Thread: To 4p or not?!

To 4p or not?!

I came into possession of my 4th tier piece today. Now the only problem I got with it is: Is it worth changing my current gear for those pieces.

As 3 pieces don't hold any difference, I switched my tier shoulders out for Heroic shoulders. Now today I got my tier gloves, but I have mythic 730 gloves equiped atm.

Question is: is it worth to trade the better stats on my current gear for the 4piece set bonus?

The gear in question is:

Can't post links yet (sadly), so I'll write the names down here:

Shoulders
    Pauldrons of Rapid Coagulation (Heroic, no modifiers, 710ilvl non-upgraded) vs Pauldrons of the Living Mountain (no modifiers, 705ilvl upgraded)

Gloves
    Eredar Fel-Chain Gloves (Heroic, no modifiers, 730ilvl upgraded) vs Gauntlets of the LivingMountain (prismatic socket, 695ilvl non-upgraded)

Spec? Although in all 3 cases I believe the 4pc would simply win out.

Ah, sorry, forgot the most important part.
    It's concerning resto spec. I don't know if the 65% chance riptide on primary heal target outweighs the pure stat increases from the items, even when the riptide stacks with a hardcast one.

Deleted
    Pretty sure 4 piece wins out on intellect you gain. Haste is also stronger then multi and crit. Make sure you still upgrade it even if its normal gear, its worth it.

Okay, will do then, thanks! And the same goes for enhancement? It's just my offspec which I use to do dailies, old raids and so on, but the faster it goes the better

Quote Originally Posted by Naesala Crescent View Post
    Okay, will do then, thanks! And the same goes for enhancement? It's just my offspec which I use to do dailies, old raids and so on, but the faster it goes the better
    Same goes for enhancement. 4 Piece is pretty important, since its a good dps-increase for Maelstrom Procs.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

World of 4piececraft, Heroes of the Youmusthavethissetinordertoraid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glassmage View Post
    World of 4piececraft, Heroes of the Youmusthavethissetinordertoraid.
    Dont be silly, everyone knows that item level matters the most!

Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    Dont be silly, everyone knows that item level matters the most!
    "Topkek, 740 itemlevel? too low for Archi Heroic, sorry."
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

4 piece is actually debatable. It's RNG healing which is not that useful. On progression, I would use 2piece + Better itemized/higher ilevel pieces personally. For meter padding, I would use 4 piece. In LFG, meter padding is king so you see lots of people use 4 piece and the god-awful class trinket. The class trinket is not very good even when trying to pad so at the very least don't use that.