Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    It started with those "minion" memes on facebook and now they attempt to do it with all memes, I've seen it as well. It's like a whole new generation has discovered 9gag/memebase and use memes even though they don't understand what they stand for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    It started with those "minion" memes on facebook and now they attempt to do it with all memes, I've seen it as well. It's like a whole new generation has discovered 9gag/memebase and use memes even though they don't understand what they stand for.
    9gag is nothing but that bear picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Anyone notice how many incorrect memes (images with a sentence or a paragraph) keep coming up on FB? I have friends all over the political spectrum, and I notice that they all post memes, 99% of which seem to be bullshit. Anyone else notice this trend?
    it's facebook. what did you expect? an intelligent conversation?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had to block my Mom because of how much BS she likes on Facebook. So much misinformation it's sickening. Just today the guys at work were showing each other a pic that was taken around here of Chupacabra.

Their demographic is everyone from across the globe. Say a billion users from all walks of life. Our demographic is maybe limited to a few thousand users, primarily contrarian, fueled by debate, deluded by ego, aged 15-40, and Google University educated.

Most of the stuff my friends post regarding politics, or "facts", or whatever tends to be BS, some I correct with links, it's not even tough to look up for validity, and their reasoning always seems to be "just in case" or "I didn't have time to verify". I probably need new friends.

Wow you guys have shitty friends on facebook. i don't think I have any of these problems.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Anyone notice how many incorrect memes (images with a sentence or a paragraph) keep coming up on FB? I have friends all over the political spectrum, and I notice that they all post memes, 99% of which seem to be bullshit. Anyone else notice this trend?
    Being funny is the new "being right" on the internet, don't you know? Finally we found something to replace logic and reason with!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I have not used my original facebook account actively since 2011 and I have made it a habit not to go to there anymore.

Through the grapevine I heard some people that I once though were really nice and reasonable folks, turned into complete assholes as the 2012 election neared.

Fuck that bullshit. I didn't build a worldwide gaming network to talk about how much hatred people have for Obama or Romney.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mostly stay on to talk to friends, but I still see tons of those posts. The image with some text with no source type.

10+ Year Old Account
    Internet Memes...because people today have attention spans that can only be measured in nanoseconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    i haven't used facebook in years.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I don't really bother with Facebook. I only use it to keep in touch with a select few family and friends. I generally just keep quiet about my political views since a lot of the stuff I see posted by my contacts is either stuff I disagree with, poorly researched or just generally very biased.

I'd say a disappointing number of people don't need anything other than a catchy headline to either set their position on something, or re-affirm it without a second thought as to the consequences of it.

The folks that yell loudly for churches to be taxed is a prime example.