Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Unhappy Cashiers Never Talk to Me

Hey guys,

Everytime I go to the grocery store or any type of store the cashiers never talk to me. They talk to the people in front of them but when they get to me it's silence. I don't know if it's my aspergers and difficult making eye contact but it makes me feel less important. Anyone else get ignored by cashiers?

I get the same thing off and on. I'm not unfriendly or anything but I guess I give off a vibe that causes it. It's a brief interaction so I don't give it much thought anymore.

If you look at them and seem friendly, without giving them a creepy smile or anything, they'll usually say hello and have a good day, at least here. But I don't know how it is in the states. I gather from your post that they're chatty enough. If you look away, you give off the impression that you're busy with something else, don't care, are shy, or something like that. They're far less likely to engage you then. In any case, what does it matter if a cashier talks to you or not? Just buy your stuff and leave.

Buddy I wouldn't take any offense to it at all. My friends a cashier and even though he's pretty respectful he despises his job. Most cashiers probably do as well because not every person is nice to them, I've heard some pretty shitty stories from my friend and other cashiers that I know.

Cashiers don't talk to me sometimes but my towns pretty small so most of the cashiers are people from my school so we end up talking while I'm checking out, but if I run into a cashier I don't know, it's the normal "hi how are you" and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey guys,

Everytime I go to the grocery store or any type of store the cashiers never talk to me. They talk to the people in front of them but when they get to me it's silence. I don't know if it's my aspergers and difficult making eye contact but it makes me feel less important. Anyone else get ignored by cashiers?
    You're one of the lucky ones. Small talk is the worst thing ever.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

I only expect them to say hello and bye. Anything more is just a waste of time anyway.

Deleted
    They probably know the people they're talking to. I never talked to any strangers when I was sitting in the register in a store, I don't care to talk to random strangers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just be polite and smile. Even if they don't talk to you directly that time, they may when you come back.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you're just unattractive.

Psychologist Belize out!

15+ Year Old Account
    How about you watch the cashier into his/her eyes and say hello with a clear voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

You are projecting how you feel on the inside via your aura, ie your pheromones, your self-awareness of any misconceived awkwardness, your subconscious being read by the subconscious of others, ect, which can be understood more fully thru meditation. The last thing you want to do is ascribe any negative thoughts (self-talk) or feelings to this phenomena that you are becoming more aware of.

Not looking people in the eye at least to make contact when they are supposed to be focusing on you is pretty rude honestly. That might be why.

Deleted
    As someone who's job is to be a cashier at times, then yes we do not always talk to everyone.
    if you are not a regular and don't make the slightest effort to at least say "hello" then personally I will assume you are busy and want to be served as quickly as possible to get on with your day. We might also be busy with other duties to attend to and not have the time to spend talking to people.

There can be many reasons that we are not talking to you, Don't take it as an affront by any means.

15+ Year Old Account
    Talk to them first. Problem solved.

every fucking person i meet talks to me, drunk people, crazy people, people just walking about.
    It's like i have a "TALK TO ME" sign on my head and I hate people..
    Want to trade? heh

maybe you smell bad.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you want to make small talk then you should initiate conversation.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Go to the UK. There every cashier will talk with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes people are put off, nervous, next time just introduce yourself, and say "Hi, how's your day?" If you are interested in more than that invite them out to for a slice of pizza and a movie.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    every fucking person i meet talks to me, drunk people, crazy people, people just walking about.
    It's like i have a "TALK TO ME" sign on my head and I hate people..
    Want to trade? heh
    Same. I go to Subway or Taco Bell during lunch, and random people just sit with me at my table and start telling me about their lives. 99% of the time, I want to tell them I really don't care and would rather just eat my lunch in peace.