Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I'd like Sylvanas and Vanessa Van Cleef as faction leaders.
    Sounds good to me

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I'd like Sylvanas and Vanessa Van Cleef as faction leaders.
    Oh God. Wasnt Star Wars enough? If this happens then WoW isnt even trying anymore. Not only that they are showing nothing but a lack of creativity. The entire timeline AU thing was big for teens with all of the stupid Alternate Universe that came out the past few years. WoW quickly jumped on that and yuck. Im not saying that having female leaders is a bad thing but its nothing but following the trend and that is disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Leiandri View Post
    Can you name any significant or memorable horde troll characters besides Vol'jin? Someone who troll players could look up to, someone to help expanding on the lore and the fantasy or the race.
    Well, I always thought that Lol'jin (I don't hate him but I read his name like that and now I can't help but calling him like that) took Rokhan's place as THE great troll in lore and stuff.
    I would however like to have some more important troll characters to be fleshed out... even if that means kicking some Zandalari ass once again.
    But in case of Lol'jin's death... I think Rokhan could easily step up and be more prominent, lore-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    They've tried to build Anduins character up to a point where he could take over (like Garrosh in a way I guess). So far hes been completely rejected by the fanbase seemingly.
    because he is a horde character that someone accidentally flagged as blue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyram View Post
    I think Rokhan could easily step up and be more prominent, lore-wise.
    I don't think Rokhan doesn't have equal potential for character development as any other troll (or Vol'jin for that matter), but given how poorly he was handled during Warlords I wouldn't put any expectations on that one. And it's not like you can't introduce a completely new character and have it mature and transform into something really awesome. Nazgrim comes to mind and Wrathion to a certain extent.

I really do believe most of the hate for the troll warchief comes not out of some kind of racist preconceptions but rather from a poor job of introducing his character into the front lines of the horde politics, so to speak. I don't remember a lot of complaining when he was just a military advisor to Thrall, chilling in a shady corner and scheming shady troll things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    I don't think Rokhan doesn't have equal potential for character development as any other troll (or Vol'jin for that matter), but given how poorly he was handled during Warlords I wouldn't put any expectations on that one.
    Vol'jin had a whole novel pretty much dedicated to him. Unless you don't do the same for some other troll character, no troll can compete with Vol'jin in terms of development.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Vol'jin had a whole novel pretty much dedicated to him. Unless you don't do the same for some other troll character, no troll can compete with Vol'jin in terms of development.
    Well, yes, that's true and that's why I feel particularly annoyed by his apparent untimely demise at the beginning of Legion. What I meant there is if he's gone we won't have any significantly fleshed out characters to stand up for the entire playable race. Hell, even gnomes have had a lot of memorable characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Well, yes, that's true and that's why I feel particularly annoyed by his apparent untimely demise at the beginning of Legion. What I meant there is if he's gone we won't have any significantly fleshed out characters to stand up for the entire playable race. Hell, even gnomes have had a lot of memorable characters.
    There are some Darkspear who holds a degree of potential, like Zen'tabra or Kajassa (who was surprisingly awesome in WoD) but again, even with some focused development they would totally slack behind since they're still nothing but minor/freshly-introduced characters. Vol'jin can't realistically die for the same reason Sylvanas can't as well, there's no valuable alternatives to pick the leadership of their respective races.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Really? The only Gnome I remember is Kindy or something, Jaina's apprentice.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    All this does is setup the permanent merger of the Alliance and Horde.

Genn and Sylvannas will duke it out, but Baine and Anduin will seal the pact. This has been coming for a long time.
    I hope not! That would be a total turn off for me - and I have been playing since beta of classic/vanilla. If this happen, I would uninstall wow and destroy my HD to make sure I wouldn't feel soiled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    I hope not! That would be a total turn off for me - and I have been playing since beta of classic/vanilla. If this happen, I would uninstall wow and destroy my HD to make sure I wouldn't feel soiled.
    They made a pact once, i wouldnt be surprised if they make another one...

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    I never get why people are against having the Alliance and Horde finally realise their wars are dumb and merge since it is necessary for the survival of azeroth.

Yes, now just return Thrall the mantle of Warchief and we can pretend that anything Post-Wrath never happened.

Frost Blood Elf Death Knight - Zul'jin

7+ Year Old Account
    i think magni bronzebeard will be the new leader of alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorqin View Post
    Yes, now just return Thrall the mantle of Warchief and we can pretend that anything Post-Wrath never happened.
    their just gonna make him into being the guy who begs the elements to help him be the earth shaman again, he gave up the doomhammer for every annoying player to use like a store lightsaber.

Heres what gets me though, the doomhammer represented the leadership of the horde, so logic would have it being passed to the new generation or some shit. All its gonna do now is sit in players banks now.

Unless blizzard does something where by the players give back their legendary weapons in a quest line to receive a more powerful weapon at the end of the expansion, then they just shit all over this thing. Seriously, make it that to progress to the final chapter of the expansion, these legendary weapons are given back to the orders you work for, you get given a title, told it was never yours in the first place, and then you are given a weapon with better stats, while the real legendary weapon is given to the order.

of course this won't happen, blizzard seems intent on throwing away any sense of lore defining quality. This would be like in DC universe online having wonder woman giving you her golden lasso or green arrow giving you his ring or Dr Fate giving you the helmet of fate, it just isn't meant to happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    their just gonna make him into being the guy who begs the elements to help him be the earth shaman again, he gave up the doomhammer for every annoying player to use like a store lightsaber.

Heres what gets me though, the doomhammer represented the leadership of the horde, so logic would have it being passed to the new generation or some shit. All its gonna do now is sit in players banks now.

Unless blizzard does something where by the players give back their legendary weapons in a quest line to receive a more powerful weapon at the end of the expansion, then they just shit all over this thing. Seriously, make it that to progress to the final chapter of the expansion, these legendary weapons are given back to the orders you work for, you get given a title, told it was never yours in the first place, and then you are given a weapon with better stats, while the real legendary weapon is given to the order.

of course this won't happen, blizzard seems intent on throwing away any sense of lore defining quality. This would be like in DC universe online having wonder woman giving you her golden lasso or green arrow giving you his ring or Dr Fate giving you the helmet of fate, it just isn't meant to happen.
    So this weapon i have been gained and been increasing its power suddenly is taken away from me

Seems like horrible writing and I'm glad it won't happen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I never get why people are against having the Alliance and Horde finally realise their wars are dumb and merge since it is necessary for the survival of azeroth.
    Merge factions is an awful idea and indeed I hope too it'll never happen.

The factions can still maintain their identity with or without war. Becoming some huge big group out of "peace" would be cheesy and out of place.

Deleted
    What's with the Warchief title getting bounced from person to person all of a sudden? Blizzard really shot themselves in the leg when they got rid of Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    What's with the Warchief title getting bounced from person to person all of a sudden? Blizzard really shot themselves in the leg when they got rid of Garrosh.
    They shot themselves when they passed the mantle from thrall to a complete trainwreck of a character. Since then, its gone from bad to worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Windmiller View Post
    or that little twat called Anduin.
    Even if Anduin was a bad enugh character to be killed off, which we all know he isn't, they can't as he has to be king first and get a kid himself, then he can die!

Makes sense for Thrall, Vol'jin and Sylvanas though, they are annoying!