Poll: ?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will KOTOR 3 ever come out?

No, SWTOR is NOT Kotor3. I mean the Single Player HD sequel to the series that has to do with Revan and the Exile going to the Outer Rim with their allies in a massive war. If I had the opportunity I would write the game's story myself and retcon those stupid comics that SWTOR made to "continue" the Revan story.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Unfortunately EA has the rights and they have invested heavily into Swtor, and Bioware has said that Swtor is effectively the sequel to the KOTOR series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    No, SWTOR is NOT Kotor3. I mean the Single Player HD sequel to the series that has to do with Revan and the Exile going to the Outer Rim with their allies in a massive war. If I had the opportunity I would write the game's story myself and retcon those stupid comics that SWTOR made to "continue" the Revan story.
    No it will not. It has already been stated that SWtoR IS KotOR 3-whatever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Probably not, Mass Effect took over the "space opera rpg" section for BioWare.

I don't even want it to come out with how bad Bioware is nowadays.

Anytime soon? Unlikely. Eventually one day Bioware making another Star Wars single player RPG? Possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    I don't even want it to come out with how bad Bioware is nowadays.
    You must haven't seen how good KOTFE's story was
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Unlikely. The Old Republic era games & EU material are no longer part of Star Wars mythos. EA/Bioware are allowed to keep running The Old Republic despite this but I doubt Disney will allow additional material beyond what was already in the MMORPG and KOTOR 1 & 2.

It would only create a situation Disney has spent a lot of money trying to fix; a singular, mainstream canon they control utterly.

Disney takes their money pretty seriously.

No, but I'd love to see it someday.

Anything resembling the old star wars games will nevr come out again. Disney nuked the storylines so why would game devs waste thier times developing somthing disney wont say actually happens. Besides if we see more games it will be on battlefronts level of bad. I think the days are over where this franchise received anything decent in the way of games or game storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Unfortunately for you, when they were making ToR they said even back then that ToR was essentially Kotor 3. Shadows of Revan expansion and the dungeon in vanilla basically confirm it. So yes you have your Kotor 3 you just don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Anything resembling the old star wars games will nevr come out again. Disney nuked the storylines so why would game devs waste thier times developing somthing disney wont say actually happens. Besides if we see more games it will be on battlefronts level of bad. I think the days are over where this franchise received anything decent in the way of games or game storylines.
    Does anyone really care if something is canon or not? I mean RP-wise. What matters is that the story is good, I could care less if Disney says this didn't happen.

Cuz you know, it didn't. It's fantasy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Does anyone really care if something is canon or not? I mean RP-wise. What matters is that the story is good, I could care less if Disney says this didn't happen.

I have to agree with this. I have a hard time understanding why it matters so much to people. Personally I'd have no issue with movies just being canon, and then everything else could have it's own life.

Not for a long time, if ever. What HL3 is to the internet, KOTOR 3 is in my eyes.

Two years later and you are still bitching about Star Wars canon?

in 20 years maybe but not anywhere near soon.
    Last edited by RenegadeXan; 2016-01-02 at 05:28 PM.

Question whatever you take for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post

Why would the devs care much about a decent story if they knew it means jack shit? I know id focus on other parts of the game rather than a worthwhile story if i knew it wasnt going to mean anything in the end. I think battlfront is a preview of what we have in our futur star wars wise. Flashy games that look good but mechanic wise play like shit.

Why would the devs care much about a decent story if they knew it means jack shit? I know id focus on other parts of the game rather than a worthwhile story if i knew it wasnt going to mean anything in the end. I think battlfront is a preview of what we have in our futur star wars wise. Flashy games that look good but mechanic wise play like shit.
    That's what you seem to not understand. It DOESN'T mean anything. Explain to me what difference in your life it makes when Disney says "this didn't really happen"? It didn't happen in the first place, it's fantasy. Yeah, it won't be included in movies or future books. It will be a closed story that may only be expanded by it's authors, without links in other formats. It doesn't mean it's meaningless, just look at it as a separate entity and you're good to go.

I guess I just don't have the nerd element in me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Why would the devs care much about a decent story if they knew it means jack shit?
    If it leads to a great game that sells plenty why not? Bioware still developed the expansion KotFE for SWTOR despite none of that actually happening in the Star Wars canon. The good story is a good story, canon or not.

Deleted
    SWTOR officially is the sequel, doesn't matter what you think. Also, if they want to make another Old Republic game it'd be a reboot or completely new to make it canon.