So I got infracted because my signature...

Had an image that was too big. No big deal, 4 point infraction, my own fault, my apologies. The thing is, there's no guidelines, and I use a phone so I can't tell what's too big or just right, let alone find how big 0x0 is.

No warning, straight to permission loss. Any thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure this will get locked as well. You ought to ask moderators.

Last edited by davesurfer; 2016-01-02 at 10:47 AM.
    "Peace is a lie"

Ah thanks early birds

I'll just add, it'd be nice to have those front and center, I didn't want to be infracted.
    Last edited by Tripz; 2016-01-02 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripz View Post
    Had an image that was too big. No big deal, 4 point infraction, my own fault, my apologies. The thing is, there's no guidelines, and I use a phone so I can't tell what's too big or just right, let alone find how big 0x0 is.

Not allowed to discuss moderator actions.

You need to email the site admins. One of the corners of management of just about anything is the punishment needs to fit the crime. If you feel wrongly accosted for the crime, that is the place to go. You will not find solace in the moderators that infracted you.

There is no way to prove they actually will take it up with the "board". And they don't/won't prove it one way or the other. So, if the moderator won't budge you're shit out of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripz View Post

Yeah, you should've read the rules. You see at the top of the page where it says "Home Forum Private Messages Rules"? The Rules one actually has the rules, it isn't like it is hidden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Not allowed to discuss moderator actions.

You need to email the site admins. One of the corners of management of just about anything is the punishment needs to fit the crime. If you feel wrongly accosted for the crime, that is the place to go. You will not find solace in the moderators that infracted you.

There is no way to prove they actually will take it up with the "board". And they don't/won't prove it one way or the other. So, if the moderator won't budge you're shit out of luck.
    Thanks for the information, seems like I'm walking on egg shells.

If it's that big of the deal, I won't bother. At least a concern was expressed

@TEHPALLYTANK

I'm a law breaker, so no, in my 5 years lurking around, I've never read the rules. Done fine so far
    Last edited by Tripz; 2016-01-02 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Yeah, you should've read the rules. You see at the top of the page where it says "Home Forum Private Messages Rules"? The Rules one actually has the rules, it isn't like it is hidden.
    Why are you allowed to have a bigger image than the rules allow?

If I were to guess, I would say your quoted sigs are close to line.
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You can always appeal if you think you have a reason...
    Appeal to what exactly?

I have asked to see the appeal process, I was refused every time. It probably doesn't exist, but remember we aren't allowed to have this conversation to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well just take message, that moderators wont discuss moderation actions in this thread. Though, seems as many has said, it was the lack of following the guidelines.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you allowed to have a bigger image than the rules allow?

If I were to guess, I would say your quoted sigs are close to line.
    Text has different setup of rules, they don't count as pictures, it is also written in the guidelines.

- - - Updated - - -

Appeal to what exactly?

I have asked to see the appeal process, I was refused every time. It probably doesn't exist, but remember we aren't allowed to have this conversation to begin with.
    They can't show you the process. You appeal and then wait, that is about it.

- - - Updated - - -

As well, questions and directions about infractions should go directly to the global moderation team.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well just take message, that moderators wont discuss moderation actions in this thread. Though, seems as many has said, it was the lack of following the guidelines.

- - - Updated - - -

Text has different setup of rules, they don't count as pictures, it is also written in the guidelines.

- - - Updated - - -

They can't show you the process. You appeal and then wait, that is about it.

- - - Updated - - -

As well, questions and directions about infractions should go directly to the global moderation team.
    I'm not arguing with any of it. I know the guideline well enough, I obviously have issues with some of them. Like, what defines a "troll" and "flaming." Was told moderator discretion. Which in most handbooks means whatever my mood is, aka bullshit.

I sincerely doubt the existence of said appeals process, though. Back in the day, you had a thread in which you could appeal in and you could only see your appeal and the moderators would chime in.

That doesn't exist anymore, and I honestly think the appeals process went with it.

But when Darth doesn't like you, you might as well forget it. You ain't getting appealed.

You think that is bad? I got a signature infraction for having too much text in my signature!
    Wasn't even that much, but seriously, is it that hard to just put a character limit on signatures if you can get infracted for it?
    But whatevs....the infractions is a warning, since you can still do whatever you want for now, just don't get any more serious infractions
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

As people mentioned, we do have guidelines for signatures and avatars. Furthermore, a sig infraction is more or less a warning. It's the smallest point value we can give, and the points on your account expire significantly sooner than our other infractions.

OP if there are other questions or concerns you have regarding the issue, please send a PM to me or another moderator. Your infractions and stuff aren't something we like to put out in the public. It's between you and us (mod team). Privacy and stuff.

Closed