Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Video games that made you cry?

What were some memorable games you played that have made you cry

For me its the Walking Dead season 2 episode 5 ending
    I cried so damn much at it
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2016-01-02 at 04:48 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Deus Ex: HR. The cutscene with Hugh Darrow after he made all of the augmented people go insane was in a disturbing way.... beautiful. I could really feel his despair and loss. The pain that he felt knowing what he did, and that it needed to be done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odeY9T6Os7s
    Last edited by Crayola Memes; 2016-01-02 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Spoilers ( sorry D: )

Legacy of the void ending, the fate of Raynor. After following the story since '97, knowing how poor his life was, the epiloge made me sad and happy the same time, a story that was with me half of my life ended. :shrug:

To the Moon was one of the few games to make me cry. The story is just absolutely beautiful.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Final Fantasy 8. The end and the one scene a bit before it that was out of this world (I won't spoil it, those who have played it know the one) got me hook, line and sinker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember those spoiler tags! It's always better to use them, even when you think it's safe.

Bioshock Infinite
    Having a baby girl myself, that ending was rough but amazing

None that I can think of really.

Deleted
    Final Fantasy X ending.

Ratchet and clank: A crack in time.

That ending is really moving.

Jak 3 as well when Damos died. I can't imagine someone finding out who their father was, as their father is dying right in their arms, and they never knew the truth about their child.

Pong, that poor little pixel just gets tossed back and forth until they let it fly by and move on to another one.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Mass Effect 3 was a more recent one. The tough choices and loss that could not be avoided hit surprisingly hard. It shows a level of development of characters when I actually feel for them and catch myself tearing up.
    End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lunar:SSSC, several moments in that game if I remember hit me a bit hard, I got really invested into the characters. It was the first game in which I got so invested into the characters.

Arc the Lad II, the events surrounding Elc during the White House portion of the game. The anime portion of one of the encounters was a bit more traumatic as well.

Final Fantasy X, the ending hit me hard, I wasn't prepared.

Probably a few others but a lot of the emotional ones happened when I was younger, games today haven't hit me quite as hard as they used too. If we're counting visual novels though, I can prepare a list.

I don't really cry from games, but I do get emotional, so I'm gonna list those instead.

Undertale. Strange that no one has mentioned it yet. It's so good! And very touching :'3
    Red Dead Redemption.
    Sly 3, Honor Amongst Thieves
    . Because of growing up with it, it was very sad/touching end. (Then came the new one, and it wasn't as sad anymore xP)
    Halo 3.
    Gears of War 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazertree View Post
    Mass Effect 3 was a more recent one. The tough choices and loss that could not be avoided hit surprisingly hard. It shows a level of development of characters when I actually feel for them and catch myself tearing up.
    Yup gonna second that

"Had to be me, someone else might have gotten it wrong....."

Undertale: Pacifist. The ending is really sad and I will not spoil that

Undertale: Genocide. mother of god what have I done.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Tales of Xillia 2 - JULIUS!!! T_T
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Final Fantasy X had PLENTY of moments within that game that made me tear up. It is a beautiful story and game, one of the best ever made in my opinion.

I teared up pretty good at BlizzCon during the Legion Cinematic, as an Alliance player for 10 years and really enjoying Varian's story, my heart shattered at seeing what I thought was a heartbreaking death. (on the flip side I was like YEEEEEEEEEAH when he surfaced!)

Kingdom Hearts 2... while so much of the game is fun, lighthearted Disney worlds, the parts involving Roxas, Axel and that entire group of people is pretty sad.

The end of Final Fantasy X made me weep like a baby.

Undertale made me cry several times.

I teared up at the very end of the Legacy of the Void.

There are so many I can't even recall them all.

Somebody brought up Kingdom Hearts, and I feel I would be remiss if I didn't mention 358/2 Days and Xion. The end of that game with Xion's conclusion to her story was utterly heartbreaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akkoron View Post
    Final Fantasy X ending.
    FFX had me super sad. I haven't played it in over a decade so I'm fuzzy somewhat but I remember something with Auron in particular had me wanting to bawww.

FF7 for sure was what got me as a kid. When Sephiroth came down and impaled -her- I was so fucking devastated. I feel bad for people who didn't get to experience FF7 or X when they first came out and before anyone knew the spoilers.

But as of recently I was uber sad during Red Dead Redemptions ending and Bioshock Infinite. I didn't cry though.

Burial At Sea Ep 2's ending was definitely sad, although I didn't cry. It was more like a sad realization that what happened HAD to happen in order for the THING that Elizabeth was trying to ensure to actually happen.