Thread: hunter mm stats

hunter mm stats

So I usually just strictly raid but lately my son and I have been having a blast doing random bgs. So I noticed today, that my crit was pretty high 50+ percent fully buffed and thought perhaps I should be lower my crit and grab some mastery or versatility (currently have no versatility). If my only desire is to do maximum damage with survivability being second what should my stats be and what should be their ratios?

I had been told that I should spread the stats around but I just want to confirm this before buying my next conquest piece.

Deleted
    So yeah you are going MM you've already made the right choice
    The way i do it is Crit over 40% or so for that "soft cap" then try get as much Versa as possible, picking haste next for those aim shots- leaving mastery as the very lasy cause you don't stand around in pvp..
    If you want to see an example of this power check out my reply to this thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post38103608

Is your 40% crit buffed or unbuffed?

Deleted
    Full buff gets it close to close to 50

Awesome, thanks for the information.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by velkroe View Post
    So I usually just strictly raid but lately my son and I have been having a blast doing random bgs. So I noticed today, that my crit was pretty high 50+ percent fully buffed and thought perhaps I should be lower my crit and grab some mastery or versatility (currently have no versatility). If my only desire is to do maximum damage with survivability being second what should my stats be and what should be their ratios?

I had been told that I should spread the stats around but I just want to confirm this before buying my next conquest piece.
    If you only want to do damage, run with your raid gear especially HFC 4pc. I do Ashran casually in mostly raid gear and love it. Instant Aimed Shots + TotH = Nukefest.

You do want versa so that youre not a complete glass cannon. Big numbers are fun, but getting focus-killed at the start of every engagement sucks hard. "That's what healers are for!" --> healers stop healing people who die fast. I recommend grabbing one stun removal trinket and one other PvP trinket (I use the vers + agi proc trinket) for the 15% dmg reduction. Yes, they are a dps loss compared to raid trinkets, but you'll last longer. Multistrike, haste, and mastery are meh.

^^ that is exactly what I am doing. 4 set tier bonus is a lot of fun. I am now grabbing versatility. I agree dying super fast is not so fun.

If you look at Azortharian's guide in this forum, you can see an in-depth guide to MM including stat weights. Check it out. It's worth the read through.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanyn View Post
    If you look at Azortharian's guide in this forum, you can see an in-depth guide to MM including stat weights. Check it out. It's worth the read through.
    Another person, who hasn't read the opening post...

As for stat weights, in pvp, vers is your strongest stat. Crit only does 50% extra dmg, Ms has the chance for only one extra hit and because of having to move a lot more Mas is a waste aswell. The dmg reduction of vers is a welcomed bonus. As stated above, get 2 pvp trinckets and HfC Myth 4pc bonus, if possible. For random bgs, that should be more than enough to excel. But don't enter arenas with that setup.