PSN & Region crap

Hello everyone, so the thing is

I own 2 PSN accounts, one with US REGION and one with EU REGION.

Now with the PS4 being releases.
    I am making my EU account the main one (for trophies and game progression being in 1 place purposes)

So im mainly buying games with PAL code written on the box (PEGI something badge on the front)

Cool story I know. This is where my suspicion/problem comes in.

I'm a freak that loves getting special editions of video games for the Statues/Metal Cases/other stuff that comes with the game. And recently I found a store selling collectors editions for games like Uncharted 4, Mirrors Edge: Catalyst, Dark Souls III (pre order reserving of course) but this store only selling US (ESRB something) games. So i think that (obviously) I may not be able to redeem any DLC codes contained in the games (if there is any) on my account that is going to be my main one (EU)

So what im thinking of is that I log in my US account and redeem any codes (while making it the "primary account" on my ps4, and then use that DLC on my EU Account. Does this work ?? This region shit really needs to be removed, theres no freaken difference anyway...

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not to worry, once you've downloaded any US DLC, you can play it using your EU account. Assuming, of course, that the DLC is the same region as the main game, which it surely is since it's included in the box.

At the very least, that's how it worked on PS3 (confirmed myself with my US version of Tales of Graces and some of its DLC), so I can't imagine they changed that for PS4.

This is how it works. If you have a EU copy of Bloodborne the DLC content must also be EU or it will not work. The same if its US copy and US DLC.

So in your case lets say you like the EU special edition of Bloodborne and want to use its DLC. Do both with a EU account and collector your trophys on a US account. You will be fine doing this. As long as the DLC matchs the games region you are good to go.

So if you want all the trophys on your EU account thats fine. Just make sure whatever region you buy the game from you got a account with that region to redeem the DLC.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I ended up with an EU copy of a game once (I'm in the US). I had to make an EU PSN account to purchase and download the DLC for it, but the only hard part was finding an EU vendor that took American credit cards to buy a PSN card :P. Otherwise I played it on my US account with no issue.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Thanks for the replies folks, much appreciated. Back to the hassle that is 2 accounts juggling it is then xD

I know that feel. Bought JP version of Disgaea5 when it first came out and found out just how badly Sony didn't want my money, as it were. The only way I could manage it was, as you said, a JP PSN game card applied to the account. Play Asia has like a 125% markup on them, but a fellow staffer at a game con tipped me off to Solaris Japan selling them at a much more modest 20% markup.