Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    As long as religion exists, there will be no peace.
    as long as people exist and someone has something the other wants/needs , we will never have peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I didn't say that. I very clearly stated that that isn't the only type of conflict that the world knows. You even quoted it. Did you not read what you quoted in your own post? Are you just making up what you think I said so you can be lazy and not actually address it? Why even comment?

I did, however, say that it would be the last of those problems to be solved. I stand by that.
    You automatically call religion a "problem" while ignoring all of the good it does. The Catholic Church provides billions of dollars in money for charities as do Protestant churches all over the world. The Orthodox Church has helped save millions of persecuted Christians in many parts of the world. Judaism and the state of Israel have helped save millions of Jews from the clutches of the dangerous atheist and secular ideologies of Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union.

To argue that religion is on par with greed and evil leadership as a problem in the world is a absurd and offensive to the millions of dedicated practitioners of all of the world's religions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    You automatically call religion a "problem" while ignoring all of the good it does. The Catholic Church provides billions of dollars in money for charities as do Protestant churches all over the world. The Orthodox Church has helped save millions of persecuted Christians in many parts of the world. Judaism and the state of Israel have helped save millions of Jews from the clutches of the dangerous atheist and secular ideologies of Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union.
    My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.
    Guess who said that?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Guess who said that?
    Guessing Hitler?

But Hitler wasn't a true Christian. if I am not mistaken, he wanted to twist the faith to make him some sort of religious figure.

Easier to maintain the godhood like status when people look towards -you- for guidance. It would make sense given how the Nazi's operated.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Guess who said that?
    Calling Adolf Hitler a Christian is completely false. Funny that many of the people here who say that ISIS is not representative of Islam when they follow the actual words of the Quran will call Hitler a Christian despite the huge amount of evidence that he was not. I'll list a few of them.

1. Hitler wrote that the strong must dominate the weak, directly contrasting with Jesus' gospel of love
    2. Joseph Goebbels wrote early on in the war that Hitler secretly hated Christianity as did many high ranking Nazis and used it only to promote his political ends
    3. Hitler believed in evolution and used to it form his ideals of evolutionary racism
    4. Hitler was an admirer of Nietzsche, a firm atheist.
    5. As you can see in your own writing, Hitler never quoted scripture. He was an egoist first and thought his word was final above all, even God. He had no belief in Christianity as seen by his blatant disregard for its teachings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Guessing Hitler?

But Hitler wasn't a true Christian. if I am not mistaken, he wanted to twist the faith to make him some sort of religious figure.

Easier to maintain the godhood like status when people look towards -you- for guidance. It would make sense given how the Nazi's operated.
    This is correct, well said.
    Last edited by Deletedaccount1; 2015-12-29 at 04:07 PM.

Deleted
    0%, as long as religion is in this world there will be war.
    Religious ppl can never leave ppl alone! that is why they need to build those crazy big buildings in every place to just press there beleaves into other ppl faces.

I am an athiest am i going door to door wanting to convert ppl? nope yet muslims and christians do so in my neighborhood why?
    I had respect for those ppl when i was a kid because i was thought to respect all human beings no matter what there lifestyle is, but if they dont respect my freedom to not beleave then F. them.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2015-12-29 at 05:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    As long as religion exists, there will be no peace.
    Lol right. Nevermind greed and power, which you know are the reasons behind every conflict since the beginning of time. IT has to be RELIGION!
    It's a lot cooler to say Ill give you that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Race riots are 100% guaranteed this year. They have kept the blacks on a medium simmer for 2 years, yeah its definitely going to be used this year. Don't blame trump for causing racial strife, blame Obama for fanning the flames. I read in the news today that 2000 youfs stormed a mall in Louisville. They started fights attacked white shoppers, threw up gangs signs, raped bitches. Yet no one seems to connect the dots or show the least amount of outrage towards this bullshit. These youfs are attacking soft targets which includes all elderly white people, how fucking sissyesh white americans have become. Never has America faced a more trying time than now, Obama caused it all, he is one evil mother fucker.

If it comes back that Obama backed isis, we are talking ww3, possibly a military leader taking over until new elections can be held. It looks very likely isis was some fucking weird 8th grade obejective to do what exactly?. I have a theory on this also, Obama wants to destroy all western history, why on earth would isis destroy 2000 year old structures that pre dated islam?. Obama is like farva in super troopers, they gave him instructions and he thought what he thinks is so fucking common sense that why hasn't everyone thought of it. He has destroyed America as we know it, time to take back our country.
    And how exactly are we going to do this, hot shot? Elect people like Trump? Hillary? Pfft, yeah right. All of what you wrote here provides no ideas on how to "take back our country" only that Obama is evil and some crazy theory that he could actually be backing ISIS by wanting to destroy western history...yeah ok.

This is a prime example of how people like to preach about taking back our country and how the president sucks and how evil he is and all that nonsense but have no fucking clue on how to do it other than believing in the shit that comes out of these candidate's mouths because they have no thoughts or opinions of their own. This is why our country is so fucked up. It's because people like this are allowed to vote. It's time for people to get an education and start using their brains for once instead of blindly following their shepherd like a bunch of sheep.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Lol right. Nevermind greed and power, which you know are the reasons behind every conflict since the beginning of time. IT has to be RELIGION!
    It's a lot cooler to say Ill give you that.
    But how can we sound edgy without blaming religion?

Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    Don't you have millions of innocents to starve Stalin?
    I think this is the first post I've noticed of yours that wasn't massively anti semetic. That or Poes Law etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I didn't say that. I very clearly stated that that isn't the only type of conflict that the world knows. You even quoted it. Did you not read what you quoted in your own post? Are you just making up what you think I said so you can be lazy and not actually address it? Why even comment?

I did, however, say that it would be the last of those problems to be solved. I stand by that.
    I would say greed is more insiduous than religion, at least the ones fighting for their religion are honest about it, even if the manner of their brainwashing may seem sinister
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.