Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Kil'jaeden: What is YOUR name?
    Player: My name is Grimjinx okay, dude chill out!
    Kil'jaeden: Move!
    Player: Why?!
    Kil'jaeden: Sargeras might have questions for you!
    Player: Hey you know what, there is another name you might know me by...
    Player: ... Skylord.
    Kil'jaeden: Who?
    Player: Skylord, man, Legendary Warrior... guys?
    Last edited by P for Pancetta; 2016-01-06 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Kil'jeaden

Skylord Tovra - Commands a Rylak, throws spears and puts down freezing traps.
    Skylord Omnuron - Druid of the Talon
    Skylord Braax - Twilight's Hammer Shaman
    Razorbeak Skylord - Just a gryphon

Aspect of the Skylord is a Survival Artifact Trait and until the last build, the Windwalker Artifact had Strike of the Skylord.

The title really is all over the place and has nothing to do with Warriors or the Halls of Valor. The only connection seems to be Skylord because Skyjump. If they wanted to push the Valhalla theme they could've gone with "Name the Living Valarjar", "Stormforged Name", "Name the Valorous" oro something.

I would rather have something less plot related and more fitting to warriors in general. Like "Battleborn Name", "Warmaster Name" or "Worldbreaker Name".

I mean if we were Dragoons it'd fit. But that's not a WoW class...

What?.. Is this real? It's just alpha placeholder title right?
    I'm sorry I haven't been following the Legion news lately, how do players get these titles anyway? Are they account-wide?
    Can I level a DK and then use the DK title on my warrior for example?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauno View Post
    Unlikely

Unlikely
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Calith- View Post
    Skylord Tovra - Commands a Rylak, throws spears and puts down freezing traps.
    Skylord Omnuron - Druid of the Talon
    Skylord Braax - Twilight's Hammer Shaman
    Razorbeak Skylord - Just a gryphon

Aspect of the Skylord is a Survival Artifact Trait and until the last build, the Windwalker Artifact had Strike of the Skylord.

The title really is all over the place and has nothing to do with Warriors or the Halls of Valor. The only connection seems to be Skylord because Skyjump. If they wanted to push the Valhalla theme they could've gone with "Name the Living Valarjar", "Stormforged Name", "Name the Valorous" oro something.

I would rather have something less plot related and more fitting to warriors in general. Like "Battleborn Name", "Warmaster Name" or "Worldbreaker Name".
    I would be more than happy with any of the last 3 you mentioned. Though perhaps Worldbreaker is a bit grandiose. Valorous does fit our first dungeon tier and stormforged is ok, but too titanic for me..

I'm sorry I haven't been following the Legion news lately, how do players get these titles anyway? Are they account-wide?
    I do believe its in the sound bites for Odyn, so not likely to ever change now.

- - - Updated - - -

Turns out blizz may have listened to people complain when the title originally was known.

It was changed in the last build to:

WARBRINGER

On a related note, our class storyline involves kicking Magtheridan's ass. Again.

Shaman get Mannaroth because we cant have nice thing.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Think anything with War in it is already redundant.

Deleted
    I sometimes wonder whether they actually have access to the game's data.

There already is a title Warbringer, obtained by winning 300 rated battlegrounds as Horde player.

http://www.wowhead.com/title=259/warbringer

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=5...r-of-the-horde

Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    I sometimes wonder whether they actually have access to the game's data.

There already is a title Warbringer, obtained by winning 300 rated battlegrounds as Horde player.

http://www.wowhead.com/title=259/warbringer

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=5...r-of-the-horde
    lol

10char

Deleted
    I dont really care about the title , since everyone will have it.
    I will start by saying, that I am in no way into RP, but I still want my title and transmog to "match" in some way. I'll stick with my title "the butcher" transmog that have a demonic /evil looking style.

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    I dont really care about the title , since everyone will have it.
    I will start by saying, that I am in no way into RP, but I still want my title and transmog to "match" in some way. I'll stick with my title "the butcher" transmog that have a demonic /evil looking style.
    True, I think a lot of people will stick with their go to titles (like I always use Mistwalker).

Not an excuse to have an shitty ill fitting title like Skylord though. Or in this case, a double title like Warbringer.

Deleted
    It's only a matter of time before they take the Runescape route and let you create your own title.

I thought it was established it was Skylord?
    Warbringer is much more fitting.

Actually, wasn't there supposed to be class titles for realm-first 80s in WotLK? And Warbringer was the Warrior one and of the Emerald Dream was the Druid one iirc?

