Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Microbeads don't do shit, and they're terrible for the environment. People just like them because it makes it seem like you're cleaning yourself more effectively. Good move by the administration.

Also the OP is a germophobe who doesn't understand that he carries more microbial weight in his body than the weight of his own cells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just switch to dead sea salt scrubs, you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I am apoplectic!! Today President Obama caved to the environmental nazis, and the republicans in congress allowed it when they sent him HR1321. Once again they they put another burdensome regulation on companies and make life more inconvenient for the citizens.

This bill bans the use of microbeads. Instead of outright banning them, they could have just said they couldnt make them out of plastic. I will NEVER be able to get myself clean again unless I want to shower using a steel wool sponge. Microbeads were the greatest revolution in hygiene products since bleach was invented. They just scrub you so good

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/...crobead_p.html

How about just make municipal wastewater plants filter wastewater more effectively
    Hyperbole much?

Microbeads do nothing for your cleanliness that a good bit of scrubbing wouldn't do. If you believe they magically make you cleaner than without them, you're just a victim of modern advertisement. That's the bit where they sell you shit you don't need.

The silly thing about microbeads is that they don't dissolve by themselves easily. Once they enter the water cycle, you'll find them in your food eventually. I really would appreciate not having to munch on tiny plastic balls in a couple of years.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Just switch to dead sea salt scrubs, you'll be fine.
    Is it -dead sea- salt, or -dead- sea salt. Because I don't want my salt to be alive and kicking when I use it to scrub myself.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    but what kind of cereal? fruity pebbles? fruit loops? or just plain old crazy flakes?
    fruit loops, but the really aweful off brand kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Bleach and lye. It's the only thing that truly cleans.
    And fire. Sweet, cleansing fire.
    Isn't that Chlorine gas? You trying to kill the Orlong?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi