Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Lets put it this way: Healers matter, A LOT - But I've had a 10 dps team MOP THE FLOOR with a 3 healer 7 dps group many, many times.

It's about the people you are playing with, the skill level, how many bots are on the opposite team etc.

Don't overthink this, Rando BG's are rough sometimes.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, this is a ratio on my main toons for win ratio per faction. This is US/NA division:

Dacoolist - Darkspear (Alliance): 743 of 1,161 bg's won [64.0% win]
    Dacoolist - Mal'Ganis (Horde): 432 of 674 bg's won [64.1% win]
    Dacoolest - Darkspear (Alliance): 303 of 482 bg's won [62.9% win]

Good old "The grass is greener on the other side" PoV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by What is wrong with you View Post
    As an almost 11 year Alliance player, I have to say my experience has always been the exact opposite. The Horde has dominated pvp since Wrath, and only got worse once cross server battlegrouping began. I can't even began to think how many times a bg would pop with 4-5 Horde healers and at best maybe one Alliance healer.
    Everyone who starts these threads is wrong. In my own, limited experience things turn out exactly the way you describe. With the exception of trashcan (witch follows a fairly steady pattern on my server) any and all BG's are 9 times out of 10 manned by more healers/premades/a better pug. Both sides cry that their faction never wins- or that the other always has more healers. It's luck and murphys law- and you are one of the first people who seems to understand that
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Good old "The grass is greener on the other side" PoV.
    Not entirely, because,
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    I stopped healing on my Horde since I got sick of Healing people but getting zero help by others.
    It's a universal truth about this game that only the DPSes can have individualist fun. To be healer or a tank means you have to have a different mentality. Individualistic mentalities hate their role in healing or tanking and it shows when you see them mainly caring about meters or complaining they want to dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    I blame the: Healers Have to Die Addon... makes playing a Healer not so fun.
    httd really isn't that big of a deal as it often promotes horribly game play (mindlessly tunnel the mark) in which they ignore all other thigns in the fight, like the caster nuking them or their positioning.

Quote Originally Posted by What is wrong with you View Post
    As an almost 11 year Alliance player, I have to say my experience has always been the exact opposite. The Horde has dominated pvp since Wrath, and only got worse once cross server battlegrouping began. I can't even began to think how many times a bg would pop with 4-5 Horde healers and at best maybe one Alliance healer.
    I agree and no place is it more prevalent than in Ashran they seem to always have an overabundance of heals to the point where Ashran ques need to be like Raid ques where there is a predetermined limit of healers.

As a horde healer, I stay the hell out of pvp.

This has nothing to do with being horde, and everything to do with the fact that it's just no fun being instagibbed the moment you cast a heal.
    If our 5 guys jump their 5 guys around an objective, all of their 5 guys is going to murderize little me before I get 2 GCDs off.
    Repeat that for the next 10 minutes, with no reward for the pain.

To each their own. But I much prefer reading trade chat over pvping as a healer. It's just that bad an experience.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

The effect of EMFH is all you are seeing. It will change a bit next expansion with the nerf that racial took.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    The effect of EMFH is all you are seeing. It will change a bit next expansion with the nerf that racial took.
    emfh got buffed....

EMFH removes stuns, and it will share 30 sec CD with the PVP trinket like ability that gets unlocked thru the new PVP system in legion.

some say it's a nerf, but since trinkets are inactive in PVP, some say it works out as a buff, since HU will be able to remove stuns in PVE and have 2 stun removals available in the first minute of any PVP fight.

any class horde stun class will have no chance in 1 vs 1 fights which do occur in PVP, especially against a stun class HU suck as monk vs monk, ret, vs ret, etc etc. this racial will negate horde rogues and ferals to a free kill due to negating major abilities by a racial more than any other racials

look at the history of racials of HU, when blizz nerfs them....they are buffed. EFMH along with +1 steath detect racial (later CATA removed) was the nerf in WotLK and buff for the +50 stealth detection points for like 10 sec they lost. as a 70 rogue back then, you effectively stealth wise become a level 60 trying to out stealth a 70.