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    told ya, you can´t satisfy everyone.
    It's not point about satisfying something or someone,if you doing something new do it a proper way,they should introduce this forced lore a little bit better don't you agree?,i mean new expansion starting and my char is in dalaran when some random guy(vyrkul) sent his raven to tell me that i am chosen among warriors to do some tasks...chain quests that leads to Odyn,legendary etc,just like that with no previous introduction...anyway,viking lore and theme isn't that bad its just in my opinion does not fit warrior at all,give us Berserker tittle or something that sounds and fit warrior theme.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I´ll answer you bit for bit

Quote Originally Posted by Zli View Post
    It's not point about satisfying something or someone
    You can always tell, that it is ONLY about satisfaction, when people complain. As soon as someone complains, he is not satisfied with the given situation. Solution (for him): Satisfy his needs. If his needs are shared by a majority of players or if his reasoning is sound isn´t important.

,if you doing something new do it a proper way
    usually the second half of a sentence is used to explain or develop the first. How exactly is the motion to do something right tied to the motion, that this whole topic isn´t about satisfaction? Also, even if we let that slide, who decides what is proper and what not? The majority of the affected community? Aside the fact, that this would be argumentum ad populum (which is a argumentative fallacy), you would again appeal to their *drumroll* satisfaction.

,they should introduce this forced lore a little bit better don't you agree?
    Woah, nice try to sneak the "forced" into a sentence many would agree upon. Since your "don´t you agree" indicates, that this is about my opinion: I feel like the lore is fitting, while already being introduced sufficiently + the likelyhood of being introduced even better by quests and activities we haven´t seen yet.

,i mean new expansion starting and my char is in dalaran when some random guy(vyrkul) sent his raven to tell me that i am chosen among warriors to do some tasks...chain quests that leads to Odyn,legendary etc,just like that with no previous introduction...
    I am not sure where people take all those expectations from. The damn hunter epic quest from vanilla didn´t even tell you where to fucking search for someone who might know something about the object aquired. It appears we get a nice introduction of the next content, with pre events, an epic cinematic and whatnot that leads us to the broken isles, which happen to harbor the wordly manisfestation of what Vrykul (Which were already intzroduced as Viking-like warriors in wotlk) understand as heaven: Stormheim. No brainer that I have interest in that area as a warrior.

anyway,viking lore and theme isn't that bad its just in my opinion does not fit warrior at all,give us Berserker tittle or something that sounds and fit warrior theme.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But how do you find the viking theme NOT fitting a warrior but the title Berserker WOULD fit warriors? Don´t you know, that the word Berserker originates from the viking lore? Like, literally?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

the Expendable........... it's suitable

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    I´ll answer you bit for bit

You can always tell, that it is ONLY about satisfaction, when people complain. As soon as someone complains, he is not satisfied with the given situation. Solution (for him): Satisfy his needs. If his needs are shared by a majority of players or if his reasoning is sound isn´t important.

usually the second half of a sentence is used to explain or develop the first. How exactly is the motion to do something right tied to the motion, that this whole topic isn´t about satisfaction? Also, even if we let that slide, who decides what is proper and what not? The majority of the affected community? Aside the fact, that this would be argumentum ad populum (which is a argumentative fallacy), you would again appeal to their *drumroll* satisfaction.

Woah, nice try to sneak the "forced" into a sentence many would agree upon. Since your "don´t you agree" indicates, that this is about my opinion: I feel like the lore is fitting, while already being introduced sufficiently + the likelyhood of being introduced even better by quests and activities we haven´t seen yet.

I am not sure where people take all those expectations from. The damn hunter epic quest from vanilla didn´t even tell you where to fucking search for someone who might know something about the object aquired. It appears we get a nice introduction of the next content, with pre events, an epic cinematic and whatnot that leads us to the broken isles, which happen to harbor the wordly manisfestation of what Vrykul (Which were already intzroduced as Viking-like warriors in wotlk) understand as heaven: Stormheim. No brainer that I have interest in that area as a warrior.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But how do you find the viking theme NOT fitting a warrior but the title Berserker WOULD fit warriors? Don´t you know, that the word Berserker originates from the viking lore? Like, literally?
    You can break down someones post to ignore the whole all you want.

This new warrior stuff is entirely out of left field and the Skylord title itself has already been applied many times in WoW, always to none-warriors. There's no questioning that the "legion warrior" is a out of left field ass pull. There is absolutly zero build up to this. He wasn't wrong, the questline starts with you being told to follow some Vrykul for no other reason than "Because I said so".

Hell atl east other classes have their questlines ran by established lore characters. Not so with warriors. We're unique in legion in all the wrong ways. Only class with one weapon type for all artifacts, only class without at least one weapon established in lore, only class whose class questline isn't populated by existing characters.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2016-01-09 at 03:04 PM.

Blademaster would have been a nice and fitting title.

The Burning Blade clan, as a bunch of quasi-samurai elite warriors, would have lended themselves nicely lore wise to a related legendary warrior quest-chain. Especially after we actually earned some of their respect/trust during the WoD main-story quests.

But nooo make us jump into racist vrykul nirvana instead.

Isn't Warbringer already in use?