Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I don't get why it has to be associated with men if that's the definition.
    Just the way things worked.

Is femsplaining going to be a word soon? lol
    Maybe at some point but unlikely any time soon. Doesn't seem to be cultural movement in that direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    sweden should rename itself twitter or tumblr.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Something Women say when they get annoyed that a guy explains something to them in simple terms.
    At the office, I work with women leaving their computer on after work, because they can't figure out how to shutdown a Windows 8 system. Not passing judgement, just throwing it out there...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    As if using the word in English didn't already make you sound like an idiot, people are now using it in Swedish conversation? Did the Swedish language really miss a gendered condescending version of "explaining" that badly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    At the office, I work with women leaving their computer on after work, because they can't figure out how to shutdown a Windows 8 system. Not passing judgement, just throwing it out there...
    can't stop laughing....help me.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    (of a man) explain (something) to someone, typically a woman, in a manner regarded as condescending or patronizing.
    So, basically anything that follows after "Hey, want me to help you?"
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    Would you have insulted a guy for doing that? :>

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how it works in Sverigeland, but with English dictionaries they add words that are in use within the language. So all it would mean is that people are using the word frequently, even if that usage was just people complaining about the word 'mansplaining'.

15+ Year Old Account
    Considering that "mansplaining" is an english word, I don't see whats so wrong with them adding the swedish one to the dictionary. Unless they added the english word to the swedish dictionary, then it seems pointless.

I witness Femsplaining way more than Mansplaining

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    And you should rename yourself "Doesn't_know_that_adding_words_to_dictionaries_has_nothing_to_do_with_politics McSimpson"
    i don't acknowledge tumblr as a valid source of new words. and never will. deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Considering that "mansplaining" is an english word, I don't see whats so wrong with them adding the swedish one to the dictionary. Unless they added the english word to the swedish dictionary, then it seems pointless.
    It's literally mansplaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Would you have insulted a guy for doing that? :>
    Yes. I'd have laughed him out of the office so hard, he'd still hear my laughter when he's taking the coming home dump at his house. I'd probably still be laughing the next morning when he comes back into the office, only to pause to see if he knows how to turn it back on after I shut it down for him.

Deleted
    Yeah I'll deal with you being wrong
    So you acknowledge that tumblr is the source for the word?

Yes. I'd have laughed him out of the office so hard, he'd still hear my laughter when he's taking the coming home dump at his house. I'd probably still be laughing the next morning when he comes back into the office, only to pause to see if he knows how to turn it back on after I shut it down for him.
    Woman should get their act together the alternative to mansplaining is the above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'll deal with you being wrong
    nope. not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    If it's not supposed to be in a dictionary why is everyone in this thread using the word then?
    I'm not using it. Don't make blanket statements. :P

(I have a hard time acknowledging it as a real word, too)

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's not supposed to be in a dictionary why is everyone in this thread using the word then?
    i'm not using it either. so this statement is wrong. also that means your use of the word everyone is incorrect as everyone would literally mean everyone.

Deleted
    I'm never wrong.
    Typical femsplaining in action. :P

We don't have "PMS-bitch" specifically I think, but rest assured there are plenty of derogatory terms towards women in our language as well.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalkapallo View Post
    Now i'm generally quite left leaning and welcome feminism and other social activist movements. But this is beyond ridiculous, mansplaining as a word is for me the equal to "PMS-bitch" being a legit word, which would never ever happen.

But according to the Swedish language council it's from now on a word ending up in the Swedish dictionary. What's your take on this word? Am i in the wrong to compare it to "PMS-bitch"?
    Not surprising, Sweden is the most cucked country in the world right now. Forced multiculturalism and acceptance of radical SJW propaganda led to this.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.