Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    What's surprising is that Europe has been at peace since WWII. A thousand years from now if someone is reading a history book and it says there was a period of peace after WWII it will amaze the reader. Then if it says Lithuania launched a surprise attack and conquered Europe, bringing back strife to Europe the reader won't be surprised.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    With everyone else dithering because they don't want too much responsibility for the outcome, I think the quickest and surest way to flash-fry ISIS is a Turkish/Israel alliance. They are both in ISIS's immediate neighborhood and will both face holy h-ll if ISIS expands much farther.

Of course Turkey and Israel have lots of disagreements and ideological differences, but massive security concerns often overcome such things. Kind of like a worse murderer than Hitler allying with the West to stop him; aka Stalin.

Basically:

1) Turkey and Israel publicly announce an anti-ISIS pact

2) both of them formally declare war

3) Turkey invades from the north, Israel from the south

4) Syria is partitioned at the halfway point into Turkish and Israeli zones of administration

5) all other countries ( US, Russia, etc) are shown the door and told GTFO and dont come back

6) all Isis personnel are shown zero mercy: summary execution upon capture

7) Assad family is sent packing to whatever country will have them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    1) Turkey and Israel publicly announce an anti-ISIS pact
    Who the hell would be stupid enough to drag Israel into this?

Deleted
    There has never been peace on Earth, and there will never be peace on Earth until we find something other than ourselves to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    As long as religion exists, there will be no peace.
    As long as humans exist there will be no peace. If religion didn't exist we'd probably fight over scientific theories instead.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    Don't you have millions of innocents to starve Stalin?
    Just because there's no holy book doesn't mean it's not a religion

Anyway religion itself it's just a catalyst of fear and an excuse for harm, not the cause itself. It's the materialization of a thought condivided by a group of people, which usually end up as hate towards another group with similar but not identical ideas

10+ Year Old Account
    The world has been pushed down a path (with open arms from so many especially by the left leaning people) that there is really no recovery from by those countries that are affected. If Trump wins I am sure America will be fine, Australia I hope will be fine as long as labor never gets in again as they rely on votes by the far left greens party so they have to listen to them. Europe of course is gone and for most of Europe there is no more point of return. Smear campaigns have been running against European countries that are resisting the collective suicide but with the UN and EU on the Saudi payroll it is only a matter of time. George 'Hitler' Soros is now pumping millions into Poland by setting up protest groups and spreading misinformation in a similar way he did to start the American Black Lives Matter movement.

What will the next 10 years bring the Europe and other parts of the world which have allowed this collective suicide with open arms? The only person standing in the way for America to share the same fate is Trump. The left believe in open border suicide and the right believe in an overall net profit by lowering labor costs to the floor with the labor market flooded with immigrants regardless of the plethora of cons that go with that type of thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post

Anyway religion itself it's just a catalyst of fear and an excuse for harm, not the cause itself. It's the materialization of a thought condivided by a group of people, which usually end up as hate towards another group with similar but not identical ideas
    Can't have a totalitarian authority when there is conflicting views! Hence my god is real and you're a herectic etc etc.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Clearly as long as there is atheism, there will never be peace! Seriously though, use your brains. If you truly believe religion is the cause of conflict, rather than just a commonly used excuse, you are delusional. Human nature is the source of human conflict, and anything else is just an excuse for it, nothing more. No, there will be no peace.

How likely is peace in 2016?

About as likely as tomorrow being the heat death of the universe.

It's a dream and not even a realistic one at that.

But you know, whatever keeps limp wristed liberals happy and able to sleep at night I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Dunno i don't particularly care, alot of good games coming out in 2016 though.
    Bread and circuses...

Didnt stop the fall of Rome.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    So long as the world tolerates the archaic and barbaric lunacy of the middle east, tolerates countries who abuse a religion to call terrorists to arms, their will never be peace in this world.

"Of the past 3,400 years, humans have been entirely at peace for 268 of them, or just 8 percent of recorded history."

I think that's 'nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    I do think the nuclear powers should work over the long term to reduce nuke quantity. And no new nuclear powers should be allowed to buildup.
    That's really a catch 22 though. Countries having nuclear weapons is the only reason there hasn't been WWIII yet.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    you forgot to add

/equip Tin Foil Hat

I mean I agree, the US should probably spend all that tax money on its people rather than more tanks and guns to overthrow foreign governments, but this sounds like a conspiracy theory. Especially the part about China? Really? Does that article's author know what kind of ridicilous claims China has been making? A quick look at a world map is all one needs to do.
    Putting aside the China thing, you know that US won't do that, i mean... they get more out of war.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    So long as the world tolerates the archaic and barbaric lunacy of the middle east, tolerates countries who abuse a religion to call terrorists to arms, their will never be peace in this world.
    The terrorist groups are not based in religion, is based in money, in the end... they are just mercenaries

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post

The problem is that it is such an easy excuse. All the willingly ignorant have to say is that it is their "faith" and therefore illogical and completely undefinable. They believe they are called to kill and / or spread harm "because x god or book said so." No rational thought provided or needed for the mentally stunted and the brainwashed.

Amen.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    The problem is that it is such an easy excuse. All the willingly ignorant have to say is that it is their "faith" and therefore illogical and completely undefinable. They believe they are called to kill and / or spread harm "because x god or book said so." No rational thought provided or needed for the mentally stunted and the brainwashed.
    It is an easy excuse but it exists only in the absence of another. The atheist governments of the Soviet Union and Maoist China killed hundreds of millions of people without any excuse other than it being for the good of the state.

This is what leftists will never understand about the nature of violence. It is so easy to point to a religious person and to any number of conflicts fought over religious ideals but the absence of proper religion simply makes the state the religion of the people. Secularism is founded on the false ideal that idolatry exists only in a religious setting while ignoring the violence and subservience of human nature.

Removing religion does not create the world of John Lennon's Imagine. It creates a world with less moral values and more people who can create harmful ideologies without the belief of a moral ultimatum in the form of a creator to stop them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do people honestly believe this is the only cause for problems?

lol....

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as people are willing to kill other people over their imaginary friends, the chances are zero.

I realize that isn't the only type of violence this world knows, but it's the most insidious and the most ridiculous to try to justify.
    It will certainly be the last type of conflict we face.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    As long as people are willing to kill other people over their imaginary friends, the chances are zero.

I realize that isn't the only type of violence this world knows, but it's the most insidious and the most ridiculous to try to justify.
    It will certainly be the last type of conflict we face.
    So you mean, without religion, we wouldn't have to worry about skin color, gender, greed, cultural differences, egotistical leaders, and other things?

People are violent. There will always be conflict in human nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    So you mean, without religion, we wouldn't have to worry about skin color, gender, greed, cultural differences, egotistical leaders, and other things?

People are violent. There will always be conflict in human nature.
    I didn't say that. I very clearly stated that that isn't the only type of conflict that the world knows. You even quoted it. Did you not read what you quoted in your own post? Are you just making up what you think I said so you can be lazy and not actually address it? Why even comment?

I did, however, say that it would be the last of those problems to be solved. I stand by that.