Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Weakauras] Prot Aura Suite

Prot updated: Dec. 8th Prot updated for Legion, likely won't update my Holy set. Tell me what you think, open to suggestions.

Update:
    Added a much improved HP bar that shows absorbs and heal prediction. Added GCD's on icons. Added a Grand Crusader proc tracker with sound. Updated to newest Light of the Protector (post hotfix nerfs)

Prot Gif

Download HERE

Wago link for download
    https://wago.io/NkvnM7w_-

These are my other Weak Aura sets
    Warrior, Mage, Hunter, Death Knight & Warlock
    Last edited by khakhan; 2016-12-08 at 12:40 PM.

Updated Prot pally. Ding's when Seraphim has 4sec remaining, reminding to pool for holy power. Also, added Hammer of Wrath over Consecrate when mobs are below 20%.

Not getting much interest in these aura's though. Missing some key information? Just too plain of aura's? Don't like the presentation? Looking to improve them.

Pretty cool looking but it's super late. Theck and sloot's have been around so long you're of trying to reinvent the wheel. They are nice though and I'm probably going to shamelessly steal an element or two to incorporate into my own.

I think it's fine to release this late. Sure, a lot of people won't switch as they're already comfortable with what they have till legion. However plenty of people will be switching to alts now and will go in search of some good weak auras. I haven't tried them myself yet, but it does look like you've put a lot into them. Thank you for sharing your work with us.

Oh, also like the others have said be sure to make sure people can tell who made them so they can come back for more and give feedback.

Edit:
    I just wanted to add that I tested the prot set yesterday and found it quite nice.

The life bar is a bit small for my taste so I used my normal one beneath it but that's just personal preference. It also took me a few minutes to realize the fifth holy power circle wasn't broken and was in fact just turning a different shade. Otherwise I liked how it flowed. SotR and SS timers were nicely placed. The WoG heal indicator was also well defined. The only thing I think I'd add would be a small utility section to show the cd on our other hand abilities, but I can just as easily do that with another set of auras. Thanks for a great set, I'll report back if I think of anything else!
    Last edited by OzenzenO; 2016-01-20 at 07:23 PM.

Thanks for checking them out and for the advice Ozen. Been playing lots of diablo lately but I will likely get back into my aura's. For the holy power I just like failsafes to make sure I don't go over. You're right about the hands, at least for Freedom & Protection, should have them show up somehow.

As for the others, I know it's not the ideal time for release. Looks like I need to rethink how the holy setup works, just a different frame of mind. Also should post some of the more advanced aura's separately.

Quote Originally Posted by khakhan View Post
    Looks like I need to rethink how the holy setup works, just a different frame of mind.
    Now I already have my own setup so I wouldn't get this regardless, but if I did go looking for a set of WA's I would still have to make changes to yours so I might as well build my own. I get the impression that this set is not made for people that use mouse over-macros in one way or another (classical macros, clique, random raid frame replacer, what ever the case might be) because of the way you display absorbs and what I assume is an Eternal Flame tracker? The tracker for absorbs on target is just not relevant in a raid setting (which is what I do, and hence that is my point of view) so it's just clutter, if you are interested in absorbs on a target it would be better to display that on raid frames to get a better idea overall instead of having to click through your entire raid. Same goes for Eternal Flame, you should not have to target people to know if they have your hot on them. Also a note there is that WA is only relevant if you play EF, without that it will be a lonely little hole there As far as the Holy Prism tracker the enemy you should cast it on doesn't need to have a target for it to be effective, so that load condition doesn't make any sense, it would be better to have Holy Prism in a macro to always target an enemy if that is something you struggle with.

The rest of my critique is purely aesthetic and therefor subjective, but it bothers me that there is no symmetry, but again, highly personal opinion.

Thanks for evaluating without simply saying "I hate them" which would have been easy for you to say. You're right I didn't take into proper account the raid frames, which are a huge, if not the biggest, UI component for healers. You just want auras that can compliment that, not try to take your focus away. My excellent healer friend for example only shows buttons if they're on cooldown and basically has the raid frames front and just below center with some very minimal auras to make sure judgment is up or if a proc occurred, that kind of thing. I don't think id ever go that far but it needs a rework, knowing that the raid frames are a healer's primary focus. Both the eternal flame auras and the absorb tracker certainly would go.
    As for the holy prism concept, it's written as if you were using the macro I posted. Where either you (the player) or your target needs to be targeting an enemy or it simply won't cast. The enemy doesn't need to be targeting anything. If the macro wouldn't work then I want Holy Prism to show up red to alert you the conditions aren't met. Basically this would only happen if you targeted other healers or yourself and tried to holy prism... but, that happens.

Just wanted to say thanks for these. I have been using your warrior WA for a while now.

I just wanted to say thanks, i love your holy pally layout and am taking it for my new pally toon so thanks.

Thanks guys, I should be back for Legion, time will tell. Enjoy yourselves

Deleted
    Some update for prot paly in Legion ?

Updated Prot for Legion. Should work in any language WoW client.

Prot Paladin
    https://wago.io/NkvnM7w_-

Deleted
    Thank you for the great job on those wa!

Aw you deleted the old holy paly WAs. I really liked those, any chance of an update for legion?

Update: Aug. 17th
    Fixed Avenging Wrath icon and updated the Light of the Protector aura to account for the latest hotfix

Update Sep. 30th:
    Added a much improved HP bar that shows absorbs and heal prediction. Added GCD's on icons. Added a Grand Crusader proc tracker with sound. Updated to newest Light of the Protector (post hotfix nerfs)

HP Bar.
    Green bar = HP
    White bar = Absorbs
    Blue bar = Predicted HP with LotP heal
    Purple bar = Absorbs over 100% hp.
    Last edited by khakhan; 2016-09-30 at 07:56 PM.

Update Dec. 8th: Finally updated Judgment to handle 2 charges. Most spells with a cooldown now will show up out of combat if you have an enemy targeted.

Thanks a lot for this great set of Auras. I upgraded to the new version you put out and Id like to know how to set the spells with CD's back to not showing unless Im in combat as the last version did. Also how can I shrink the whole set a bit as I find it a bit large. Be great if in a later version you could add in an aura for Blinding Light as well.

any Ret strings for WeakAura trying to find some good Ret strings