Deleted

Need help with upgrading

Hello, I have GeForce 970, Intel i5-4690k and asus z97 pro gamer mobo and I need advice on upgrading my RAMs. Now i have some shitty nonames and I'm looking for something better, like 16GB. And my other question is about data storage, like 2TB HDD, is WD good?

RAM is RAM is RAM. Unless you are doing some -extreme- multi-tasking or something more demanding than gaming, 8GB is more than enough still. If you really want 16GB go for it, but if you already have 8, you could just add another 8 instead of buying all new 16.

Western Digital are the only HDDs I recommend and buy myself. Usually the Blue series. If it's only for storage though and you will not be running any programs off of it at all ever, the greens are good. They are a little slower, but also a little cheaper.

If you don't already have one, get an SSD for your OS and games, if speed is what you're looking for. As for storage, WD is good, only brand I buy, never had any problems with any of what I've bought, black for actually doing stuff on, blue for storage. As for RAM, you really don't need to bother, unless you're doing a lot, or doing things like video editing and all that, 8>16, you won't see much of a difference just gaming, if any. But if you want to, just get corsair(or whatever) 2x8GB sticks or something.

Deleted
    Ye, I'm doing stuff besides gaming on my PC, RAM and storage is part of it :P . I already have 256GB SSD so I'm good with that.

@edit
    Forgot to add its DDR3
    Last edited by mmocd34cccda77; 2016-01-06 at 09:52 PM.