World of Warcraft Laser Tag Location Ideas

I have started running guild events in my new guild (A Proudmoore). Last week we did Dalaran laser tag. We really like the way the event turned out and we want to pick out some other locations that may work well for the event. Anyone have any ideas?

Deleted
    The inside of cleared Karazhan.

That could be interesting

Laser tag....?

What?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Laser tag....?

What?
    I believe it's a game that someone loses if you find him and spot him with a laser.

Ha, I came here to suggest Karazhan and someone beat me to it. You may lose a few guildies forever in the stairs/hallways, but everyone else will remember it fondly.

We play with focusing lenses with various rules. It is a great time if you can trust the other players to follow the rules. The short description is you run around trying to target others with your lens while not being targeted yourself.

Naxxramas would be fun. clear the 25-man version, somebody starts in the middle

The non-instanced version of Zul'Farak would be fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm interested in hearing the rules. As for location, ironforge can be good, or shattrath even. I believe that raid instances would be easy cause of minimap and such.

well it just hit me ! Karabor! dunno if it's open and such but it is big.
    Last edited by Mefistophelis; 2015-12-27 at 11:37 PM.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I believe it's a game that someone loses if you find him and spot him with a laser.
    I still don't understand.

How does one play Laser Tag in WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I still don't understand.

How does one play Laser Tag in WoW?
    You can use focusing lenses or the Dazzling Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    You can use focusing lenses or the Dazzling Rod.
    Oh, so it's not "Laser Tag" per se, it's just Hide and Seek or Dazzling Rod dueling, just within a large raid instance.

It isn't really a duel per se, while it does share some ideas with hide and go seek it isn't that either. You can't actually duel anyone with the lenses you just target them, and once you target them you and they are immune to being target for a short duration. There are free for all versions and team versions, yes the goal is to keep yourself as hidden as possible, but you also need to be on the move if you want to tag anyone, just hiding will not earn you any points. Here are the standard rules we are currently using:

Laser Tag Rules

Play in randomly generate teams of five. Only two teams at a time (if we have more than ten players we will split players evenly and have new players jump in whenever a team member is tagged out).

All competitors will link the cast of the focusing lens to a macro that will alert the chosen chat that you have tagged an individual. (This is to prevent arguments over who tagged who first.)

If you successfully tag a player call out “Tagged:Name ” in chat so score can be kept by ref.

Once tagged you are immune to tagging and cannot tag another player for 30 secs (ref will call out your name and tell you when you are able to target/be targeted again).

No mounts, No flying, No stealth or Invisibility skills/potions/etc., Ground speed boosts are acceptable.

Three tags and you are out, winning team will be the team with the last toon standing.

The middle area of Dalaran (where toons are ported in) is out of bounds, players who are not yet playing must stay in this area.

There is no use of Macro’s or /toonname for targeting other characters, the focusing lenses are not affected by LoS so you must physically click to target the character. This is supposed to be fun guys, if it feels like a player is abusing these rules in any way they will be removed from the game.
    Last edited by Infiniiti; 2015-12-28 at 12:22 AM.

Omg this sounds so fun. I wish I had friends XD

10+ Year Old Account
    If there's a video of your playing sessions, or a stream, I'd like to watch it.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

We haven't made any vids so far, though that may be a great idea! We are trying to play often enough to help us hammer out necessary rules in situations we didn't anticipate. Eventually, we will run competitive events in guild.

AQ 20 non-instance, Zul'Gurub non-instance, Gilneas city, and Alcaz Island are a few places that will work.