Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    It's quite positive in areas where work have been done, like food industries.

Remember European cheese being banned? It grown by 19.7% compared to same period of 2014.

By positive results that exists logical assumption would be that we need more things banned :P
    GDP is still dropping. Unless this changes, we can hardly see the results in this particular regard as positive.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    GDP is still dropping. Unless this changes, we can hardly see the results in this particular regard as positive.
    All of Moscow could burn down and all the casualties with it and Shalcker would say how great it will be after they rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    All of Moscow could burn down and all the casualties with it and Shalcker would say how great it will be after they rebuild.
    Well the red square does like pretty fucking depressing tbh, it could use more disco lights like that muslim region of theirs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Creates jobs, reduces unemployment, and would be a public works project. What could go wrong?

Or: We need new politicians, hey, I'm now a politician! You need to help rebuild my place of business, I'm a politician! I'M HELPING! I'M HELPING!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Creates jobs, reduces unemployment, and would be a public works project. What could go wrong?
    I always crack up when in RPGs something really bad is happening in the world, and some merchant says, "My business is great! So many people need weapons nowadays. I wish this war was never going to end!"
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    "Cheese", not sure that palm oil would even qualify as Cheese in Europe.
    It does. It's "dairy free" vegan product :P

What do you use for Red Wine? Strawberries?
    We use grain for Vodka! ...coincidently, we're one of the top grain exporters in the world :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I always crack up when in RPGs something really bad is happening in the world, and some merchant says, "My business is great! So many people need weapons nowadays. I wish this war was never going to end!"
    Why do I feel like I heard that in Skyrim?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do I feel like I heard that in Skyrim?
    I haven't played Skyrim much, but I saw it, at least, in Witcher 3, Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age: Inquisition and Mass Effect series. Probably somewhere else, too.

Too many things not yet banned from being imported, obviously! Need more bans!

Also currency still too high making local production less competitive :P

Deleted
    Russia should consider giving crimea independece.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Russia should consider giving crimea independece.
    That multi-billion dollar cesspool was totally worth the sanctions, man.

Deleted
    They give up cheese, fruits and even cucumbers o.O

Russia dang it.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, many posters on these forums praised Putin for being able to get results... Here they are!
    And his popularty is going to go down pretty soon. If he can't get results then he must be replaced by somebody who can. And everybody should hope that they won't remember Putin as pretty nice guy in comparison.
    Last edited by Girrag; 2015-12-28 at 10:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Girrag View Post
    And his popularty is going to go down pretty soon. If he can't get results then he must be replaced by somebody who can.
    I am not so sure... The world is full of dictators, like Mugabe, who ruined their countries, and yet they hold all the power in their countries for many decades. Propaganda can do miracles to human minds.

That GDP must be mostly oil. Russia is still struggling with producing anything else. "Import-replacing" is a big thing in Russian political media, praising local companies for stepping up and developing local medicine, technology. But many of those companies are just re-labeling stuff that's smuggled in through Belarus. Conditions for legitimate business are lacking in Russia.

A month ago Putin authorized a law that would authorize forceful takeover of land owned by "unscrupulous owners". Sounds good to simple people, but it's giving a green light to anyone who has power to take whatever they want (by declaring someone "unscrupulous"). Imagine starting a successful business there, having to give it up to some official because he liked it.

In the last year Russia has produced:
    1 men's suit per 140 people,
    1 coat per 125 people,
    1 bag per 10 people,
    0.7 pairs of formal shoes for 1 person (per year),
    1 pair of sports shoes per 70 people,
    Electronics: $3-$4 worth of it per person.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am not so sure... The world is full of dictators, like Mugabe, who ruined their countries, and yet they hold all the power in their countries for many decades. Propaganda can do miracles to human minds.
    It didn't help USSR back in the days. And won't help in country where 70% of people use Internet. Even my girlfriend who doesn't know English and get most of news from TV doesn't really like Putin. Everybody know that he and his friends are theifs. It isn't a really big secret. He just considered kinda OK because he could create better life than Yeltsin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Girrag View Post
    It didn't help USSR back in the days. And won't help in country where 70% of people use Internet. Even my girlfriend who doesn't know English and get most of news from TV doesn't really like Putin. Everybody know that he and his friends are theifs. It isn't a really big secret. He just considered kinda OK because he could create better life than Yeltsin.
    Well, the USSR did stand for 74 years... You are right, the Internet definitely makes it harder to fool people these days. But the problem is, not everyone really cares about the truth: wishful thinking + pseudo-optimistic propaganda is a very potent mix. Just look at, say, Iran: their economy is in ruins, their society is stuck somewhere in Dark Ages, they are sanctioned by almost everyone, they have a very accessible Internet - and yet, the support their leaders have is phenomenal.

I don't know how events in Russia are going to go, but I seriously doubt Putin is going away any time soon, unless something dramatic happens, like a total collapse of the state or economical bankruptcy.

Deleted
    Well, many posters on these forums praised Putin for being able to get results... Here they are!
    Oil price. Happens in Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, Norway, you name it...
    Not a fan of Putin, but unsure where he comes in.

Russia was smart and didn't take in any refugees. A++ for thinking ahead on their part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Russia was smart and didn't take in any refugees. A++ for thinking ahead on their part.
    Refugees didn't go there in the first place, so there is nothing "smart" about accepting no one from no one.