7+ Year Old Account

Peeple the Yelp app for people end of anonymity on the internet?

I was reading some articles on new up coming apps when a page came by for an app to review people called Peeple created by 2 women you can read their story and all about their App on their website.

http://forthepeeple.com/

This upcoming app can store reviews comments and personal information such as cell phone numbers on their page on people you know and others can review you as well and put it up on your page,recent complaints about this has made the so that others can no longer apply you for the website when it started others could apply you and use your phone number to sign you up the rest of your information will be taken from your facebook account.

Some see this app as a gross invasion of privacy others see it as way to screen your neighbours or potential employees.

Funny enough the App was about to fail and the company the 2 started lose money and intrest up and behold they get goverment funding to set up their app and network and the 2 refuse to give awnsers on who gave them the goverment funding so it did not take long for people to find this fishy so far the founders have refused to awnser anything and say they signed an NDA for the funding.

So will you be joining the new trendy website to review people you know or do you see this as a gross invasion of your privacy?

15+ Year Old Account
    Ooh, I remember that app. The way it was set up when I read about it looked like a legal nightmare and an overall disgusting, money-grabbing idea of an app. There was an idea they had where the only way to take down your profile after someone else set it up without your consent was to pay them - which sounds to me like clear cut blackmail.

Didn't help that the founders seemed completely full of themselves.

With those two women behind it I can't see it taking off. Their only chance would be selling it to an investor and handing over control of the concept.
    Last edited by Revi; 2016-01-06 at 06:10 PM.

Deleted
    According to wikipedia they received a 50,000 grant for something completely useless and of dubious legality?

I'm doing something really wrong with my life.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Ooh, I remember that app. The way it was set up when I read about it looked like a legal nightmare and an overall disgusting, money-grabbing idea of an app. There was an idea they had where the only way to take down your profile after someone else set it up without your consent was to pay them - which sounds to me like clear cut blackmail.

Didn't help that the founders seemed completely full of themselves.

With those two women behind it I can't see it taking off. Their only chance would be selling it to an investor and handing over control of the concept.
    Yes this was one of the things they changed recently for it indeed seemed weird to me but they call it the new way of people watching

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The company that wants you to review other people for all to see has disable comments on their Youtube channel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't this from the Kentucky Fried Movie?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Dont know how it looks in USA but here in UK where I live people dont give two toss about public image.
    Or at the very least we have prime minister who fucked a pig and hardly anyone gives a damn about it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    The company that wants you to review other people for all to see has disable comments on their Youtube channel.
    Nothing I hate more in this world than complete fucking hypocrites...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    With those two women behind it I can't see it taking off.
    Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't surprise me that a couple of women are behind an app that allows you to vilify people you don't like. Not implying that all women are like that, but they do seem to have a higher propensity for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't surprise me that a couple of women are behind an app that allows you to vilify people you don't like. Not implying that all women are like that, but they do seem to have a higher propensity for it.
    How dare you say that! -4 peeple-points for you!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I look forward to trying it wonder how much it will cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Dont know how it looks in USA but here in UK where I live people dont give two toss about public image.
    Or at the very least we have prime minister who fucked a pig and hardly anyone gives a damn about it anymore.
    A dead pig. So he's (alledgedly - to protect myself from libel charges) into necrophiliac beastiality :P

If that app puts even one step on the European side of the atlantic, it'll get a distribution ban faster than you can download it.

Who wants to bet on how long it is until they start censoring people who review the creators themselves?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Who wants to bet on how long it is until they start censoring people who review the creators themselves?
    I think the bookies stopped taking that bet months ago