Deleted

[RET] Trinket help.

Currently have the heirloom trinket (Gronntooth War Horn) and a normal mode Rumbling Pebble, Warforged and Socketed (+75 Mastery). Just got my normal UEH, what to replace? Also I thought UEH was BiS but according to IV EDH is better, which would make BiS trinkets EDH and Archi trinket, is this correct? Thanks in advance, Ret pally is currently just an alt too me so i'm not always up to date.

Deleted
    Yes it is correct. Horn and class trinket are BiS for single target and fights where you can keep the buff up. For AoE fights like assault you want to replace the class trinket with something else. The one from Zakkun or the one from Gorefiend are decent ones. Sorry, i don't know their names by heart. ^^
    I'm not sure how good those new heirloom trinkets are. If its the one that gives you 10% more damage vs demons, its probably worth using. Also the trinket you got, the rumbling pebble warforged with socket probably seems better than the UEH normal. Though this all depends on how well you will use it. I would stick with pebble and heirloom vs demons. Against non-demons swap it with UEH. Or, if you dont want to bother swapping just stick to the non-heirloom ones.

Anyways, if you want a precise answer you should just sim it on simcraft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Yes it is correct. Horn and class trinket are BiS for single target and fights where you can keep the buff up. For AoE fights like assault you want to replace the class trinket with something else. The one from Zakkun or the one from Gorefiend are decent ones. Sorry, i don't know their names by heart. ^^
    I'm not sure how good those new heirloom trinkets are. If its the one that gives you 10% more damage vs demons, its probably worth using. Also the trinket you got, the rumbling pebble warforged with socket probably seems better than the UEH normal. Though this all depends on how well you will use it. I would stick with pebble and heirloom vs demons. Against non-demons swap it with UEH. Or, if you dont want to bother swapping just stick to the non-heirloom ones.

Anyways, if you want a precise answer you should just sim it on simcraft.
    Alright, thanks for the reply ^^

Retribution is an offspec, so I might not be entirely accurate on top-tier gaming, but basicly...

EDH: it's beauty is not only how easily you can get to 30 stacks on main target, but also the fact that Seal of Righteousness applies the burn to all secondary targets with melee swings in AoE/Cleave, so it's a solid choice for all situations.

Libram: if the fight does not require you to switch a lot, or if you are overgearing the fight and you raid leader doesn't care - then it's THE 2nd triknet to go, giving you a damage buff up to 20% with max ilvl version.

UeH: Is good and solid choice. If switching is the thing needed to be done - then replace Libram with it.

Heirloom: Same as UeH but also if the demons are around. Also, you can snipe kills with HoW if you can to extend the proc.

That said, I presume there's a sly tricksters who can switch while CS'ing the same target they attacked prior to switching via Marco/target swapping, but that's some mad skills and a little loss in damage on priority target, if that's what switching is about (think Infernals on Archimonde).
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Judex View Post
    Retribution is an offspec, so I might not be entirely accurate on top-tier gaming, but basicly...

EDH: it's beauty is not only how easily you can get to 30 stacks on main target, but also the fact that Seal of Righteousness applies the burn to all secondary targets with melee swings in AoE/Cleave, so it's a solid choice for all situations.

Libram: if the fight does not require you to switch a lot, or if you are overgearing the fight and you raid leader doesn't care - then it's THE 2nd triknet to go, giving you a damage buff up to 20% with max ilvl version.

UeH: Is good and solid choice. If switching is the thing needed to be done - then replace Libram with it.

Heirloom: Same as UeH but also if the demons are around. Also, you can snipe kills with HoW if you can to extend the proc.

That said, I presume there's a sly tricksters who can switch while CS'ing the same target they attacked prior to switching via Marco/target swapping, but that's some mad skills and a little loss in damage on priority target, if that's what switching is about (think Infernals on Archimonde).
    Thanks for the detailed reply, this is pretty much what I thought it would be, I'm not sure, but I assume the heirloom trinket gets outperformed once I get the Heroic versions of EDH/Libram/UeH, which hopefully won't be too long. (I'm finding it very hard to place some of those heirloom trinkets tbh.)