Making a Specific TellMeWhen Icon

Hey guys,

I've been trying for hours to make a TellMeWhen Icon that shows the duration of a buff when I have it on and when the buff expires, the cooldown of the spell that applies that buff is then shown instead. Anyone know how to do this? I tried making it work by using two separate icons that overlap each other but it didn't help much because the texts overlap each other and it's hard to read clearly.

Been a while since I've logged in, but to the best of my knowledge you can't do this in a single TellMeWhen. What you should be able to do though is have the two that you were using and put a condition on them so that they don't show up when the other one is active.

I don't know how to do that exactly. But for me as a combat rogue, I just keep them side by side, so that the duration only shows up when I have it applied.

I think I figured it out now, I had to split the icons into separate groups instead of having them in the same group. That allowed me to set a group condition separately for each of them. Thanks for the help! I think your comment might have helped me see it in a different way lol.

I was going to suggest stacking two groups ontop of each other as you originally tried. It should work just fine that way.

While you may have figured out a working solution with TMW... it would also be my advice to use Weak Auras for things such as this as it is handled much easier with that addon.

Good to hear you have it resolved, though.

Deleted
    You can just make two icons with "always hide" and then show them in a meta icon, with the buff first and cooldown second.