Deleted

Computer crashing issue

I have no idea what's going on. I can play the game just fine at 60 fps and not dropping ever, not even in PvP. BUT as of late, as soon as I take a taxi somewhere sometimes my entire computer will just freeze and make this high pitch screech type sound for about 10 seconds and then restart. And it's only with Star Wars this happens. Anyone that can help me with this because I'm just dumbfounded by it.

Thanks.

I have the same problem on Balmora (SP). I never crash in any other game or any other zone in SWTOR but questing there, I will crash 3-4 times a night.

I would guess that you are using Windows 10 and an Nvidia card.

This is a problem with Nvidia cards and the latest windows 10 build. There is a long thread on both the Nvidia and SWTOR forums about it, some people are saying rolling back to the previous Win 10 build resovles it.

It's been happening to me since Windows updated, and only ever seems to happen when I take speeders/taxis. It's not every time though, so for now I'm just going to wait and see if any new drivers/win10 updates come out and sort it.

15+ Year Old Account
    The current fix is to set Grass to 0

Makes the world look kind of ugly but no crashing > ugly world imo.

Sounds stupid, but I had the exact issue you are having and this completely fixed it.

Hopefully the underlying issue gets corrected some day.

I'm using Nvidia card and Win 10, but had some issues (black screen on loadup, etc) I have not rolled back on either the Nvidia drivers or windows, but playing the game in windowed full screen mode had fixed the issues I had. If you are not doing that already, you might want to give it a try.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by karumayu View Post
    I'm using Nvidia card and Win 10, but had some issues (black screen on loadup, etc) I have not rolled back on either the Nvidia drivers or windows, but playing the game in windowed full screen mode had fixed the issues I had. If you are not doing that already, you might want to give it a try.
    This is a different issue.

In most cases this will blue screen your computer and force reboot it. It almost always happens in conjunction with being on a taxi, though its happened randomly at other times.

As I mentioned, the workaround is to set Grass to 0 in the video preferences until it is fixed.

I had this happen to me repeatedly and have not had a single crash after changing this setting.

I don't like how the ground looks, but I liked crashing even less.

My video cards were overclocked heavily (run fine Witcher 3, GW2, Fallout 4 and Kombustor) however in SWTOR my machine was crashing intermittently. PVP matches or even just running around, setting it back to the factory overclock spec fixed the issue for me. Cards are liquid cooled and run tops 32c so heat is not an issue, I think the game is sensative to OCing - so if your overclocking might be worth checking out.

maybe some corrupted file