Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

I don't enjoy gaming as much as I did and I dislike this

Hi,

The past few month's I am playing WoW and other games (HS, MGS V, SW Battlefront, Bloodborne, Fallout 4, The witcher 3, you name it) with a lack of fun and I don't EVER feel like I should finish a game which is so sad because at the same time I love new and old videogames and it's my greatest hobby ever. I don't know why I am disliking it atm but I am buying lots of games without finishing them, in the hope of finding a game that I like to play again , however I noticed this isn't a very good strategy and especially not for your wallet. The last game I completed with much fun was Arkham Knight (but that's also because I am a batman/arkham fanboy). I hope I can get some good tips how I can get "into the game" ( see what I did there ) again. A friend of mine said it's about priotising and that I should firstly do all my stuff which I feel like its more important before I start my gaming session, but i dont know.

Greetings,
    Kacheng

Nothing can be made, since its just the way gaming industry works nowadays. Instead of creating beautiful immersive games with deep story and game systems developers waste most of their budget on pseudorealistic graphics and marketing tricks to lure people into early preorders, so little to no money usually is left to design the actual game.

So, my advice is: switch to indie games, they rock.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-01-01 at 10:56 AM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    You are probably just burned on gaming; happens to people from time to time. Give up gaming for a few weeks, do something else in the meantime - and after that you will jump back with a new rigor.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Nothing can be made, since its just the way gaming industry works nowadays. Instead of creating beautiful immersive games with deep story and game systems developers waste most of their budget on pseudorealistic graphics and marketing tricks to lure people into early preorders, so little to no money usually is left to design the actual game.

Bullshit, indie market is flooded with utter crap...for every good indie game there are 100 that are a quick cash grab, just as with any genre. Indie is dead, it's mostly big companies who make "indie" games now because they saw a growing market.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Bullshit, indie market is flooded with utter crap...for every good indie game there are 100 that are a quick cash grab, just as with any genre. Indie is dead, it's mostly big companies who make "indie" games now because they saw a growing market.
    I don't know, once in a while you see a pearl through all those indies. Do you for example know of Undertale?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    You are probably just burned on gaming; happens to people from time to time. Give up gaming for a few weeks, do something else in the meantime - and after that you will jump back with a new rigor.
    I think I am indeed burned on gaming. But not gaming for a few weeks that's just... Insane for my standards! :P I will give it a shot and have a break.

- - - Updated - - -

Although I agree the gaming industry is not what is should be at this moment, I still love gaming and there are certain AAA titles which I am sure they won't dissapoint me even with the state of the industry atm. Uncharted 4, Street Fighter V, Sea Of Thieves, WoW: Legion, The Last Guardian are all games I am very looking forward to.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

Utter bullshit.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kacheng View Post
    I think I am indeed burned on gaming. But not gaming for a few weeks that's just... Insane for my standards! :P I will give it a shot and have a break.
    Yes, it is not always comfortable. I usually just leave a couple of old games I would play from time to time, to not completely give up gaming, but also to have enough rest from my main games. After a few weeks, I am good to go back!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

The Witcher 3 isn't a good game now? If it'ss not good enough for the OP then he obviously just needs a break from games in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

That's OK. I used to play video games all day when I was a kid and almost don't play at all any more. Of course the industry itself is partially to blame for that: gaming just isn't all that fascinating any more. The majority of everything out there - especially the AAA segment - is uninspired, underdeveloped, but overproduced and overpriced bullshit. It's entertainment for dumb oafs and couch zombies. Yes, I mean garbage like Witcher 3 ...

And then hopefully there's also a point that one reaches as a person where you just don't feel like spending all your time playing games. It's something we like and it's cool and all, but in the end, it's a mundane and passive way to spend time. As I grew older, I naturally started to gravitate towards more meaningul and deeper things in life to fill my time with. Instead of playing some bullshit day in, day out just because I don't have anything more worthwhile to do, I much prefer to get my hands on the occasional, rare gaming gem that popes up here and there (Dark Souls or Ori and the Blind Forest for example) and thoroughly enjoy that.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2016-01-01 at 02:25 PM.

Witcher 3 would like a word with you.

Going to ditto what May90 posted, burned out gaming. Simple as that. Pick another hobby or time-waster to spend a good week or two on.

It's happened to me once. Burned from WoW and wasn't finishing other games due to lack of motivation and whatnot. I just decided to buy $100 worth of MTG cards to draft in my nearest hobby shop. Did that and fishing more often with my brothers.

It's like those times where you just binged on several TV shows and trying to find something else to watch. You just end up endlessly surfing the cable, Netflix, Hulu etc hoping to find the next interesting show.

Dont buy buggy triple A garbage thats pushed by crooked reviewers and youtube "influencers". There, your enjoyment level will vastly increase with this one consumers trick that games companies hate!

