Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Scariest thing you have seen or done

Similar to my "Grottiest thing you have seen or done" thread, What in your opinion is the Scariest thing you have seen or done?

Climbed a cliff at 2:30am on mushrooms. It's #2.

you know those signs that like scissor and stand up? A buddy of mine was drunk as fuck and we were walking home late at night. He kicked one, and it closed in his foot. He didn't really look at it till we got home, and his shoe was pretty mangled up looking. He took his shoe off and the sign had completely severed his big toe.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Deleted
    That's not safe for this forum to say. o.o

10+ Year Old Account
    I spent 11 months in Iraq.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Climbed a cliff at 2:30am on mushrooms. It's #2.
    Flatiron 2's pretty chill. I went up in flip flops no problem. The mushrooms and darkness seem like a pretty terrible idea though! Don't look down crossing the rocks...

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Flatiron 2's pretty chill. I went up in flip flops no problem. The mushrooms and darkness seem like a pretty terrible idea though! Don't look down crossing the rocks...
    It's chill if you go up on the angled side, not straight up the face. With your friend yelling, oh look, come over here, it's easy over here!

I saw a car go off the road and flip over like 10 times right after he passed me up one morning, dude must have fallen asleep at the wheel. Not sure what happened to him, just called 911 and kept going.

Deleted
    when I was 12 I watched some horror movie with ghosts and stuff and I couldn't sleep because of it, so for some reason I decided it would be a good idea to lay down on the carpet next to the door.. I don't remember if it was a windy night or not but some time after laying down and closing my eyes the door just flew open all of a sudden

almost had a heart attack

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I spent 11 months in Iraq.
    This is simply terrifying in so few words.

Worse I've seen is those animal stomping videos, makes me cry a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Algythor View Post
    This is simply terrifying in so few words.

Worse I've seen is those animal stomping videos, makes me cry a bit.
    Ya, it's not quite a godwin, but war kinda wins here.

I was only a boy, I climbed a cliff so steep and tall that I couldn't go back and I had to keep climbing, feeling number and number, fearing the moment my limbs would give up and let me fall to my certain death. Luckily I managed to reach the top, but it was awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost drowning to death when swimming in the ocean in the storm in Australia. A huge wave hit me and pulled me deep under water, spinning me so fast that I couldn't tell the top from the bottom. I was running out of oxygen very fast, had no clue what to do and panicked. I breathed in quite a bit of water, but somehow managed to make it to the surface - only to be immediately knocked back by the next wave. I don't remember all the details, I only remember that I made it to the shore half-conscious and shaking from horror (I was effectively preparing to die at some point, thinking of what would be the least painful: to struggle to the end, or to just breath in the water artificially). I just sit on the beach for a long time, unable to understand what just happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Blomster View Post
    That's not safe for this forum to say. o.o
    Come on, don't be shy!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post

Come on, don't be shy!
    No, I've been infracted for things less than that. :l

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blomster View Post
    No, I've been infracted for things less than that. :l
    You can add a link to this comment in yours, asking mods to infract me instead, if they choose to: I'm taking full responsibility for it. I have only 5 infraction points anyway, so one more infraction won't get me banned.

Not sure if it works like this here though...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Watching Don't Hug Me, I'm Scared. The whole series in one go.

Don't do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Had a fire take out a 50-60 year old barn on our property just this past August, that aged wood went up so fast it was an inferno in two minutes, and the flames were big enough they hit the treetops.

The worst part was how close to our house it was (probably less than 50 feet), the paint on the facade is still warped from the convection heat

I've never felt as genuinely terrified in my life as when I was staring that fire down wondering if I wasn't about to have to grab my dogs and leave all my possessions behind.

Deleted
    either a Tandam Skydive, or a mates sister in his house with an over protective father in the bedroom next to us.

Probably hitting an icy spot on the highway in my pickup at 80 mph.

Second was asking the cute girl out in accounting.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Saw a guy get hit by a car when I was in high school. I was in the car with my dad, leaving school, and this kid on a bike tried to shoot across a busy highway without waiting for a light or anything, got slammed by a pickup truck doing 50 mph. I remember seeing him go airborne like it was in slow motion, I saw his shoes fly off, and then everything just kinda snapped back to full speed as the truck screeched to a halt and the kid went flying several meters down the road. He survived, barely; ran into him years later and I can't even remember everything he had done to put him back together...steel plate in his skull, two artificial hips I think, a steel plate holding his ribcage together...

More recently I saw a bad collision on my way home from work a few months ago. Light was changing, I knew I couldn't beat it, so I slowed to a stop. Car in the lane next to me gunned the engine right as someone coming across gunned theirs the instant their light turned green. First car slammed into the second's right fender hard, spinning it around two full rotations. When it went spinning, the first car just kinda careened off of it like a pinball, hit the curb and went completely airborne, easily flying over some four foot tall hedges into a parking lot and smashing into some parked cars. Surprisingly, I never heard of any severe injuries reported from that.