Advice on Gaming laptop for WoW <1.500$

I'm in the market for a new laptop. Any advice on which ones to get for playing WoW would be appreciated. In this price range the Intel i7-6700HQ + Nvidia Geforce 960M seem to be the most common option. Which brand/make/model do you recommend? Please, don't suggest desktop rigs. I need the mobility.

I usually recommend Sager Gaming Laptops. They seem to strike the best balance between size, fan accostics, and proformance. I think you could find a 6700hq and a 980m from them for 1500 if you find a deal. A 970m for standard prices.

They won't be desktop equals in power of course. But they will dominate WoW.

Deleted
    From my experience keep your hands away from HP, ACER laptops.
    Try to find something that looks solid, the build is really important due to heat issues for gaming laptops.

http://www.amazon.com/MSI-15-6-Inch-...ct_top?ie=UTF8
    looks good
    Last edited by mmoc4ea3ad99ad; 2015-12-31 at 02:43 PM.

Anyone experience with the Asus ROG series?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I usually recommend Sager Gaming Laptops. They seem to strike the best balance between size, fan accostics, and proformance. I think you could find a 6700hq and a 980m from them for 1500 if you find a deal. A 970m for standard prices.
    Here in Europe computers cost more

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Anyone experience with the Asus ROG series?

- - - Updated - - -

Here in Europe computers cost more
    Ahh I always forget the Euro computer hate. One day.. even my buddy in Canada has to deal with that.

My experience with ROG laptops is good. It's a quality product. But you pay the "asus" tax which usually means less for more. Sager and MSI are usually better bang for the buck.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2015-12-31 at 02:48 PM.

I can tell you from experience, if you don't wast your money, the Asus Rog is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Ahh I always forget the Euro computer hate. One day.. even my buddy in Canada has to deal with that.

My experience with ROG laptops is good. It's a quality product. But you pay the "asus" tax which usually means less for more. Sager and MSI are usually better bang for the buck.
    This: Asus is good, but you'll be paying extra for the brand-name.

MSI is a pretty solid alternative (getting similar/same for less)

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    This: Asus is good, but you'll be paying extra for the brand-name.

MSI is a pretty solid alternative (getting similar/same for less)
    It's all just anecdotal, but I have heard people that have issues with the quality of MSI. I have never heard of any quality issues from ASUS though. I also hear great things about Sager.

ASUS ROG G751JT
    17.3 inch IPS 1920 x 1080
    2.5 GHz Core i7-4710HQ
    NVIDIA GTX 970M 3GB DDR5
    1 TB 7200RPM 16GB RAM

http://pc4u.org/best-gaming-laptop/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    I'm in the market for a new laptop. Any advice on which ones to get for playing WoW would be appreciated. In this price range the Intel i7-6700HQ + Nvidia Geforce 960M seem to be the most common option. Which brand/make/model do you recommend? Please, don't suggest desktop rigs. I need the mobility.
    If you really need the mobility and are on a relative budget you could go for the Asus ROG GL552VW-CN108T;

- gtx960m
    - i7-6700HQ
    - 16gb DDR4
    - IPS panel
    - €999

While it looks better than any MSI variant, it's still not very pretty But that's usually the case with "gaming" devices.
    Last edited by mmoc47927e0cdb; 2016-01-15 at 01:11 PM.

Deleted
    just keep in mind that the build quality of that laptop is not the best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    just keep in mind that the build quality of that laptop is not the best.
    True, they're all so... plasticky.

The only decent looking gaming laptops I've seen so far are Razer's Blade laptops. Personally, I'd love an Apple gaming laptop. No one trumps them in design, imo.

I have one of these and i like it http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...ilpage_o02_s00
    I got it on amazon for around $1,500 *but I know depending on area the price can be different

From what I've read online the i7-6700HQ didn't give that much\big advantage over the i7-4720HQ, plus I wanted the 980m

Intel Core i7-4720HQ 2.6GHz (turbo up to 3.6 GHz). 16 GB RAM.
    1 TB 7200RPM Hard Drive + 128 GB Solid State Drive.
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M with 4GB DDR5 VRAM (G-Sync)
    17.3" IPS FHD matte display (1920x1080) with built in G-sync hardware.
    Gigabit dual-band 802.11AC ultra-fast Wi-Fi. 10/100/10000 Gigabit ethernet
    4x USB 3.0, 1x Thunderbolt 2, 1x HDMI, 1x VGA/Mini D-sub 15-pin, 1x SPDIF, 1x Headphone-out, 1x Mic-in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    True, they're all so... plasticky.

The only decent looking gaming laptops I've seen so far are Razer's Blade laptops. Personally, I'd love an Apple gaming laptop. No one trumps them in design, imo.
    The dell XPS 15 looks pretty amazing. You do pay for that tho, i5 6300HQ +960m for 1600 euro. But damn, it looks good.

If you're under tight budget you can go for Lenovo B50-45 (http://www.tufitech.com/gaming/best-...top-under-300/). 15.6 inches, 2 GHz AMD A series, 500GB HDD. Pretty decent.