View Poll Results: How do you feel about this turn of events?

Voters
66. This poll is closed
  • Wait till all the evidence is in before making judgement.

46 69.70%
  • Where there is smoke there is fire!

12 18.18%
  • I don't know, but this makes me sad.

6 9.09%
  • Other (Write in comments)

2 3.03%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll still love him as Heathcliff Huxtable though even if he is found to be a rapinator.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2015-12-30 at 05:42 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Why do you need to wait for the trial to finish? You don't have a brain? Does your brain think that 40 random women just started to accuse Billy for nothing? OK, if there would be one, two, three, thirteen women. But FORTY???? He's obviously guilty and obviously it will be impossible to prove in a regular court, so there's nothing to wait for...
    Here, let me turn your stupid logic back on you a bit. You honestly believe that 40+ women held this secret for this long and not a single one bothered to say or do anything until now? Decades this was apparently happening and not a single "victim" came forward or said a single word to anyone until one day, one random woman decided to accuse him of it and made headline. Suddenly many more come out of the woodwork. You would be amazed at what people will do or say to get a payout or make front page news.

Look at Patrick Kane for example. He makes millions of dollars a year. He gets accused of sexual assault, but oddly enough it all goes away once he makes a nice big payment to the girl. If you were assaulted sexually would you not want the person to be punished? I know I would. "YOU TIDDLED MY DIDDLY I WANT JUSTICE" *Hands over several hundred thousand dollars* "Ok, all the emotional turmoil is now gone because MONEY!!"

Until there is concrete proof other than a bunch of random bozos crawling out of the gutters, like a game of follow the leader, to suddenly accuse him, he is innocent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never was a fan of Cosby, but this reeks of opportunism.

I mean, it's all set up for profit, just look:

1. These girls were under the influence of something during sex.
    2. Cosby is rich.
    3. All of these events happened a long time ago.
    4. The current cultural climate is extremely sympathetic to rape victims.

Literally all these women have to do is claim that they didn't consent to the drug taking, and Cosby becomes a serial rapist, and they all profit. There is essentially no risk for these women to make these claims, because they can't be proven wrong. On the other hand, Cosby is already ruined in both life and legacy.

I wonder what would happen if money was no longer awarded to victims of rape, and instead they just got counseling and justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    Here, let me turn your stupid logic back on you a bit. You honestly believe that 40+ women held this secret for this long and not a single one bothered to say or do anything until now? Decades this was apparently happening and not a single "victim" came forward or said a single word to anyone until one day, one random woman decided to accuse him of it and made headline. Suddenly many more come out of the woodwork. You would be amazed at what people will do or say to get a payout or make front page news.

Look at Patrick Kane for example. He makes millions of dollars a year. He gets accused of sexual assault, but oddly enough it all goes away once he makes a nice big payment to the girl. If you were assaulted sexually would you not want the person to be punished? I know I would. "YOU TIDDLED MY DIDDLY I WANT JUSTICE" *Hands over several hundred thousand dollars* "Ok, all the emotional turmoil is now gone because MONEY!!"

Until there is concrete proof other than a bunch of random bozos crawling out of the gutters, like a game of follow the leader, to suddenly accuse him, he is innocent.
    This. Also the fact that in the 80s I feel like it would be extremely easy as a white women to get a black man arrested and at least sent to trial for rape. Even if he is famous.

Hack off his balls and throw him in a pit!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Hack off his balls and throw him in a pit!
    yep this is totally rational and not barbaric at all

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    yep this is totally rational and not barbaric at all
    And drugging women and raping them is?

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Yeah I hate when I'm interacting with other humans and somebody asks "What's your favorite celebrity!?!?!?!"

I think celebrity worship is one of the biggest flaws in the human psyche.
    I couldn't agree more... I will never understand why you can be more popular pretending to be a doctor than actually being one...

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    And drugging women and raping them is?
    Do we know that he did that?

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Never was a fan of Cosby, but this reeks of opportunism.

I mean, it's all set up for profit, just look:

1. These girls were under the influence of something during sex.
    2. Cosby is rich.
    3. All of these events happened a long time ago.
    4. The current cultural climate is extremely sympathetic to rape victims.

Literally all these women have to do is claim that they didn't consent to the drug taking, and Cosby becomes a serial rapist, and they all profit. There is essentially no risk for these women to make these claims, because they can't be proven wrong. On the other hand, Cosby is already ruined in both life and legacy.

I wonder what would happen if money was no longer awarded to victims of rape, and instead they just got counseling and justice.
    A slight drop in reports. It'd drop more if they didn't have the potential for media tours and book deals. Or trips to the State of the Union Address.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I'll wait for the trial to finish before judging. What the f do I know about what he did.
    You know he admitted to drugging them, right?

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Wrong. He admitted to doing drugs with them consensually. According to him, they both agreed to take drugs. Then they both agreed to have sex. That's not drugging them and taking advantage of them. People do that all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    he admitted to giving them drugs.
    You apparently cannot tell the difference between those two statements.

Next up in the Feminist campaign trail.

Jack and Jill got stoned. Jack and Jill hook up. Jack gets arrested for rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Next up in the Feminist campaign trail.

Jack and Jill got stoned. Jack and Jill hook up. Jack gets arrested for rape.
    Thats the thing that makes me angry about this whole story. Yes he admitted to giving them drugs and having sex. Seriously, who has not done that ? Who has not bought a drink to a girl in a bar to get in her panties. Almost everyone has done that, if then having sex with said girl is rape, most men in the western world are rapists.

Stop jumping to conclusions people.

Don't care about this, it's a distraction from far more important issues so people should just ignore the Cosby Bread and Circus and focus on real world problems.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Why do you need to wait for the trial to finish? You don't have a brain? Does your brain think that 40 random women just started to accuse Billy for nothing? OK, if there would be one, two, three, thirteen women. But FORTY???? He's obviously guilty and obviously it will be impossible to prove in a regular court, so there's nothing to wait for...
    Or you know, it could be because they wanted a huge payout like in the Sandusky case and realized that with a bunch of "victims" and the amount of time that had passed, the burden of proof would be pretty low if he was found guilty at least once early on?

I'm not saying he didn't do it, I'm just saying I'm really skeptical that if he did it, he did it 40 times. Saying "he's obviously guilty" just because there are a lot of accusations is just ignorant.

Please don't televise the trial. Please don't televise the trial. Please don't televise the trial...

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    Please don't televise the trial. Please don't televise the trial. Please don't televise the trial...
    They need to televise it. It's the only way. And turn it into a Cosby Show episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Or you know, it could be because they wanted a huge payout like in the Sandusky case and realized that with a bunch of "victims" and the amount of time that had passed, the burden of proof would be pretty low if he was found guilty at least once early on?

I'm not saying he didn't do it, I'm just saying I'm really skeptical that if he did it, he did it 40 times. Saying "he's obviously guilty" just because there are a lot of accusations is just ignorant.
    That would be all fine and dandy if it was a room full of 20-30 some poor models looking for a payout. Some of these women accusing him don't need a payout.