Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Steam DRM is bullshit which is trivially broken by any cracker group. I don't see problems with publishers requiring more secure options.

Strangely this issue has never come up. I haven't had the desire to buy any Ubisoft games.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Steam DRM is bullshit which is trivially broken by any cracker group. I don't see problems with publishers requiring more secure options.
    The problem is that it limits legit users while doing nothing to those who can get a crack. DRM is not consumer friendly at all.

With that said everyone has 3 options A) Buy it B) Buy it on Console or C) Don't buy it. The only way to show companys your pissed is to hurt there wallet.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Then they shouldn't use Steam then. Just stick with either Steam or uPlay/other software.

I use Steam, Battlenet launcher, Origins, and Uplay. No idea what the issue is. I never leave any of them running, I launch them when I want to play them. If it is an origins game, I buy it with that client, if it is Uplay, I buy it with that client, all other I buy with Steam. It just seems to me that people look for things to complain about.
    "Peace is a lie"

DRM as a whole has time and time again been shown to be a flawed concept overall (Old floppys, CDs, DVDs, VHS or even magnetic tapes), as owning 70% of a huge market is almost always better than owning 98% of a smaller market.

Every so often a new technology comes about and Hollywood (the collective term for Game/Music/Movie companies) gets scared again that their sales would plummet. But in reality, those who implemented the most obtrusive or strongest DRM were the ones that had to pack up the shop.