RAF rewards using WoW tokens are great

I bought 5 new accounts with the 5$ sale and was able to trade gold to those toons and purchase 2 tokens on each account which I then got rewarded the 5 mounts from the RAF rewards.

If you don't believe me, there is a blue post confirming it months ago here.

So in total I got 5 mounts and 5 months of gametime for 25$ and 350k gold (35k a token in the US).

I was able to save 150$ using tokens instead of buying game time twice for each account.

Pretty sweet!
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good to know there is a path for those who want to do it without spending more money than the minimum! (...Unless the time you spend farming gold would net more money to buy gold than the actual gold farmed.)

Quote Originally Posted by BotFen View Post
    Good to know there is a path for those who want to do it without spending more money than the minimum! (...Unless the time you spend farming gold would net more money to buy gold than the actual gold farmed.)
    If you make anything over minimum wage then it would. The exception being if you have a really cheesy way to make gold like you are the raid leader of a guild and can pocket entire Mythic Archimonde mount sales, or have a good challenge mode group and make 15k a pop. Then it would break even if you make less than $20 an hour.

Though some peoples free time isn't that valuable to them and/or have no money to spare, so putting in extra hours of free time that they wouldn't be able to just go throw at work to buy the stuff is worth it. Then there are those that actually find gold farming to be fun.

Nice trick, sadly on the EU token prices are balancing around 60k. So a total of 600k is kinda painful (and I don't even own that much). So unless I strike a true gold mine sometime soon, I won't be reaching that. :P But its nice for the people that have like 3 toons with the gold cap!

Yeh ill do same on EU with 4 new accounts (so ill have full party)... then ill multibox them to 90 with raf xp boost, then grant levels on main account chars and you can create crap loads of 90s for much less then 50e/char boost, it does takes little bit effort thought and those 90s are then like 2h away from being 100
    Last edited by SoLoR1; 2015-12-31 at 10:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only issue with that is you wont receive the rewards until after the second token is activated.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only issue with that is you wont receive the rewards until after the second token is activated.
    From my experience you receive the rewards 7 days after you have applied the two tokens to your account. You don't have to wait for it to be active.

I only need the Zebra and the Hippogryph so I'll probably do that when I get home from work, 10 bucks and 140k is nothing.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    RaF says you have to buy a full version. Is that 5$ pack a full version?
    Although, you can RaF once per Day, so you send yourself a RaF invite (your bnet with your main + new accs) and accept this invite (=link) with each new license?

Yes, the $5 pack counts as full version. I just did it.
    I talked to a GM and he/she said I could send multiple RAF today if I wanted. Also I just sent a 2nd one to myself minutes after the first one - no issues. I haven't upgraded it to a full version yet, but it let me send + create WoW4 like on WoW3. Edit: Yep just did 4 accounts in total today, all RAF+upgraded+paid, confirmed with GM all are eligible for rewards in 7 days. Yay \o/

Also I asked GM about when I get the mount reward. It is 7 days after the 2nd token is activated. I activated both mine instantly, then made a new ticket to confirm, and GM told me my account was eligible for the mount and I will recieve it in 7 days.

Nobody should have unanswered questions now, I hope.
    Last edited by Amantino; 2016-01-02 at 06:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible to purchase the new accounts and raf link them to my main account whilst they are being sold at a discount and keep them "dormant" until I can better afford adding the required 2 months subscription time with tokens to get the raf rewards?

Quote Originally Posted by Arch0s View Post
    Is it possible to purchase the new accounts and raf link them to my main account whilst they are being sold at a discount and keep them "dormant" until I can better afford adding the required 2 months subscription time with tokens to get the raf rewards?
    Not sure where i read it, but i read it somewhere that it should be possible.