View Poll Results: How do you feel about this turn of events?

Voters
66. This poll is closed
  • Wait till all the evidence is in before making judgement.

46 69.70%
  • Where there is smoke there is fire!

12 18.18%
  • I don't know, but this makes me sad.

6 9.09%
  • Other (Write in comments)

2 3.03%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Bill Cosby to face sexual assault charges

(CNN)[Breaking news update at 10:17 a.m.]

Bill Cosby has been charged with aggravated indecent assault in Pennsylvania, the Montgomery County District Attorney's Office said Wednesday. The charge is a felony.

[Original story posted at 10:11 a.m.]

A prosecutor in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, plans to announce a decision on Wednesday on whether to file charges against Bill Cosby in a case in which someone alleged that he sexually assaulted her.

The Montgomery County District Attorney's Office and the Cheltenham Township Police Department have scheduled a news conference for Wednesday morning.

Cosby has been dogged by allegations of sexual assault. More than 40 women have come forward to publicly accuse Cosby, 78, of assaulting them over four decades, most saying he drugged them first. No criminal charges have been filed against him. He has denied wrongdoing.

Cosby filed a countersuit this month against seven women who had accused him of sexual assault and sued him for defamation. Cosby said the women's accusations hurt his reputation so much that plans for a new family comedy on NBC were derailed.

On December 15, Cosby sued Beverly Johnson, a pioneering African-American supermodel who accused Cosby in 2014 of sexual misconduct that she says happened years ago; Johnson says the comedian drugged and tried to rape her at her New York home in the mid-1980s.

Cosby's lawsuit says Johnson joined other women making accusations against him to revive her waning career and to help sell copies of her memoir.

The lawsuit alleges defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress, saying Cosby and Johnson never spent any time alone in his house, he never drugged her and "her story is a lie."

"I am aware of the statements from Bill Cosby," Johnson said in a statement. "In cases of rape and abuse, abusers will do whatever they can to intimidate and weaken their victims to force them to stop fighting. I ask for your support of all of the victims involved."
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/30/us/bil...nia/index.html

Yeah, kind of surprises me so many people are surprised, that an actor, isn't actually the character they play on TV.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2015-12-30 at 03:33 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Bebety Babety, zoom my way to the jail house aye!

Deleted
    I'll wait for the trial to finish before judging. What the f do I know about what he did.

I mean if these are all 30+ year old incidents I find it difficult to imagine that any real evidence exists that would lead to any kind of conviction.

I'm willing to bet the majority of celebrities and intentional millionaires (excludes inherited/accidental) probably have some serious f'd up habits and skeletons in the closet. What I've found strange is some people who preach one thing, to the point you'd consider them the leading source of knowledge, are the biggest culprits to what they preach against.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I'll wait for the trial to finish before judging. What the f do I know about what he did.
    Why do you need to wait for the trial to finish? You don't have a brain? Does your brain think that 40 random women just started to accuse Billy for nothing? OK, if there would be one, two, three, thirteen women. But FORTY???? He's obviously guilty and obviously it will be impossible to prove in a regular court, so there's nothing to wait for...

Some of the cases seam legit, some are just women who want their 15 min of fame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Very true and very good point, but this being the internet, everybody has a law degree

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I completely agree, but it's still worrying when you have so many women coming out to accuse him from the last 40 or 50 years. Right now I don't really know what happened, but I do know he's admitted to using ludes with women to get them in the mood. That's pretty similar to giving them roofies. All the other stories, including the secret tunnel at the Playboy Mansion used to sneak out victims, are just hearsay at this point though.
    Paul Nungesser had 4 people claim he raped him and that fell apart. Just saying volume can be meaningless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It was a lot more than just a TV persona. The guy would call up people, like Eddie Murphy, and tell them how they should be conducting themselves in their lives. He should have shut the fuck up and had a coke. If he's guilty I hope it comes out and he ends his miserable life in a cell.
    Yeah, I have to agree 100%, with that being the consequence, but in some ways, I kind of wonder if in the end IF he is convicted, I think humanity REALLY needs to get it through their heads that NOBODY is perfect, and despite that, MOST people bust their ass every day to do the best they can and do pretty fucking good considering all the shit in life that can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah, I have to agree 100%, with that being the consequence, but in some ways, I kind of wonder if in the end IF he is convicted, I think humanity REALLY needs to get it through their heads that NOBODY is perfect, and despite that, MOST people bust their ass every day to do the best they can and do pretty fucking good considering all the shit in life that can happen.
    Yeah I hate when I'm interacting with other humans and somebody asks "What's your favorite celebrity!?!?!?!"

I think celebrity worship is one of the biggest flaws in the human psyche.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    The usa's very own Jimmy Savile.
    He isn't in the same league as our Jimmy, he had access to hospitals, was protected from up on high and even fucked dead bodies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Look, if drugging someone in order to have sex with them is a crime, we're all guilty, aren't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Look, if drugging someone in order to have sex with them is a crime, we're all guilty, aren't we?
    Speak for yourself, Bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    He isn't in the same league as our Jimmy, he had access to hospitals, was protected from up on high and even fucked dead bodies.
    Yank entertainers have always been a bit more sanitised than ours.

Puttin' Pops!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

It's hard to tell. I would prefer to wait till the evidence is in to make a judgement. A lot of women have stepped up but given the current social climate I am skeptical. When you consider the two people that stepped up in the "mattress girl" incident because they felt obligated to give support or the person that defended James Deen but then was forced to retract it because her gender obligates her to agree with other women.

I could see it being true but I want to take a wait and see approach.

I don't think its going to lead anywhere. The case or whatever happened in 2004. The state of PA has a 12 year statute of limitations. They have to file before the new years in order for it to be heard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    I think this was taken out of context. I could be interpreting this wrong but the question was loaded. He said that he has used ludes to spice up the sex. He said he has taken drugs and given drugs to girls and then had sex. Yes it sounds bad but I have fucked girls when we were both on molly/weed/alcohol/opiates. It was a mutual thing. I didn't drug them to fuck them. I could be wrong though. Did he say he gave it to them without them knowing like he slipped it in their drink?

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    He claims both sex and drug taking were consensual.
    Ok that's what I thought and that's why I didn't like when they asked him that question and then twisted it on him. I don't know if hes innocent or guilty and I don't really care. I just don't think that was fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find the Bill Cosby rapey jokes funny, but he still innocent till proven guilty.