Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    The biggest thing for Seasonal right now are the actual PERMANENT rewards - You'll have the pets, tmogs, and portraits until Blizzard closes down the D3 servers in 30 years. And for casual players, getting the top portrait was quite the worthwhile challenge.
    That's why I play them, to try and complete the season journey. Only really played season 4 and 5 - before I didnt care, was just as pointless as D2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    anyone else not see any point in playing seasons now? especially when there is no exclusive items and pushing greater rifts to get in the top 50 is not something you have any interest in doing, why do it?

i'm looking back and wondering why i played the start of every season to be honest. i think it was just cool to race to the top and compete with others for a short time. but honestly, after one month into the season, it's the same shit.

no more seasons for me

I like to compare it to when they removed rating requirements from pvp gear in wow. The feeling of prestige and reward disappears.

If you still are intrested in a good hack'n slash I would check out Grim Dawn.

I quit a long time ago. D3 feels like an endless grind with no possible end in sight (obviously). Weird thing is, I still play D2 and don't get that feeling from that game, don't know why.

ppl dont understand that diablo 3 get updates all the time, its not like wow intended to be played all the time.

you can quit diablo for months untill new patch come then play 1-2 months and quit again.

for a price of 40 usd for both game+exp its pretty awesome deal, i got more then 100 hours on it.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoy seasons, but I'm salty at my poor RNG this season on my DH. Thousands and thousands of blood shards spent, still only have a 2pc Unhallowed set I used my seasons journey set pieces to get the Invoker set on my Crusader, and I regret it every time I think about it! I too like that I can play and quit the game whenever I don't feel like playing, then come back for the next season. RoS and its future patches have kept the game fresh and fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doez View Post
    I really enjoy seasons, but I'm salty at my poor RNG this season on my DH. Thousands and thousands of blood shards spent, still only have a 2pc Unhallowed set I used my seasons journey set pieces to get the Invoker set on my Crusader, and I regret it every time I think about it! I too like that I can play and quit the game whenever I don't feel like playing, then come back for the next season. RoS and its future patches have kept the game fresh and fun.
    Look for a DH rift running - loot sharing - community. You'll get the set gear in no time.

I had fun while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    Fresh season = Only good to play for a week or two MAX! Then your bored the fuck out to go higher and higher... has no meaning at all...Who cares if your high in leaderboard 5435345+ GR.
    i agree, it's just rift simulator, the only thing that changes is your gear gets a couple more stats, and mobs add 0's to their hp.

i feel like you should bot it because you do the same thing over and over and over, it just doesn't peak my interest enough, there's not enough choices to be made, just t10 for keys, then go high GR, repeat over and over until you're thoroughly bored.

i would never bot btw, i just quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    That's why I play them, to try and complete the season journey. Only really played season 4 and 5 - before I didnt care, was just as pointless as D2.
    Well, previous seasons had season only items which you neede dfor certain builds. However completely agree on the fact that s4 and s5 added a lot more to the cauldron.

I hope they continue on this road.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i agree, it's just rift simulator, the only thing that changes is your gear gets a couple more stats, and mobs add 0's to their hp.

i feel like you should bot it because you do the same thing over and over and over, it just doesn't peak my interest enough, there's not enough choices to be made, just t10 for keys, then go high GR, repeat over and over until you're thoroughly bored.

i would never bot btw, i just quit.
    Tbh, what you expected from and arpg and especially Diablo? It's not like it was any different before - hell D3 added so many different tasks to do in game when in d2 it was just boss farming over and over.

EDIT: not an attack, just sheer curosity. Sometimes the best ideas come from people who have issues with the game.

For people not knowing/remebering, current seasons are an iteration over pure players feedback. When Blizz asked players what do they wanted in seasons, nearly everyone answered "ladders, season only items, cosmetic rewards and not losing the progress made".

Other notable things are the cube (hugely requested, probably took some time to design a decent implementation) and the last nerf to xp gear/monsters hp in less than 4 man in contrast to the completely broken difference between 4 man and everything else in season 4.

They're actually listening. Not everything is done obviously, but a lot of things are done/tackled on.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-02-04 at 01:41 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post

EDIT: not an attack, just sheer curosity. Sometimes the best ideas come from people who have issues with the game.

For people not knowing/remebering, current seasons are an iteration over pure players feedback. When Blizz asked players what do they wanted in seasons, nearly everyone answered "ladders, season only items, cosmetic rewards and not losing the progress made".

Other notable things are the cube (hugely requested, probably took some time to design a decent implementation) and the last nerf to xp gear/monsters hp in less than 4 man in contrast to the completely broken difference between 4 man and everything else in season 4.

They're actually listening. Not everything is done obviously, but a lot of things are done/tackled on.

I would say 95% of every change to the game since RoS was initially suggested by players on their forums. I was frequently on the Bnet diablo forums from RoS release until about season 2 and you see these great suggestions and lo and behold, 2 patches later they are implemented. And I'm not saying this to suggest Blizzard devs are lazy or uninspired, simply to further your point that they really have listened to player feedback in the last year and a bit. And it has payed off the game is exponentially better than it was 3 years ago.

That said, the end game is absolute turd once you have a copy of every item you need for your build as its player vs "rift RNG" and there isn't a lot of "be good, achieve higher" about it; it's just "play more, get stupidly unbalanced rift, do much better than others" which is a bit shit
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2016-02-05 at 11:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post

That said, the end game is absolute turd once you have a copy of every item you need for your build as its player vs "rift RNG" and there isn't a lot of "be good, achieve higher" about it; it's just "play more, get stupidly unbalanced rift, do much better than others" which is a bit shit
    Agree on this - not interested in ladder climbing as i don't feel any reason to do so, and hopefully they stay this way. The day Blizzard adds any kind of reward for "first 100 on leaderboard" or such i can already hear the screams from the future in my ears.

Season journey for the moment delivers - but is still a very fast to complete task even if you play casually. But again i wouldn't want Blizzard to change them.

Stuff i would like? Some examples:
    - elusive items to farm/obtain that need spefici trigger conditions; they could be tomes that unlock alternative appearances of gear or even better alternative skins for the transfomation spells (berserker, vengeance, archon, etc)
    - stuff like side quests/objectives like set dungeons; i mean static challenged that again need to be activated via certain triggers that an reward different things.

Anyway, long-term stuff to do that keeps me hooked to the game even if i have completed the season.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    And I'm not saying this to suggest Blizzard devs are lazy or uninspired, simply to further your point that they really have listened to player feedback in the last year and a bit. And it has payed off the game is exponentially better than it was 3 years ago.
    It still take a certain amount of hard work and inspiration to turn "Random Idea X" into an actually implemented piece of code.

IT would be nice to continue playing higher gr if they give us something rewarding such wow in game pet or mount or heroes of storm mounts... bleh bleh u know the rest, Only reward if you can solo higher gr such 65-80+ gr achievement along with rewards. It is just an idea though...

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    It still take a certain amount of hard work and inspiration to turn "Random Idea X" into an actually implemented piece of code.
    Absolutely, I'm just a little jaded from haters so guess I anticipated someone responding with "Hurr, they can't even design their own game properly, durr"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.