Do other things besides play video games. You should be enjoying things because they are interesting. Humans designed to get bored.

Seek things that are more intellectually engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Yes, I mean garbage like Witcher 3 ...
    You know nostalgia's talking when people type stuff like this :/ At least it's not copy paste like Fallout 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    You know nostalgia's talking when people type stuff like this
    No, it's actually when people know their shit and are able to look beyond industry hype and technically inflated, but incredibly tasteless AAA graphics. It's a mundane and classless game in a garishly caricatural "low fantasy" scenario. Which you might find yourself immensely attracted to if you're a teen/early twen boy.

I don't know, once in a while you see a pearl through all those indies. Do you for example know of Undertale?
    Exactly what I was talking about. Games like Braid, Transistor, Bastion, Terraria, Minecraft, Undertale, Unepic, Binding of Isaac, Undertale, Papers please are the icons of indie games. Awesome, fresh, original and addictive gameplay.

Although I agree the gaming industry is not what is should be at this moment, I still love gaming and there are certain AAA titles which I am sure they won't dissapoint me even with the state of the industry atm. Uncharted 4, Street Fighter V, Sea Of Thieves, WoW: Legion, The Last Guardian are all games I am very looking forward to.
    Gaming industry nowadays is just the same as movie industry, sadly. You get the same boring, unoriginal, unimaginative stuff over. And over. And over and over and over and over and over and over again. Welcome to the gamer's hell, the world of repeating the same boring stuff. The stuff that looks, feels, plays the same. I am glad I actually lived and played through 1995-2003, the best time to play games, when every game we had was unique, innovative, fresh and original. Compare that to now, when everything is just the same old boring stuff. Remember Unreal Tournament, the fastest multiplayer FPS ever created? Or Red Faction, the unique game which allowed destruction of any level? Or Blade of Darkness, best PC slasher ever created? Or plethora of awesome RPG games, starting from Fallout and Planescape:Torment, ending with Gothic 2? Or awesome Need for Speed: Underground series, as well as Porsche: Unleashed? Or Heroes of Might&Magic3, the best turn-based strategy game ever created? The awesomness of Half-Life? Counter-strike? Dungeon Keeper? Diablo and Diablo 2? Warcraft series RTS? Oh, happy times...

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    The Witcher 3 isn't a good game now? If it'ss not good enough for the OP then he obviously just needs a break from games in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeZed View Post
    Witcher 3 would like a word with you.
    The Witcher 3 is absolutely awesome. For me, it is the best game of a decade. So what? How does it change the fact that 99% of AAA games we have nowadays is crap? I'd better play through Fallout 2 three more times than ripping through shitty Fallout 4 for once. Nostalgia? Nope. Sad reality.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-01-01 at 09:05 PM.

So what? How does it change the fact that 99% of AAA games we have nowadays is crap? I'd better play through Fallout 2 three more times than ripping through shitty Fallout 4 for once. Nostalgia? Nope. Sad reality.
    If Fallout 2 got released today though, you'd be screaming how its total and utter !@#$, and that even Fallout 4 is better. Fallout 2 wouldn't even make it to beta with graphics like that today without the reviewers and fans screaming "omg, what kind of !@#$ is this ? a joke!?" without stopping to even explore the world or story.

10+ Year Old Account
    play an old game you used to love for a while, might held rekindle your gaming love. I picked up Runescape and played it for a bit, then i downloaded steam to try out some other games I missed or missed out on, and here I am now. Back to my gaming self again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    If Fallout 2 got released today though, you'd be screaming how its total and utter !@#$, and that even Fallout 4 is better. Fallout 2 wouldn't even make it to beta with graphics like that today without the reviewers and fans screaming "omg, what kind of !@#$ is this ? a joke!?" without stopping to even explore the world or story.
    Slap the word Indie on it and you got yourself the next Shovel Knight and Undertale.

- - - Updated - - -

I recently bought an Xbone and got Fallout 4(which I am enjoying now, its what I expected/wanted. I didnt buy into bullshit hype), Transformers Devastation which I will play right after as its a platinum game with transformers.... basically Optimus took some lessons from Bayonetta and I will need this game to relax after paying through a fun game like fallout 4, becuase I also got dragon age 3 and Witcher 3 which like Fallout, are big games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I dunno, there are many games that have far from great graphic and are quite well received.

Slap the word Indie on it and you got yourself the next Shovel Knight and Undertale.
    Better than that, just say "Like minecraft with guns" and everyone will love it. Worked perfectly with fallout 4.

If what you said is true, then why I am having a ton of fun playing for example Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, Divinity 2 for the second, third, fourth, fifth time, while I cringe at the very idea of playing Fallout 4 again?