it's still valid through out the whole month. So if it says "01/16" it's still valid throughout whole january and that they send out an replacement automatic.
    However, it can't hurt calling them.

Deleted
    Don't know how it is handled where you live, but in Denmark if your card would expire 01/16 it means it dosnt "expire" befor the end of January. But if you are in doubt you should contact your bank- heck with possible only 5 days left, you should have contacted them some weeks ago...

Normally i get a new CC about a month before the old expire, i would call them just to make sure the card is not lost somewhere, could also just be late due to the holiday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Typically speaking your card will last until the end of the stated month in the stated year.

My bank tends to send one out quite early, usually the month before, but the old one still works. You've got another 4+ weeks on that card before you need to worry.

(unless you card is due to expire 12/15, in which case, phone your bank when they're open (google to find opening times) and inquire about it).

Call your bank and ask if a replacement has been issued, it may have been lost in the post or worse ...stolen.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

I would call, might be held up in the chip+pin upgrade.

Rent some equipment with it right before it expires and use the shit out of it, then have someone drop it off right before they file charges

10+ Year Old Account
    so i call the bank and not the credit company then?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so i call the bank and not the credit company then?
    Call the number on the back of the card you have.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Calling the cc company is the best thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so my card is about to expire in 5 days and my bank hasn't sent me a replacement. sorry if this sounds dumb but should i contact them about it? googling it only gave me a bunch of websites with credit card offers....not exactly helpful. is there a set date before your card expires that your supposed to receive it?
    Is it an actual credit card or a debit card? If it's a debit card, you'd ask the bank. And if the expiration is for December, you should get it any day. If it's for January, the card is actually good through January (usually).

If its a credit card through the bank you need to call the bank,

Use the number on the back of your existing card
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.