Thread: Refugee Hate

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Refugee Hate

I'm just blown away by the sheer amount of people who are angsty about the fact that countries with some of the highest GDP are offering resettlement and at least temporary welfare to refugees.

Note the lack of refugees standing up for themselves in this thread - Because they cant afford basic resources to survive let alone a PC and a Warcraft subscription.

While I agree the end goal is to have the countries that the refugees originate from to be able to look after their own citizens, nobody would begrudge their country economically aiding a French person displaced due to ISIS etc. Lets have some compassion for those humans who had no choice but to be born into a war torn country, instead of reacting in fear and distrust just because of their different culture.

Oh, and a few helpful links for those who care to do their research on the Canada threads:

"No Refugees do not get more financial help from the federal government than Canadian pensioners do. A widely circulated email makes this false claim"

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcen...asp?q=105&t=11

"Through our refugee protection programs, refugees bring their experiences and skills as well as their hopes and dreams to Canada which, in turn, has contributed to an even richer and more prosperous society for us all."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/canada.asp

(p.s. Hopefully wont be replying to this thread in order to preserve my sanity, just thought I'd offer in a voice of humanity for those who can't defend themselves)

Do we really need another thread on this? Isn't there already a refugee crisis mega-thread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Flynn View Post
    instead of reacting in fear and distrust just because of their different culture.
    Spoken like someone who has no idea.

Deleted
    Well I for one wouldnt call it hate but I dont want any of them as I see them as freeloaders. If you forget all the bleeding heart nonsense, its a fact that they take away taxpayers money that could otherwise go to better the lives of our own people and no, we (in the US) still got homeless and people who cant afford medical care etc. etc.

And since we have no say in their countries policies and don't control anything they do there, nor do we collect taxes from them, we have zero responsibility to help them aside from maybe basic humanitarian aid. Say set up a few camps with fresh water and food tents there? No need to "adopt" them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Off to a cracking start calling it "angsty", failing to describe the situation people are upset about and then classifying it as fear and distrust.

I see you're genuinely interested in a discussion

The language is biased enough, but at least try to not misrepresent the entire issue as some idiotic black and white question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's hip cool new thing to do in some circles, to impose undue scrutiny on others, while shrugging any for themselves. Some Countries I get it like Europe for example, but the U.S is a nation of immigrants who should appreciate and know whats it feels like to be treated like shit, because of where they come from.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Take a look at the current situation in Sweden (my country) and come back later when you've got a clue.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Flynn View Post
    Note the lack of refugees standing up for themselves in this thread - Because they cant afford basic resources to survive let alone a PC and a Warcraft subscription.
    You got to be kidding. Do you realize how much money most of them are paying for the trip? Those people getting here in Finland definitely aren't poor.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blomster View Post
    Spoken like someone who has no idea.
    Or someone who disagrees with the OP opinion, how could you possibly know what kind of an idea he has verses your own experience?

Something something benefit to countries. Something something doctors and scientists. Something something Islamaphobes don't want it.

Did I get it right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Or someone who disagrees with the OP opinion, how could you possibly know what kind of an idea he has verses your own experience?
    Because if he misrepresent the issue that badly, he probably don't know what he's talking about.

Deleted
    I was halfway through typing out a serious reply, but then saw who posted. Yeah, bye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Because if he misrepresent the issue that badly, he probably don't know what he's talking about.
    Well, I disagree, he sounds like he knows what he is talking about even if I disagreed, which I don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blomster View Post
    I was halfway through typing out a serious reply, but then saw who posted. Yeah, bye.
    No then you clicked reply anyways, well alright then.

I do not fear or hate refugees. I just don't support providing government assistance to individuals that are unlikely to be a net positive for the country. If private citizens are willing to sponsor and pay for refugees, I'm happy to have them here, I just would not like to see a policy of government spending for it undertaken.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I disagree, he sounds like he knows what he is talking about even if I disagreed, which I don't.
    Location: Scotland. Speaks about Canada. Refugees are in Europe.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I disagree, he sounds like he knows what he is talking about even if I disagreed, which I don't..
    It's not about agreeing. But if you present all issues and decisions regarding the refugee crisis as being a binary demonstration of hate vs. acceptance, you're ignorant at best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I do not fear or hate refugees. I just don't support providing government assistance to individuals that are unlikely to be a net positive for the country. If private citizens are willing to sponsor and pay for refugees, I'm happy to have them here, I just would not like to see a policy of government spending for it undertaken.
    Yea, this pretty much, if my tax dollars pay for them, no thank you, Id rather the government spent them on something that would improve our country than waste it on something that has no benefit for the ones paying those taxes whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    You got to be kidding. Do you realize how much money most of them are paying for the trip? Those people getting here in Finland definitely aren't poor.
    And if you live in Finland, you don't even know what's misery. "Trip"? Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

If Russia went to war with Canada, and America didn't take in refugees and they had to go to a nation that is barely the same culturally, I would point out something was wrong.

I don't hate refugees. I just have certain opinions regarding some of them and their neighbors.

-their neighbors should be taking them in. No point going all the way to England when safety is next door.
    -if they want to be less hated, they need to teach their kids and friends to not rape.
    -even with that I say they are welcome, so long as we have reliable ways to screen out extremists.
    -if you are military age, and are not the sole provider to a child, you should be turned away for being a coward.
    -lastly...while it's nice to take in refugees , it isn't required. People thinking the default the world goes by is to just take in foreigners need a reality check. It's a good deed and obviously compassionate yes. But not doing it doesn't make you Hitler.

If I had a choice I would not allow Syrian refugees in America. I'd take Mexican refugees or Cuban etc, but I'm not touching the Middle East at all and they can find help from a neighbor. If their close neighbor doesn't want them then there is something fishy they know and we don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Yea, this pretty much, if my tax dollars pay for them, no thank you, Id rather the government spent them on something that would improve our country than waste it on something that has no benefit for the ones paying those taxes whatsoever.

This too. I just heard on the radio the va failed to end veteran homelessness. If rather we help our own and THEN use whatever we have left to help outsiders.

Deleted
    some people would let those parasites fuck their wives and children in the name of political correctness

we should let them rape the feminists maybe then they would be satisfied

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-01-03 at 08:42 PM.