Thread: SSD Trouble

SSD Trouble

Hey guys. I tried turning on my computer this morning and after the BIOS image it went to a black screen with a blinking light. I then went into BIOS and it isn't recognizing my SSD. I've tried unplugging and replugging in the power and the SATA cable but it still isn't recognizing it. Does this mean my SSD is dead? I build the computer ~3 years ago.

UPDATE: I fixed the issue for now. After reading around I swapped the SATA cables of the SSD and the HDD and it booted fine now, recognizing both of them. Although I am not sure why swapping made both of them work...
    Last edited by Dababa; 2016-01-07 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Update

Deleted
    Which SSD do you have?

It's a Crucial M4 128GB SSD

Deleted
    try updating the firmware of the SSD

It could be part of the 2000 hour bug, but then your pc should boot up fine but crash after 1 hour.

Will do. Thank you.

Could be a temporary issue that may turn into a bigger one. I would do a regular backup of your data just incase they do fail completely.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    try updating the firmware of the SSD

It could be part of the 2000 hour bug, but then your pc should boot up fine but crash after 1 hour.
    Pretty sure it was closer to a 5000 hour bug, but semantics. Good link! Making me look up my own SSDs now. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

As good as crucial SSD's are supposed to be, I had one mx100 256 GB that kept disappearing from my system, since it was still under warranty I got my money back from the store (they could not replace it anymore due to not carrying them anymore), got a Samsung 850 evo in stead.

Anyways even though you fixed it, I would make sure to backup important stuff and keep an eye on it, even the best of things die eventually.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've had similar issues with my hard drives and switching the cords and sockets to plug them into fixed it. It might be that the issue is more with the motherboard rather than the hard drives....
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.