Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What spec is easiest?

So i would like to know what spec is easiest to make lots of dps on, since i obviously cant make any dps on fire spec.

Frost is pretty easy to play and performs well at all ilevels for single target, cleave and AoE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Frost is pretty easy to play and performs well at all ilevels for single target, cleave and AoE.
    Do you play frost? or do you have any tips? i make around 15k dps on single target, in LFR.. Can't seem to get it work as it should.

Deleted
    Read one of the guides about it. It's the easiest spec on current raiding gear. It might be more complex before getting tier and trinkets, ironically.

7+ Year Old Account
    frost is the easiest... isn't is obvious?

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Frost is easiest.

Reason being that all you need to worry about is keeping Fingers of Frost procs rolling.

Fire and Arcane are more demanding on your mental acuity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krustan View Post
    So i would like to know what spec is easiest to make lots of dps on, since i obviously cant make any dps on fire spec.
    Hard to decide what you want to know. If you asked which one is the easiest mage spec then the anwser is clear: frost. If you asked the spec with the best dps output then it is a bit more complicated and there is no chance we can give you an anwser without knowing your char. Without any info on the char noone can tell you if your low dps as fire roots from skill related problems or simply an unoptimal spec choice for a given fight. Since you mentioned LFR i assume that you have a low-geared char; low-geared fire in HFC is unoptimal for almost all bosses but quiet ok for BRF. If you are doing HFC LFR on a low-geared char go frost or arcane - frost for faceroll; arcane for a more a enjoyable gaming experience.

I prefer Arcane, though I found I perform better in Frost, it's easier for me

Play all of the specs, you might find one easier than the other
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

Frost is definitely the easiest, might even be one of the easiest DPS specs in the game overall.

Deleted
    That rule is correct though to be precise, it's quite hard if you want to be optimal on single target since it requires prismatic crystal. Arcane on regular fights is much easier than a frost with crystal, though in this case it becomes a non-issue indirectly sometimes since most high end raiders go arcane on single target anyway.

Also it can be quite complex if you go frost bomb or go frost bomb and couple it with prismatic crystal on top. Good luck with that. Though it's quite fun on AOE if done properly.

On end-game gear though at the moment most fights that can use it use one of the most simplistic rotations in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Krustan View Post
    Do you play frost? or do you have any tips? i make around 15k dps on single target, in LFR.. Can't seem to get it work as it should.
    There's a good addon called We Don't Wipe where you can download a Frost rotational guide to get you started and used to it. Generally UM/IF/TV are the easiest talents and can be used in every fight but aren't the most optimal.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-PVE-Guide-6-2 is a good place to look.

AlteredTime a mage forum is probably a good place to look for tips too.

I've always found arcane easiest and only hard part of fire is the damn combustion to get max dps. Frost is simple enough tho, just track the trinkets/IW and other stuff and pew pew. Frost is fun tho imo.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you have low dps, here's what you do. Go frost. Take nova and comet. And just basically follow the rotation. Was you get better gear, you'll have to change talents around accordingly but there's no way you'll pull sufficient dps as fire at a low I lvl. Play frost till 705-710, then ping pong back and forth between arcane and frost. You need mythic gear to be competitive as fire.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Frost. At a high level arcane and fire are more difficult to perfect.

the reason i find arcane and fire to be harder than frost is because with fire you have to track ignite, a highly varying debuff scaling to your gear, trinkets and random procs, you also have to make sure that if you have a mastery proc, it finished/you use it optimaly to get a big ignite, as it has no benefit after casting comb. Crystal is also a pain for fire.

with arcane you have to track both mana and charges, casting a blast too much reduces dps by alot and off-set's the rotation and you need to track alot of other things (end game) to play it optimal at a higher level.

With frost you just need to track FoF, BF and 2-3 CD's, as at low level you dont need to activly use water jet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by denzildk View Post
    the reason i find arcane and fire to be harder than frost is because with fire you have to track ignite, a highly varying debuff scaling to your gear, trinkets and random procs, you also have to make sure that if you have a mastery proc, it finished/you use it optimaly to get a big ignite, as it has no benefit after casting comb. Crystal is also a pain for fire.

with arcane you have to track both mana and charges, casting a blast too much reduces dps by alot and off-set's the rotation and you need to track alot of other things (end game) to play it optimal at a higher level.

With frost you just need to track FoF, BF and 2-3 CD's, as at low level you dont need to activly use water jet.
    For me Arcane is the easiest on Patchwerk and the hardest on high movement. That in itself makes it much easier on a very solid raid team. If you do the same encounter in the exact same way, it effectively becomes Patchwerk-ish in terms of rotation, but if you go to try it on another team, may the old gods have mercy on your soul.

Fire is extremely easy but it's a gimmick spec on current live. It relies on a trinket that must not see damage at all if you must delay, an extremely clunky mechanic that Blizzard did not anticipate. There are ways to use mythic dungeon trinkets that happened to proc 725, which further proves the gimmick nature of it.

Frost is designed by Blizzard to be the "stably reliable spec" currently. It will do damage and it will never do too low or too high damage if played properly even if the raid team is new. It does not require any special gear or rotation in terms of extremity to get it or execute it and it will always be an asset.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2016-01-26 at 08:14 AM.

Would suggest you try all three specs, one should feel better to you. That is the one you will play best.

I'd say that frost or arcane are the easier specs, fire certainly seems the most trickiest to use to its full potential.

I'd definitely say frost, fire has too many things to track for maximizing dps, arcane has 1 more than frost (really), overall.

Frost is easy, Arcane is the best