i experienced HU-perception in BGs, we had three rogues in a WSG flag room with allies incoming our tunnel, we didn't know a rogue was way ahead of them. as they almost entered the FR, he popped a sprint, and perception...sapped first rogue, sapped a second rogue unstealthing both and then garrotted me. we had nothing to counter that. what would have been a 3 vs 3 fight, became instantly 3 vs 2, 3 vs 1 and they got flag. second sapped rogue was able to COS and vanish but unable at that point to make a difference.

WotF is not a equal match for the horde, since there are way more stun CCs in the game than stuns.
    - fears from warriors, priests, warlocks
    - stuns from warriors, monks, druids, rogues, shaman totems, some blowbacks stun, paladins, demo warlocks and pet, hunters and pets, unholy DK pets
    Last edited by pinkz; 2016-01-02 at 07:17 AM.

My experience is quite the opposite. I've played Alliance since early BC till now and every single BG I've played in, Horde always had more healers than us.

Deleted
    this whole "i dont play healer because no cover is given to me on bgs" mentality is so broken. With positioning and some experience you will have such an effect on the zerg that even if you die you win.

Had a temple of zergmogu recently as the only healer of both sides. died 9 times, healed 17m, and we won. what can dps really do if youre focused? cc? haha. Other than stuns which you get anyways the thing you can hope for is that they clear the opponents fast enough.

Most people dont play healer because its more frustrating if youre not good, while dps can always blame healers / healer % of bg groups and deal with self that way.
    I also agree on the ugly tauren troll druids and shamans vs hot chick beautiful nightelf thing which may drive some people.

I've been experiencing this aswell. but i guess people wants to hit hard instead of seeing green numbers

Have to say i agree with every sentiment expressed here about never receiving peels as a heal. People just don't do it and then complain there's no healers/heals. Peel for your healers, you'll get heals. it's simple really.

Deleted
    ^ There's that "high risk to wipe them fast VS low risk to train them and eventually kill them" that gets into people's heads and the high risk -> fast rewards mentality often wins in unorganized games. Someone could probably do some nice statistics on this thing. e.g. Probability to succeed on going zerg X times that succeeded - Prob to succeed on going decently X times that succeed = if it's negative, don't zerg.

Alliance has multiple healers almost every BG without fail, while the Horde is lucky to get even one. Then when I queue on my Priest to heal, because the Horde never has healers, we get too many. Such crap.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Without any data to prove it, your premise is a non-starter. I've seen games with Alliance having no healer.

The real problem here is, again, that you don't take into account you play against premades a lot.

When someone joins randomly he may play against a premade and often without being in one.
    I had the most horrible experiences while on Random BG's, not one but two Alliance Pre-mades against us. even worse, my teammates are poorly geared or don't have pvp gear and we get wrecked as soon the BG starts.

I say, pre-mades should not be allowed on Random BG
    Howl to the stars wishing I could be one....

Horde here, holy pala since TBC. I'd say that there is a big difference between BGs in tbc/wotlk and cata/mop/draenor. When I join for random BGs, I usually find myself healing alone or with another one at best, meanwhile Alliance has at least 3 healers every time. After a couple of losses I usually stop queueing out of frustration.

Title should be changed to : "Crappy PUGs have a healer problem" since that's the only true statement across both factions. Everything else are just anecdotes.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

I don't mind the HHTD addon. As a (alliance gnome) disc priest I use it while healing bg's aswell to silence other healers and do dmg to them for evangelism stacks / archangel procs. Once in a while you get tunneled down, but not that much (in my experience)

OT: When i play my healer, i'm mostly in a bg with one or more healers. When, however, i play my arms warrior i often notice that we have just 1 or even 0 healers (10 man bg's).