Deleted

Looking to upgrade Graphics card first.

Hey all.

I was wondering if any of you guys can help me since I don't really know that much about components and such.

Basically, my graphics card has been playing up for a while, I'm getting crashes sometimes when i open up games, followed by the message kinda like 'your display driver has stopped working and recovered' this happens a few times. So anyway, here's what I currently have, I bought this PC in late 2010 and replaced my graphics card first in 2013 and been slowly adding some minor new parts.

CPU: Intel i7 950@3.07ghz
    MB: MSI X58 PRO-E
    GPU: Radeon 7850HD 2gb
    RAM: 8GB
    1 126gb SSD
    1 1tb HDD
    600W Power Supply

With the 7850 I can play WoW fine and most other games fine, just not on ultra settings and maybe around 30 fps if i'm lucky (WoW will play on around 40 fps during raids.

I've been looking at the Nvidia GTX 970 Superclocked (evga) and what I wanted to know just now is, will this card help increase some performance or am I just screwed because my CPU is so old now.

Should I buy 8GB more ram also? I do record and edit raid videos, takes roughly 20 mins to render a 5 min video (wasnt sure if its the gpu, cpu, or whatever that effects this process)

I'll get around to upgrading everything this year, I just thought I would start with my graphics card since that's crashing a lot these days.

Appreciate any help you guys can give me.
    Last edited by mmoc4f1bded72e; 2016-01-03 at 01:02 PM.

Since you want to upgrade anyway you can get a GTX 970 and you get a performance boost from it.
    The R9 390 is abit stronger for the same price (maybe a better pick) also you dont need another 8gb RAM because when you upgrade you will probably switch to DDR 4.

Deleted
    Thanks for the reply, I've taken a look at that card you mentioned and I think i'll go for that one.

Thanks again!